Rule Of Law And Democracy Suffered Setbacks After Thaksin's Ouster, Yingluck Says

webfact

This woman is either dilusional or just plain stupid. This is a clasic case of the pot calling the kettle black. You want to see a landslide in the abuse of power then simple look at Thaksins last two years in power.

Quite.

One question which she was likely to be dodging, when she bypassed the Thai media at the airport, is "Do you recall which former-PM said "Democracy is Not Our Aim", hint ... a close male relative. So why do you insist that democracy only went wrong after he was deposed ?"

To claim him as a beacon of democracy, as his supporters now try to do, or portray him as fighting for democracy, is simply wrong ! blink.png

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see on the 12 Oclock news on tele that when she arrived back this morning she has refused to give interviews to the Thai press.

Might be asked questions she has no answers for?

That remark is the insolence of a poorly educated boy. Your statement implies that the entire electorate of Thailand, a sovereign nation is ignorent , which highly unlikely to be true and is offensive to millions of Thais, their government and the monarchy.

How on earth did you reach that conclusion from the quoted post? What has Yingluck's fear of the press got to do with the intelligence of the entire Thai electorate? Even if you were to argue that his post hints that the Thai electorate must be ignorant for voting in such a clear example of a mindless, easily led puppet figure with the intelligence of a deep sea sponge, it in no way implies that the entire electorate is ignorant. Just the 48% of the 75% of eligible voters that actually voted for her.

• Like 2

It is already a diplomatic disaster when the PM p[expletive] at her own country while representing it on the international stage. Doing so by telling outright lies makes it even more inexcusable. The text indicates that it was written for her by Robert Amsterdam, who has a reputation for avoiding fact-checking before making his preposterous statements.

If there were any doubts about Yingluck's total lack of qualification for the PM job she managed to remove them with this load of [expletive].

Plus she chose a country, to make her speech, which has it's own dubious history in regard to building / killing and embarrassing to the local PM also sitting on the stage. In other words she wasn't briefed very well by the Thai foreign affairs ministry.

Plus she chose a country where there was little chance she could be questioned by the press. In fact a calculated strategy no doubt, because she would have been cut to pieces if questioned by many of the Asia based and other journalists who have good knowledge of the political events in Thailand over the last 10 years.

Ha !!!

Which journalists would they be ??

Name a few.

This woman is either dilusional or just plain stupid. This is a clasic case of the pot calling the kettle black. You want to see a landslide in the abuse of power then simple look at Thaksins last two years in power.

Quite.

One question which she was likely to be dodging, when she bypassed the Thai media at the airport, is "Do you recall which former-PM said "Democracy is Not Our Aim", hint ... a close male relative. So why do you insist that democracy only went wrong after he was deposed ?"

To claim him as a beacon of democracy, as his supporters now try to do, or portray him as fighting for democracy, is simply wrong ! blink.png

Just to clarify, I don't think anybody has ever portrayed Thaksin as a beacon of democracy, and certainly not on this forum.

Democracy did go wrong because of the coup though.........

There will be a chance for the Thai people to endorse or reject PTP at the next general election, maybe Abhisit/Dem/Amart will win by a landslide and prove many Thai Visa contributors to be correct in their views. But then again......

You mean like in Bangkok?

Quite.

Just to clarify, I don't think anybody has ever portrayed Thaksin as a beacon of democracy, and certainly not on this forum.

Democracy did go wrong because of the coup though.........

Yes, the outcome of the first "post coup" election was extremely flawed. Or did you mean something else?

In a related development, Pol Maj-General Sangiam Samranrat, an official attached to the PM's Office, filed a complaint with the Crime Suppression Division, alleging the nine judges were causing a public disturbance.

This is one of the most idiotic statements I have heard from these buffoons. The judges are going on about their business as usual and the red minions have laid siege outside the court building. Of course that is not a public disturbance. Unbelievable nonsense.

