Ed Visa Story And Immigration Office

Last year I have ask in a other topic about ED visa for my son.

The time was there to renew the ED visa i(t ended on 30 April.)

My son decided to go to the university .

he make the test successfully and make his subscription ( plus the payment)

The University give him a paper that he was subscribed to the university (+ official stamp)

so we went to Immigration office with all the copies' etc.

The officer didn't accept the subscription, she needed the proof that he was going to study .

Back again to university and he got a other paper ( for me it looks the same)

So yesterday we went again to Khonkaen

The officer who helped before was busy , and we got a other officer.

He was looking to papers for some time , then he told us , you need a paper from the high school that you are finish there.

or otherwise you have to come back exact on 30 April.

I ask him is this a new rule ? yes you have to get that paper, we wanted to go away in the same time the first officer ask what is going on and ask us to sit down again.

It turns out that officer 2 was wrong with his "own rules" , 10 min later every thing was done. (include his 90 days)

Anyhow he has is new ED visa and can go on with his study clap2.gif

Maybe officer 2 have to go school/study againwink.png

Just like my other thread about taxi drivers who won't do their job, and how do you respond to them? Good on you for standing your ground & getting the job done. Too many Thai authorities just make up the rules as they go. I'm glad it worked out for you.

We are happy it works out, and I have to say there are also good officers , in the passed 7 years I have had never any problem .

And what you can do ? always stay polite

Sounds like you were very lucky there. It is very unusual for an officer to contradict a colleague even when they know very well that the colleague is wrong.

Not so, a more experienced colleague will almost always correct the situation whilst, allowing his colleague to save face

Understanding the principle of allowing someone to avoid losing face is critical in any dealings in Thailand, if something can be corrected in such a way that the person who made the mistake does not loose face then it should be smooth.. but the moment you get angry, raise your voice or stop smiling.. then it all falls apart.