Mae Suai Dam Fishing

krung

Hi, was wondering does anyone know the prices to fish at Mae Suai dam. Saw some packages are offered for under 2000 baht but is it possible to fish there yourself maybe just rent a boat. Thanks

Edited by krung

• 3 weeks later...

I have never fished there but I drive by the reservoir about three times a week. I have never seen boat rentals, but I am quite sure you can fish off the shore anytime you like. If you hear of boat rentals please report back though. I might be interested to give it a shot too.

I see from time to time local villagers out in a boat, maybe you can borrow theres or at least inquire where to rent one . If sitting on the grass verges, beware of snakes, they like the odd drink now and again .biggrin.png

They have two very large House Boats type things anchored down beside the Restuarant next to the Dam wall. We were quoted 2200 baht to hire a House Boat for 3 hours. They are big and have a driver and an assistant on the trip. They can carry more than 25 people and has a large BBQ on board. You supply your own food or at a cost they will supply. The assistant does the cooking either way. It has a big TV with DVD player and of course a Karioky System. It has on board toilets and ALL Fishing gear is supplied. It can be hired for a longer period and if the total is split up with a few families it is really cheap. If you want it for a special day I would advise to go out and do a forward booking. If no one is about there are phone numbers on the wall of the Restuarant that you can ring. Have fun.

• 2 months later...

Sorry a bit late but thanks for the replies. Opening a campsite up the road in an akha village and was looking into things to do in the area, Free fishing seems like a bit of a draw, will look into the house boat option when i am back up seems a good deal. Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Took a friend and his wife to Mae Suai Dam last Sunday and couldnt believe how low it is. Last few trips the house boats were anchored right at the bottom of the lawn below the restuarant. Now you have to walk down at least 50 mtrs to board one. They only have one operating at the moment.

Took a friend and his wife to Mae Suai Dam last Sunday and couldnt believe how low it is. Last few trips the house boats were anchored right at the bottom of the lawn below the restuarant. Now you have to walk down at least 50 mtrs to board one. They only have one operating at the moment.

Give it a couple of weeks and look again. Last year it was maxed out by September.