One For Fans Of Vegetarian Food

femi fan

Hope everybody can find it! Nice to see a lot of interest in going there.

I've had time to reflect upon the food i had there and it was even better than i described before.

Directions: imagine you are walking... go to the bottom of the night bazaar stretch so that panthip plaza is on your right. Go straight through the lights, you will come to another set of lights at a crossroads. Go straight through those.

Keep going until you see the KFC on the left hand side. I think this is probably 2-400 yards from the lights, but in any event it's before the turn into chiang mai land. The kfc is on your left. On the right pretty much opposite the kfc is a sort of road, a dead-end road. There's a pretty big sign at the mouth of this road saying vegetarian food. One cannot miss this sign.

It's really very easy to find. Drop the maps and just go to chang klan road! This is not a virtual restaurant, it's a real one!

She did tell me that they were planning on staying open to about half 6, in which case one can have an early dinner there.

Thanks Femi fan

"

Directions: imagine you are walking... go to the bottom of the night

bazaar stretch so that panthip plaza is on your right. Go straight

through the lights, you will come to another set of lights at a

crossroads. Go straight through those.

Keep going until you see the KFC on the left hand side. I think this

is probably 2-400 yards from the lights, but in any event it's before

the turn into chiang mai land. The kfc is on your left. On the right

pretty much opposite the kfc is a sort of road, a dead-end road.

There's a pretty big sign at the mouth of this road saying vegetarian

food. One cannot miss this sign."

Those are directions you don't have to have a electronic device to use.

some of us walk and need clear instructions.

It is in between The Empress Hotel and Chiang Mai Land road on the west side of Changklan road.

On the east side of Changklan road there is a KFC.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's HERE: 18.772499, 98.997853‎ (+18° 46' 21.00", +98° 59' 52.27" ). That's this entrance: http://goo.gl/maps/obzsx

I beg to differ - this entrance is still closer. wink.png

For members who prefer simple old-fashioned directions, the restaurant's mini-soi entrance is exactly half-way between KFC and the Central Chiangmai hospital, on the western (hospital) side of Chang Klan road.

Excellent food and service - I strongly recommend the sauted mushrooms served with peanut sauce. The garden part of the restaurant is a mini-oasis from the hectic main road.

Thanks to everyone who've contributed to this gem of a find.

After reading the directions for this restaurant and restaurants on other threads. You know directions like go north, go south. No go east, go west.300 metres from the lights. No 150 metres. The only place I will be going is to Suan Prung hospital.

Where is that? Is that the one on the South-Western part of the moat, going West for about 500 meters with Chiang Mai gate in your back and then you your left (South) hand side, opposite the park?

I like it too, they got great meds.

• Like 1

After reading the directions for this restaurant and restaurants on other threads. You know directions like go north, go south. No go east, go west.300 metres from the lights. No 150 metres. The only place I will be going is to Suan Prung hospital.

Where is that? Is that the one on the South-Western part of the moat, going West for about 500 meters with Chiang Mai gate in your back and then you your left (South) hand side, opposite the park?

Do they have enough of them for you Winniecheesy.gifgiggle.gif

They do. smile.png In all seriousness, people (incl. yours truly) like to make fun of the place as Chiang Mai's loony house, but there are some very professional doctors there, who are actually able to provide care and prescribe medications that aren't readily available at pharmacies anymore these days. Even getting something to help you get some sleep on a long flight seems a challenge for most pharmacies nowadays. So the best approach really is to keep it completely legal and truthful and get the medications you (or a loved one) need.

They even have a dedicated emergency phone number. Helpful next time a significant other freaks out over something silly. ;)

post-64232-0-31954000-1367249512_thumb.j

They do. smile.png In all seriousness, people (incl. yours truly) like to make fun of the place as Chiang Mai's loony house, but there are some very professional doctors there, who are actually able to provide care and prescribe medications that aren't readily available at pharmacies anymore these days. Even getting something to help you get some sleep on a long flight seems a challenge for most pharmacies nowadays. So the best approach really is to keep it completely legal and truthful and get the medications you (or a loved one) need.

They even have a dedicated emergency phone number. Helpful next time a significant other freaks out over something silly. wink.png

attachicon.gifsuanprung.jpg

I would guess the real loonies are kept up at the facility by Ob Khan. Don't you think?

They even have a dedicated emergency phone number. Helpful next time a significant other freaks out over something silly. wink.png

attachicon.gifsuanprung.jpg

Good thing to know as the wife is going to take more English lessons.

good lord, reading through the comments you would think the OP owes you lot a living.

how hard is it to go to the only kfc on the street, and walk 100 meters following the signs?

Not that hard, as it turns out. ;)

(Do note that the original post made no reference to the KFC though, have a look at it, the original directions were indeed vague. After that we just dragged it out a bit. :P )

good lord, reading through the comments you would think the OP owes you lot a living.

how hard is it to go to the only kfc on the street, and walk 100 meters following the signs?

Not that hard, as it turns out. wink.png

(Do note that the original post made no reference to the KFC though, have a look at it, the original directions were indeed vague. After that we just dragged it out a bit. tongue.png )

Is there only one KFC on Changklan?

(Do note that the original post made no reference to the KFC though, have a look at it, the original directions were indeed vague. After that we just dragged it out a bit. tongue.png )

One too many!!

• Like 1

Yes.

(There used to be one in the old Chiang Inn Plaza at the Night Bazar, but that was before the area was remodeled and the D2 hotel established at the old Chiang Inn Hotel.)

Yes, many thanks to the OP I will check this place- the management will wonder why so many old farang

suddenly appear.

