Is It An Impropriety To Bare A Bit Of Knobby Knee In Los?

When I go jogging (nearly running!) definitely wear shorts, wearing long trousers gives me chaps, chaps cheesy.gif . During the day, shorts, unless I am going to BKK then its into longs. Evening is longs and a long sleeved shirt with the cuffs turned back a couple of times. Likewise for funeral and weddings. Mind you doing the gardening is an entirely different story - but don't ask!

I thought you would get more chaps in shorts?

A man wears shorts at the beach or gym, or at the park exercising. In a large metropolitan city (like Bangkok) one should wear long trousers in public. Period. Shorts worn outside the home, beach or gym are the province of women and little boys.

In Thailand, if you're doing any sort of business (including visiting any business establishment, store, office), or temple, you had damn better wear long trousers. Or risk being yet another example of the uncultured and uncouth farang barbarian. I mean, do we WANT to give Thais any more of a reason to look down on us?

Edited by Ajaan

A man wears shorts at the beach or gym, or at the park exercising. In a large metropolitan city (like Bangkok) one should wear long trousers in public. Period. Shorts worn outside the home, beach or gym are the province of women and little boys.

In Thailand, if you're doing any sort of business (including visiting any business establishment, store, office), or temple, you had damn better wear long trousers. Or risk being yet another example of the uncultured and uncouth farang barbarian. I mean, do we WANT to give Thais any more of a reason to look down on us?

What a croc.

No - not a "croc."

I've experimented with this.

I've gone to Immigration wearing

shorts and a T-Shirt and was treated

very differently and couldn't get

anything done. Then, the next day,

long pants and nice shirt- No problem!

(This isn't the USA where Professors, Academicians,

Scientists, PhD's, ... CEO's of Facebook, ....

are at liberty to dress comfortably!)

Quite the opposite of "Up to you."

Here, "APPEARANCE" is EVERYTHING!!!

• Like 1

I love the Thai college girls in short short short skirts riding motorcycles. I am awe struck at how they can keep certain parts almost covered with so little fabric. It's <deleted> dangerous, though. I've almost crashed my bike a couple of times because of this LOS phenomenon.

• Like 1

Just makes sure no other knobby thing makes an appearance when you sit down. bah.gif

Alternatively, if the knobby thing makes an appearance when standing in shorts....LEGEND...and sure to attract a lot of attention clap2.gif

"Dress Polite" is the sign on immigration and the Driver's License bureau where the illustration indicates shorts are not appropriate on men or women. ( or sleeveless shirts. )

I am rather shocked at the apparel of some of the tourists visiting these offices.

A hairy, sweating shirtless man in Tesco grocery stor today was as unappealing as it gets.