Nok Air / Samui Again (Sorry)

55Jay

Wasn't until after I made booking today, noticed our return air is through Nakhon Si Thammarat airport, not Surrat Thani.

Itinerary footnote: Please note that you are required to switch boat at Koh Phangan if your flight arrangement is via Nakhon Si Thammarat airport."

Does this mean the Mrs. and I ride a cat/ferry from Samui to Phangan, change boats, then to Surrat?

Ferry return looks to be the same 45 minutes as going over. Any comments/experience on this foot note?

Thanks, regards,

Jay

//

Flight No. Departing Arriving

Depart
DD7212Nok Eco Bangkok (Don Mueang) 11:30 Surat Thani 12:40

Air conditioned Coach Surat Thani 14:15 Surat Thani(Laem Thuat Pier) 15:45

Hi-speed Catamaran Surat Thani(Laem Thuat Pier)16:00 Koh Samui (Nar Ton Pier) 16:45

Return
Hi-speed Catamaran Koh Samui (Nar Ton Pier) 12:45 Surat Thani(Laem Thuat Pier) 13:30

Air conditioned Coach Surat Thani(Laem Thuat Pier) 14:00 Nakhon Si Thammarat 15:30

DD7811 Nok Eco Nakhon Si Thammarat 15:55 Bangkok (Don Mueang) 17:05

Nah you will go straight to Donsak on the ferry.

Roger that, thanks, Smokie. Odd note, didn't seem a plausible detour given the schedule.

Now I see the 0800 dep from Samui via Surrat (the lesser promo price offering), would of been 9,000 return, but that 8am show time leaving Samui just seemed so.... unreasonable. Ha ha.

Paid 11,060 for the two of us, happy with that compared to what I was going to do - Bangkok Air @ 18-19k direct from Utapao! blink.png

Tx again, cheers,

J

Yeah, the boat will collect you in Samui on the way through, as normal

I have done Koh Pha-Ngan to BKK via Nakorn Sri Thammarat myself. Have also done via Surat itself and with plane timings, etc Nakorn seemed better than just going to Surat anyway so no complaints

The ticket people are at the pier, show the ticket and they'll give you a coloured sticker so you know which bus to get on when you get to Donsak then mini bus to Nakorn ... it's all pretty smooth except for some shouting and organising buses but everyone knows which people are supposed to go on which bus

I have done Koh Pha-Ngan to BKK via Nakorn Sri Thammarat myself. Have also done via Surat itself and with plane timings, etc Nakorn seemed better than just going to Surat anyway so no complaints

The ticket people are at the pier, show the ticket and they'll give you a coloured sticker so you know which bus to get on when you get to Donsak then mini bus to Nakorn ... it's all pretty smooth except for some shouting and organising buses but everyone knows which people are supposed to go on which bus

Great, thanks Razzler. Cheers, J

Nah you will go straight to Donsak on the ferry.

Just got back to BKK. The Fly 'n' Ferry service with Nok Air was effecient and smooth, and a blast from past going through DMK. Mrs didn't care for the beat up old tour busses with crap A/C between airport and Donsak, but the aircraft and the hi-speed catamaran service were good to go.

IMO, nice little getaway for the price.

Cheers,

J

• Like 1