Change From Ed To Tourist Visa

Hello everybody,

is it possible to start with a ED-Visa (multiple entry), attend a government approved language class for a couple of weeks/months and then leave the country and re-enter with a tourist visa (multiple-entry; each time 60+30 days)?

I know that it should work the other way around but think its more logical to start with learning a bit of Thai first and travel later.

Need to cover a time of 9 months though.

Any suggestions?

Lena

Do keep in mind that it isn't necessary to have an ED Visa to study. You may consider applying for a triple entry Tourist Visa, it may be valid for only 6 months, but if used properly with extensions it will cover about 9 months.

• Like 1

Thank you all mso much :-D

you convinced me that its really the best choice to just get the Tourist Visa as that is enough paperwork already and youre free to travel around and as you said you can still attend a language school.....as I am a language teacher myself and have studied language teaching research Im quite picky with language schools and would like to actually visit a few test lessons and not book a class in advance from overseas anyways :-)

:-D

Edited by Lenalernt

Thank you all mso much :-D

you convinced me that its really the best choice to just get the Tourist Visa as that is enough paperwork already and youre free to travel around and as you said you can still attend a language school.....as I am a language teacher myself and have studied language teaching research Im quite picky with language schools and would like to actually visit a few test lessons and not book a class in advance from overseas anyways :-)

:-D

very wise!

don't part with any money without checking them out in person first

• Like 1