Incidentally, to the OP- what is a 'femi fan'- a younger version,or son of, a 'fela fan',maybe?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

A couple of places do, but not especially well. Even fast food places in America do a much better job. They are so delicious and (kind of) vegetarian to (kind of) stay on topic..

It's nice to see more vegetarian places springing up, must get to check the OP's out, now that directions have been sorted. biggrin.png

A couple of places do, but not especially well. Even fast food places in America do a much better job. They are so delicious and (kind of) vegetarian to (kind of) stay on topic..

They look like, what the English among us, would refer to as a 'scone'- is that correct, or is it more flaky pastry?

They look like, what the English among us, would refer to as a 'scone'- is that correct, or is it more flaky pastry?

They are actually quite nice with gravy, but I can also see them with cream and jam. licklips.gif

• Like 1

Most of the scones that I have tried are slightly sweetened. Buttermilk biscuits are not. They are more like a sour dough taste, but also taste good with strawberry jam. Most of my British friends who have tried them liked them right away.

• Like 1

A Popeye's Chicken with Cajun beans and rice would be much better, but a KFC makes it easier to stick with eating vegetarian.

popeyesLogoLG2.jpg

I know the food scientists have created something pleasing, but when you actually read what's in it.......

Popeye’s Cajun Rice

RICE: ENRICHED PRECOOKED LONG GRAIN RICE (RICE, NIACIN, IRON, THIAMINE MONONITRATE, FOLIC ACID) SALT DRESSING: SOYBEAN OIL, WATER, SALT, PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED SOYBEAN OIL,MONOGLYCERIDES, AND SOYBEAN LECITHIN. SODIUM BENZOATE ADDED AS A PRESERVATIVE. LACTIC ACID ADDED TO HELP PROTECT FLAVOR. ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR. CALCIUM DISODIUM EDTA ADDED AS A PRESERVATIVE. COLORED WITH BETA CAROTENE. VITAMIN A PALMITATE ADDED.SHALLOTS: GREEN ONIONS, WATER, LACTIC ACID, SOYBEAN OIL, AND XANTHAN GUM. CAJUN MEAT SAUCE: GROUND BEEF, GROUND CHICKEN GIZZARDS, WATER, MEAT MIX SEASONING [sALT, SEASONING INCLUDING THE DEHYDRATES OF BELL PEPPERS AND PARSLEY, SPICES INCLUDING PAPRIKA, MONOSODIUM GLUTAMATE AND CARAMEL COLOR],DRIED ONIONS.

Popeyes Large Red Beans & Rice (15 oz)

Ingredients (48):

Rice : Rice (Rice Long Grain Enriched Precooked, Rice, Niacin, Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B1), Folic Acid (Vitamin aB)) , Red Rice Seasoning : Salt, Seasoning (Onion(s) Dried,Garlic Dried) , Spice(s) Including Paprika, Contains 2% or less of the Following: ( Silicon Dioxide Or Sodium Aluminum Sulfate Added To Prevent Caking, Contains 2% or less of the Following: ( added as Processing Aids ) (Soybean(s) Oil Partially Hydrogenated, TBHQ and Citric Acid added To Protect Flavor, Dimethylpolysiloxane, An Anti-foaming Agent added) ,Bean(s) Red : Water, Bean(s) Kidney Red, Pork Fat (Cured with Water, Salt, Flavor(s) Natural Smoke [Soybean(s) Oil Partially Hydrogenated and Flavor(s) Natural Woodsmoke] ,Sodium Phosphate, Sugar, Sugar Brown, Sodium Nitrate (Nitrite)) , Bean(s) Red Seasoning Mix (Salt, Spice(s) Including Paprika and Parsley, Garlic Dried, and Monosodium Glutamate) ,Onion(s) Dried, May contain : Food Starch Modified, Contains : Soy, Monosodium Glutamate,Dressing : Soybean(s) Oil, Water, Salt, Soybean(s) Partially Hydrogenated, Monoglyceride and Soybean(s) Lecithin, Sodium Benzoate (added To Protect Flavor, Flavor(s) Artificial Calcium Disodium EDTA Added as a preservative, Colored With Beta Carotene, Vitamin A Palmitate added)

Edited by ricklev
  • Like 1

I went yesterday but they were closed when I got there.sad.png Just saw above someone posted the business hours. I didn't see that yesterday. Anyway, coming down Chang Klan from the Night Bazaar there is a huge green sign on the right "Vegetarian Food". Would be impossible to miss. Right across from the mini mall like the others said. Will try again earlier next time.

Thanks for the recommendation. Will be sure to check it out.

Don't mean to hijack the thread but since we're on the subject, can anyone give the location of the newest Pun Pun Restaurant on Th. Suthep? I had thought I saw on a TV show that it is located at the very end of Suthep but I have passed by that area 3 times looking for it and can not find it. Thanks in advance.

It is definately there - I passed it on Saturday, Drive out of town on Suthep road go past canal road and it is further up on your left side, I am lucky as I live very close to the Pun Pun in Wat Suan Dok I am not a veggie but I think they could convert me the food is so good!

Thanks for the recommendation. Will be sure to check it out.

Don't mean to hijack the thread but since we're on the subject, can anyone give the location of the newest Pun Pun Restaurant on Th. Suthep? I had thought I saw on a TV show that it is located at the very end of Suthep but I have passed by that area 3 times looking for it and can not find it. Thanks in advance.

It is definately there - I passed it on Saturday, Drive out of town on Suthep road go past canal road and it is further up on your left side, I am lucky as I live very close to the Pun Pun in Wat Suan Dok I am not a veggie but I think they could convert me the food is so good!

Thanks. There are a million businesses on that particular stretch of Suthep. Very difficult to find anything especially while driving and trying not to collide with motorcyclists. Without a marker it's pointless to drive up and down that area looking for something.