Smooth Ass Silk Chamois Cream In Thailand

PaulHamon

This has been floating around the internet for the last week:

ตัวอย่างฟรี Smooth Ass Silk Cycling Cream สำหรับแจกฟรี ตอนนี้เหลือ 5000 ชิ้น ลงทะเบียนได้ที่ http://smoothasssilk.com/ ช่วยทำให้การเดินทางของคุณนุ่มสบายมากขึ้น แม้แต่ก้นของคุณก็ต้องการการดูแลรักษาเอาใจใส่

Bicycle Thailand emailed this out last night...

Free Sample - Smooth Ass Silk cycling cream, use it on your tender bits before every ride to reduce chafing and pain.

5,000 sachets are being given away, register online now and have it mailed directly to your home.
Specially formulated for Thailand's conditions.

Register Now for your Free Sample

~ Bangkok Bike Expo 2013 this weekend at Impact Muang Thong Thani Exhibition Hall 4

~ BikeZone, 2nd Floor, Outdoor Unlimited Zone, Amarin Plaza, 496-502 Ploenchit Road, Lumpini, Pathumwan, Bangkok

~ Siam Bike Tours Co. Ltd, 135 Patak Road, Kata Beach, Phuket

~ http://smoothasssilk.com/product/smooth-ass-silk-cycling-cream/ and have it EMSed to your door

It's quite expensive I believe from 1 website I checked. Is it worth the extra money when I find a bit of vaseline on the nether regions does a good job?

Sent from my GT-N7000B using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

ive used a variety of creams and gels also vaseline i even carry a small jar with me, the best cream was one i got from the hospital for my feet it did'nt say what it was but i guessed it was lanolin or woolfat but when i went back for more they said they did'nt have any more so im trying alternatives.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

OK I am no doctor but a burnt-out vet.

There are a number of inexpensive solutions to the chaffing problem.

Vaseline, sunscreen lotion (bloody expensive here in Thai, one litre costs $9 in aussie last November),

margarine (if you don't mind going stinky after a couple of hours in the saddle).

All applied liberally to at-risk nether regions.

You can reduce chaffing by finding a comfortable seat position

(much experimentation required here 'coz we are all individuals).

And I say poo-poo to riding in spandex/lycra in the tropics,

I can have a friction-free daylong ride in a pair of loose shorts.

But don't let it all hang out, AA

• 2 weeks later...

I've used Vaseline for the last few years. I'm actually still on a tub I bought in Tehran (technically, Vaselina- almost everything in Iran is a locally produced rip-off of Western brands) almost three years ago (it was similarly difficult to find chamois cream in Iran.)

I don't think I honestly notice that much difference... maybe the chamois cream is easier to clean off the shorts after, that would be about it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've used Vaseline for the last few years. I'm actually still on a tub I bought in Tehran (technically, Vaselina- almost everything in Iran is a locally produced rip-off of Western brands) almost three years ago (it was similarly difficult to find chamois cream in Iran.)

I don't think I honestly notice that much difference... maybe the chamois cream is easier to clean off the shorts after, that would be about it.

much eaiser and doesn't damage them.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

@pinecone- it depends very much on the mileage you are doing. I can do 200km on day 1 and not need cream. I can do 200km on day 2 and still not need cream. But from day 3, I need cream.

I don't use the stuff unless I am doing >100km back to back for several days. But then it is advisable.

Edited by blorg
  • Like 1