Galare Stadium For Muay Thai What A Joke

britgent

When it first opened (and was free) it was very good. Went a couple of times and had a few beers and saw some excellent matches including a Thai guy vs. a black woman who was a citizen of Switzerland. She K.O.'d him in the 2nd round. Took a while for him to come to. She was mean. Then when I went again, they had covered up 3 sides so you could not see unless you paid. Doesn't surprise me that it has gone downhill. Had they kept it as it was - maybe charged 150 and given 2 drink tickets and made a profit on the beer it would have continued to be good.

• Like 1

Never been but I thought they started with the kids fights and as the evening progresses, the fights get more "professional" with the star fight being the last one on the card?

Cheers,

Pikey.

When it first opened (and was free) it was very good. Went a couple of times and had a few beers and saw some excellent matches including a Thai guy vs. a black woman who was a citizen of Switzerland. She K.O.'d him in the 2nd round. Took a while for him to come to. She was mean. Then when I went again, they had covered up 3 sides so you could not see unless you paid. Doesn't surprise me that it has gone downhill. Had they kept it as it was - maybe charged 150 and given 2 drink tickets and made a profit on the beer it would have continued to be good.

Not being a patron of bars I do not know the price of a drink there.

But it seems to me that 150 baht including two drinks would not leave much profit for the fight sponsors and depending on the price of the drinks it might be better to buy two admission tickets and get four free drinks than buy one admission ticket and pay for two more drinks,

I have been loads of times previously before it moved to the new stadium around the corner, next to lemon grass and it was consistently good with 6-9 good adult fights including falang.

But to charge 400 baht for 5 children's fights is an absolute joke. This week was there last chance as last week was equally dire but I thought it might just beva one off.

What intrigues me though is the same people I usually see selling tickets, drinks, judging, refereering and announcing have all gone. So I am guessing either management has binned them all and gone for the joke segment of fighting or they've all moved on to a different vs stadium.

Damn I was chatting to the cool dutch falang announcer the other week I wish I took his number.

Edited by britgent

was in loi kroh stadium last night and boxing going on, but no one watching and no one taking any money,for admission except for some other boxers,going around with the collection box.in fact its been very quite of late in there bars empty,not many customers.

Edited by true blue

I am not sure if it is still there as I have not been in the night bazaar in years as there was no reason to visit once the kids grew up, but adjacent to the muay thai ring there use to be an early evening cabaret show that was always entertaining.