Best Steak In Bkk

deadman

Are you serious? Sunrise Tacos? That's got to be the worst Mexican food I ever had. If you are American and lived in the West, then you know Mexican food. Try La Monita if you want higher quality. As for steaks, best value and taste is Neil's Tavern. Someone said the steaks are frozen, but I could never never tell. Best I've ever had in Bangkok.

• Like 1

Are you serious? Sunrise Tacos? That's got to be the worst Mexican food I ever had. If you are American and lived in the West, then you know Mexican food. Try La Monita if you want higher quality. As for steaks, best value and taste is Neil's Tavern. Someone said the steaks are frozen, but I could never never tell. Best I've ever had in Bangkok.

The Steaks at Neil's Tavern are definitely frozen - at least every time I have been there and told them what sort of Steak I wanted the Waiter then came out with a tray of frozen solid cuts for me to choose the piece I wanted; worse, less than 20 minutes later my Steak was served, which obviously means it was nuked in a Microwave to thaw it out prior to cooking.

I am not so foolish as to believe that similar procedures occur elsewhere but somehow showcasing it - as they do at Neil's Tavern makes it more difficult to accept!

Patrick

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Been to El Groucho, New York, and the place on top of Landmark many times, love steak, but can't work out why people want to buy me a $100 steak.

Frankly, I like the Pasadena Chain, 139baht steak, sometimes crap, many times good, given it's 1/100 the cost of the other places I go to once a month, I think it's the best value

I'm not sure why anybody would order a steak in Thailand and expect it to be good! It would be like ordering Tom Yum Goong in Whicita, Kansas!

I'm not sure why anybody would order a steak in Thailand and expect it to be good! It would be like ordering Tom Yum Goong in Whicita, Kansas!

You need to get out more mate....Bangkok has some superb eating places....plenty mediocre ones too....just like any major city really.

If you like steaks back home you will like this cuisine 110% a KLONG LOAD NIGHT MARKET walking distance from Khoasan Road. Best Steak I tried so so far. All the food is great. I'm so chocked eating at this place 2nd the and time and its always full.

So you go there order what you want, then goes for a walk in the market for 15-20 min and after there is a free table and you get your food. I'm not sure if the Thai owner lived abroad learning how do do, studied, or just got the best cooking book in the world. but I tell you its delicious. and not costly 110 baht for the pork steak, 80 baht for the cheese spinach pie, 50 Bah for the gigantic salad,110 baht for the pork chop dish.10 baht for water

Open every night from 6PM-10PM. just one thing is minus - You don't wan to eat and look at your side if you hate the small black smelly rivers inside Bangkok wai.gif

whats all that crap on the steaks in the pic?

You need to get out more mate....Bangkok has some superb eating places....plenty mediocre ones too....just like any major city really.

I get out everyday and eat mostly Thai food or food that I cook myself. I know that there are "subperb eating places" in Bangkok but a 500 kilometer roundtrip for an overpriced piece of shoe leather isn't in the cards! I have lived here for over 16 years and I do not ever remember having a piece of beef that tasted anything like that available in Gallagers Steakhouse in NYC, no matter what the price!

I get out everyday and eat mostly Thai food or food that I cook myself. I know that there are "subperb eating places" in Bangkok but a 500 kilometer roundtrip for an overpriced piece of shoe leather isn't in the cards! I have lived here for over 16 years and I do not ever remember having a piece of beef that tasted anything like that available in Gallagers Steakhouse in NYC, no matter what the price!

You've lost me a bit....thread title is best steak in bkk.

In my opinion the best I have had is at the Shack in Samui.

Never had a good one in Phuket.

I suggest No Idea in Bangkok on the basis of quality for a fair price....certainly competitive with US prices.

Prior to this place opening I agree....good quality steak was hugely overpriced in Bangkok.

I don't eat Thai steak.

Honestly.... here is the best steak in Thailand:

1. Go to your local Villa.
  2. Buy one (or two) of the pre-cut, shrink wrapped, grass fed, rib eye steaks that they have in the butcher case. Pick a nice one, or have them cut one for you. Your eyes will know. Talk to the butcher.
  3. Bring it home, unwrap it and season it with salt, black pepper and thyme. Use your fingers to massage those seasonings into the meat. Rub it in. Then let it sit for a while.
  4. Take a big frying pan, and put it on a medium flame. Drop in a glug of olive oil (about a Tbsp or two.) Heat it up... medium high heat.
  5. The oil will start smoking. Shake the pan to spread the oil around. Lay in your steak.
  6. Let the steak cook for 3 MINUTES, then flip it, then cook another 3 MINUTES. 3 MINUTES per side. 3 MINUTES PER SIDE.
  7. Take it out of the pan and drop it on a plate. Let it just sit there and rest for at least 3-4 minutes.

Before you start step 1 above, prepare the accent:

1. Buy some white button mushrooms, some garlic, and some dry white wine (like chardonnay). Sometimes Foodland has white button mushrooms, usually Villa does.
  2. Cut each mushroom in half.
  3. Mince/press a few cloves of garlic.
  4. Drop about a Tbsp (or so) of olive oil into a frying pan. Heat it up on medium heat
  5. Throw in and sauté the mushrooms for a minute or two, then add the minced garlic. Add a little bit of salt, maybe a bit of ground black pepper. Don't let the garlic turn dark, crisp, or burned... that will make it bitter.
  6. After a couple minutes, pour in a glass or two of that nice white wine you bought.
  7. Saute it all until the mushrooms and garlic look, smell and taste nice. You will know when it is ready.
  8. With pride, spread out the garlic-wine-mushroom stuff over and/or around your well rested steak.
  9. Mmmm Hmmm,

If you are really ambitious:

1. Before any of the above... buy a nice potato or two.
  2. Wrap them in foil.... aluminum is preferred, but tin will work.
  3. Bake those wrapped potatoes in your toaster oven (or whatever) for an hour or so.
  4. After an hour or so, and when the steak is ready, unwrap the baked potatoes, cut their tops open, and throw on a slab of butter. Put a little salt on them, then drop those bitches onto the plate with your kickass steak with those wicked ass sautéed mushrooms.

Pour yourself a glass of the wine leftover from step 6 in the mushroom part. Admire yourself for a moment, then rock out on the best <deleted> steak in B fuckin KK.

Enjoy!

T.

Mexican: Agreed, Sunrise blows. La Monita is very good... staffs' dirty looks asides.