Monk Impersonator Run Out Of Town

Lite Beer

BTW be careful on the road from Chiangmai to Chiangrai.

We (kindly) gave a lift to a couple of monks.

My gf was wai-ing when they left and got out a little contribution.

I didn't say anything as it could have been nasty for me.

They then apparently told her they needed some special shelter and asked for more......500baht.....and she paid.

I didn't hear this at the time.

I was well pissed off that my gf now wife who works long hours should be ripped off like this and we later learned that fake monks are well known on this route.

If you get asked like this give him a hard slap.

Why could it have become nasty for you?

Where they Kung <deleted> monks of some sort?

Other posters are correct.....my wife can have a kung <deleted> mouth.

Or even worse........say nothing.

I have learned the path of silence.

Edited by cheeryble

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As for what is my 'wrongness' based on. Its based on the fact that people are misled into thinking that by giving their material possessions to these freeloaders they will get something in return, when in fact they just get to hurt their knees for 5 minutes while the freeloaders chant some mumbo jumbo that will have absolutely no positive impact on their lives at all. No good luck, no points for reincarnation, nothing.

I usually don't give alms. But for most people who do, giving alms to real monks has a positive impact. They feel very positive about it and many Thai people who do this have some rudimentary understanding of Pali and know what the blessing mean.

I agree giving food to someone impersonating a monk is not good and immoral on the part of the taker.

It is to bad he can not experience the joy of giving. It is truly an experience that will show in their outlook on life. Have not got a clue what will happen to the wife when she dies but I know that here and now it gives her Joy and it makes me happy to see her happy. A win win for me and I am not a Buddhist.

He obviously does not have a good outlook on life.

There is an old saying misery loves company.

I know exactly what will happen to your wife when she dies. She will either be burnt to ash or stuck underground where here body will decompose. (Not withstanding any unforeseen disasters that may take her before her time of course). And that will be the end of her. No amount of offerings of rice, talc, toothpaste or delicately cooked slaughtered animal for the bald men to feast on all morning is going to bring her back as another animal in another life. Its a shame she seems to be deluded into thinking otherwise, but hey, if she's happy thinking this and the great saffron coloured unemployed get their 4 hour buffet every day without doing a solid days work or paying a satang in tax then who am I to argue with that.

• Like 2

I know exactly what will happen to your wife when she dies. .

Kananga has a point.

All the mumbo jumbo is a swerve to avoid the difficult to perceive heart of Buddhism which says things just need looking at in a different way............which comes down to there IS NO WIFE, and the IS NO YOU.

Sadly Buddhism is not a philosophy for the masses, never will be, so a set of rituals has been erected in it's place.

Edited by cheeryble
  • Like 1

Well as some wise man said "we are all Bozos on this bus!" Science looks deeper into the smallest things only to find there is something smaller. Looks deeper into the sky to only see there is sometime farther away. I sit in the middle? Existing, to drink beer and talk rubbish, making babies to follow in my footsteps that doesn't seem to mean much in the Bigger Picture. Who taught me it is wrong to kill my neighbor for his wife--- Did I give him a bowl of rice for his trouble? Hell if I know (anything for sure)