You are not logged in ▶️ Click to sign-up or login ×
ASEANNOW Official TikTok account is now LIVE! -Follow Us! ×

Spectacles (Eye Glasses)

MichaelJohn

Just wanted to pass on my experience requiring new glasses.

I have progressive lenses and needed some new ones - I have "problem" eyes that I've always had difficulty getting good glasses for :-(

Went to The Mall Korat - OD Optical on 1st Floor (that's 2nd floor in Thai or American!).

Excellent service, optician speaks excellent English. Thorough job of testing and prescribing.

Much better than any of the big names that are only interested in selling the frames - this man cares about your eyes.

The Majority of Optical shops are Beautiful--Top Charen Owned by Thai Chinese and they really don't seem to like competition...Any competitor is quickly bought out...

Eyewear Is super Expensive in LOS...Best quality of lenses don't last more then a Year usually...

Some years ago I tried to obtain new glasses in Bangkok, was obliged to pay a 40% deposit and when they arrived I was unable to read with them. The very pleasant assistant advised me to take them since they looked so nice on me! After three attempts I gave up and waited until I return to Australia. My deposit was eventually returned.

If in Bangkok I recommended getting your eyes examined at Bumrungrad Hospital. The cost is very reasonable and the quality is excellent. I always see a Dr. Suwannee. She also has her own Optic Clinic on Sathorn where she has a wide selection of frames and provides very high quality lenses, including the progressive ones if you want. She special orders all of her lenses. So it's not a one day deal to get examined and fitted. But, IMHO, the end result is worth the slight inconvenience. She also makes prescription sun glasses which is the first place in Thailand that I've seen that.

How much did these glasses in Korat cost?

I need new ones myself.

Hesitant though as so expensive here and might wait till I go to another country soon.

Last glasses I got over 4 years ago in Bangkok, progressives, and have lasted until now. Glasses still ok, but eyes getting worse, so the glasses have outlived my eyes so to say. But they were expensive and as a first ever pair, think I paid too much.

Gets different if you need Multi focal lenses. Had a fair treatment at Beautifull optics at Thapei Road for a couple of times. At least the woman that 'treated' me could speak some english.

Tried Charoen Optics once for computer glasses. What a drag. No english...are you sure this is okay for you....we are not sure ourselves....when you are sure, you must pay...

Damn, they have the equipment, can even analyse my old glasses.

What stunnes me as well is they cannot provide plastic lenses with hard surface.

Every two years they are worn.

Multi focal cost me 20,000.- Baht each time. Okay, I have high rates like 6+ and 8+.

Haha, no worries, still can see.

If in Bangkok I recommended getting your eyes examined at Bumrungrad Hospital. The cost is very reasonable and the quality is excellent. I always see a Dr. Suwannee. She also has her own Optic Clinic on Sathorn where she has a wide selection of frames and provides very high quality lenses, including the progressive ones if you want. She special orders all of her lenses. So it's not a one day deal to get examined and fitted. But, IMHO, the end result is worth the slight inconvenience. She also makes prescription sun glasses which is the first place in Thailand that I've seen that.

Every optician makes prescription eyeglasses. Just had my lenses changed to green with prescription. Price 500 Baht.