Egg Cups - Where To Buy Some?

ljerams

Verasu wireless road

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Verasu are rather expensive but I'll check out their Chaeng Wattana Branch next time I pass. At least that's one place to try. Thanks.

Any more?

I had a very hard time finding them too.

Eventually found them at chatuchak, quite cheap, about 20thb or something like that.

Can't remember the stall but it was one of the ones in the front, in the ceramics/kitchenware products.

Just Google egg cups then copy and paste a photo of what you want and show it at the shop.

The staff may not understand the English word, you may not pronounce the Thai word properly but only blind people cannot see a photo.

Many thanks for the various replies. I have decided that a visit to Ikea is needed because I have found two more items in their catalogue that I would like to buy. I did try something similar to shot glasses before I started the thread but I wanted something more stable. Hopefully, the Ikea egg cups should fill the bill nicely.

Please report if you find more egg cups for sale elsewhere.

Thanks again for the ideas and assistance

I spoke to the Central staff in Thai and they understoodtongue.png

Not that many Thais understand my spoken Thai as being partly deaf I cannot always get the tones right and what I think I say in Thai sounds different to a Thai speaker.

Yes, I understand the problem. In my case they understood what I was saying but as they had never heard of an egg cup, i had to clarify in Thai what it was used for. Generally, Thais don't eat soft boiled eggs and have no need for egg cups. My Thai wife has never heard of an egg cup neithersmile.png

Just to report that my visit to Ikea was successful and that I now possess a lovely egg cup plus a couple of other items

Getting there on a Saturday afternoon was the biggest problem with loads of traffic jams I used to know the Bang na area very well but now the new buildings and road interchanges were confusing. The Store is very interesting, a large variety of items for sale and generally well made. Next to the Ikea building is a Mega store, Home pro and a Robinsons so one could spend all day there. Thanks for suggesting Ikea but not on a Saturdaywub.png

Yes, I understand the problem. In my case they understood what I was saying but as they had never heard of an egg cup, i had to clarify in Thai what it was used for. Generally, Thais don't eat soft boiled eggs and have no need for egg cups. My Thai wife has never heard of an egg cup neithersmile.png

I don't understand why people make blanket statements about what Thais do or don't do something. My Thai boyfriend and I eat soft boiled eggs once a week and the day the housecleaners come because it's quicker and less messy. We don't have egg cups ( I don't like eating my boiled eggs that way.), we just scoop the eggs into a small bowl.