Best Deal On A Small Aircon In Cm?

jaideeguy

Our bedroom aircon just bit the dust...burned out motor and we only use it for an hour or 2 a day, so we Don't need a fancy high end energy saving name brand beast. Just wondering if anyone has bought a cheap model lately or seen them on sale in CM??

If not, I'll probably go with a 'Haier' at siam city....seems like they are around 10k for the smaller model.

Any info appreciated.........

PS......why don't these monopoly superstores have a website to save driving all over town for the best deal???

Had a couple of good deals at Siam TV over the years. I'd avoid Haier though. They're cheap and get cold but rattle away a bit. Mitsu Slim's are great, and quiet. Unfortunately, it's that time of year when deals are harder to come by due to the heat. Several people have recommended Dragon Air (junction Super/Mae Jo Road): 053 854 878.

Had a couple of good deals at Siam TV over the years. I'd avoid Haier though. They're cheap and get cold but rattle away a bit. Mitsu Slim's are great, and quiet. Unfortunately, it's that time of year when deals are harder to come by due to the heat. Several people have recommended Dragon Air (junction Super/Mae Jo Road): 053 854 878.

For a bedroom I think you hit the nail on the head.

You would want a silent one there or as silent as you could get it.

Generally, prices are very competitive. Price is really not quite the answer, however. Reliability is more significant. Given the advice of more than one maintenance type (I do maintenance annually!) Mitsubishi and Panasonic are at the top for reliability.

Another pointer. Use the internet to "size" the unit to the space, and consider variables (e.g., number of heavy breathing adults). My experience is that the rate charts at dealers are too conservative. Not to stretch the point, but you might get way with a unit that is less powerful than indicated by the charts. BUT if you want 20C, not 27C, then don't aim too low!

Basically, the best deal on price is for a slightly older model of the same brand. There are clearances, etc.

As I said, we use the aircons quite conservatively .......usually run it for a half hr to chill the room out and take the 'edge' off this damn heat. Our bedroom aircons get no more than an hour's use per day, so why buy a name brand with all the bells and whistles. We already have 2 Haier units in the kid's rooms and they have served us well for 3 yrs now.

Now, if we ran the aircon all day long, then I would consider buying a high end inverter unit to save on elect, but with the little use ours get, a basic cheap unit will do.

Thanks all!! If Global doesn't have the Samsung, then I'll go straight to Siam TV for a Haier, unless someone comes up with a better deal before tomorrow.

Don't ever get anything from Siam TV, the after sales service sucks big time! The AC installer was unprofessional, rude and with poor attitude! I will never ever get anything from Siam TV which is quite a shame as the you will find the store carries almost all of the electrical appliances which you want.

FYI, I just bought a Samsung from Siam TV....their smallest unit with a lot of bells and whistles and @ 12,900thb, it was priced just a 1,000 over the same size Haier....including free install, 1 year service warantee and 5 yrs on motor and compressor.

Then went to Makro and saw the exact same unit priced 1,000thb more.

I've had good service from them over the years and don't have any complaints except the noise in the showroom and too many sales people like all the shops here.

Problem is with this heat, there is a long queue and can't get install until 1May.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks all!! If Global doesn't have the Samsung, then I'll go straight to Siam TV for a Haier, unless someone comes up with a better deal before tomorrow.

Don't ever get anything from Siam TV, the after sales service sucks big time! The AC installer was unprofessional, rude and with poor attitude! I will never ever get anything from Siam TV which is quite a shame as the you will find the store carries almost all of the electrical appliances which you want.

Well...you're in the minority. In fact after sales with Siam TV are superb. Unlike others they don't tell you to send it to Bangkok.

"The AC installer was unprofessional, rude and with poor attitude!" Probably reflecting your attitude. Thais service folk are just not that into 'agro'.

Just quoted 14,500 Bt for Samsung AC 13,000 BTU

Includes installation with that plastic looking pipe/drain for the outside (the pipe often costs extra).

Its not one of the big name stores, it was recommended by the guy who fixed the fridge tongue.png

Husband doesn't know where the shop is though blink.png

I second the recommendation on Dragon AIr. That is where I got mine, and the cost included installation. The service is great. They will also negotiate on the price.

Yeah, thanks to me for getting the aircon.....but it could easily return to the hellish highs. Summer is not over yet!!

We need to set up a rota for car washing, to ensure the daily rain continues .