Farrang Chefs In Los

I read recently on (i think) this forum,that the private (fallang) hospitals were seeing an

upsurge in western people coming to LOS for the treatments they need.

So i ask the question,is there room for 5* trained Chefs to work in these hospitals ?

Maybe the 'recovering' people would prefer some foods that would help them to get better

quicker, foods that they can 'identify' with.

Don't get me wrong i would eat Thai food everyday,but you get someone coming

out of surgery maybe they would like 'home cooked food' ?.

Yes i have been looking for work,but 'thai national' is what you get.

have seen (not often} Chefs from the 'world' posting here.but we get lost in the ether.

Hope you accept this topic,feel free to edt :o

All the hospitals that treat western patients have western food available. I highly suspect it is cooked by Thai as it does not have to be 5* to be wholesome. Believe most foreign chefs are employed in the major hotels or have there own establishments. And I suspect it takes a lot of luck and talent to survive as it seems to be a very competitive field.

Hi Potato,

I guess you are a Chef like me and you're looking to work in Thailand.

I do this since more than 12 years now and I am quite happy with it.

To get a job in a hospital as a Chef will be very difficult I think, especially for a newcomer.

You must have a good knowledge of Thai language and much more important to accept the culture here.

From your profile I can see you are in London. Many years ago I came over from London as an Exec. Chef to start "a new life" here in Thailand it was my dream since I've been here for the first time in my life.

So I started in a very small place with 10000.-Baht a month, believe it or not!

But I went through this hel_l to learn the language and all other new rules I had to follow.

I am working now for a very big company with a great salary 5 days a week and from morning to afternoon 5pm.

When you need any help feel free to pm me.

Good luck,

Gerd

Worth mentioning that one of the best thai chefs is a farang, David Thompson author of Thai Food, very much the bible and he runs the only Thai Michelin starred restaurant in Europe. He stopped over in Bangkok and then stayed over there for a number of years.

Worth mentioning that one of the best thai chefs is a farang, David Thompson author of Thai Food, very much the bible and he runs the only Thai Michelin starred restaurant in Europe. He stopped over in Bangkok and then stayed over there for a number of years.
The Head chef for the Amari Watergate Hotel is a young man from Blackpool,he has been with them since it opened, he seems to do just fine , also met lots of german chefs employed in Los, nignoy