What else would you expect Pimay1? Idiots thinking they are running the country - but in fact are all just pawns in a power play. As to this statement... "Rule of law in the country was destroyed" - perhaps she would like to explain it now - corruption is at an all time high, police are all lame bumbling fools with no chance or upholding any law, and the reds are refusing to allow the constitutional court judges to adjudicate on a bill so heavily biased to be laughable. No Ms Yingluck, you are driving this country to at least another coup or at worst - civil war - all because you believe the rhetoric of your insane brother. Go ahead, the sooner the Shin clan and corrupt cronies are removed the faster the country will recover.

Edited by Locationthailand
  • Like 2

Well I agree that "rule-of-law" suffered: the law is that you must feed the politicians and believe in their BS. When Thaksin was overthrown the only thing that changed in that law was which party's BS you needed to believe in.

Democracy though? It never existed.

• Like 1

In a related development, Pol Maj-General Sangiam Samranrat, an official attached to the PM's Office, filed a complaint with the Crime Suppression Division, alleging the nine judges were causing a public disturbance.

This is one of the most idiotic statements I have heard from these buffoons. The judges are going on about their business as usual and the red minions have laid siege outside the court building. Of course that is not a public disturbance. Unbelievable nonsense.

What else would you expect Pimay1? Idiots thinking they are running the country - but in fact are all just pawns in a power play. As to this statement... "Rule of law in the country was destroyed" - perhaps she would like to explain it now - corruption is at an all time high, police are a lame bumbling fools with no chance or upholding any law, and the reds are refusing to allow the constitutional court judges to adjudicate on a bill so heavily biased to be laughable. No Ms Yingluck, you are driving this country to at least another coup or at worst - civil war - all because you believe the rhetoric of your insane brother. Go ahead, the sooner the Shin clan and corrupt cronies are removed the faster the country will recover.

Alas, you are mistaken -- even if the entire Shin clan is removed, another dictator will step into place.

With all the coups that go on, you'd think Thailand would adopt something like the 22nd Amendment of the US Constitution but noooOOOoooooo... that would TRULY be democratic! It's insane! Can you imagine only being able to run TWO terms??

Not like US Presidents in the past haven't tried to have THAT particular amendment repealed -- but that's the thing: WE, THE PEOPLE help set up those laws and we will very well godd@mn protect them too! It takes a great leader to get these laws put in so that future leaders don't let the power go to their heads -- which seems to happen ALL THE TIME.

Grace of God ....? Oye what now ...?? Pff!! a new comer with "Grace of God" !..???

Yingluk - "it is clear that elements of theanti-democratic regime still exist:"

And many of them have contributed thousands of posts to Thai Visa in the last few years.

Abhisit - "It is also not right to defend her brother, who is a fugitive wanted by the Thai authorities"

There but by the grace of god go you

In Thailand there is a strong support for Thaksin, that's one of the reasons he was overthrew from power, somehow he was getting too popular unlike Aphisit who was putted into power buy the coup leaders.

Disclaimer: I am not a supporter of Thaksin, or any other politician.

"I am not a supporter of Thaksin but ... " cheesy.gif

Which coup leaders put Abhisit in power?

I think you will find that a majority of elected MPs put Abhisit in power.

As you whish, just to say that Abhisit and hes dems has not won an ellection in like 20 years?whistling.gif

I see we have someone else that doesn't understand how PMs are selected. Abhisit was selected the same way that Thaksin was. By a majority of the MPs. I'm American and I get that. I don't understand why people have a hard time grasping that concept.

Opposition leader Abhisit Vejjajiva yesterday said Yingluck should clarify her roles as Thaksin's sister and Thailand's prime minister.

"She should clearly distinguish her roles as a sister and the prime minister. She may feel sorry for her brother being overthrown from power, but that's a personal matter.

I think that is also a political matter.

I think that she also made clear that if she feels sorry for someone then it are the people who voted for her brothers government.

And she should have also made it clear that her brother is a convicted criminal fugitive, with further outstanding court warrants, who also controls her government.

It's disgraceful that any politician uses office to mouthpiece propoganda for advancing their own clan. Few countries would tolerate this behaviour. Try researching why her brother had to be removed by a coup, whilst keeping an open mind if possible.

In Thailand there is a strong support for Thaksin, that's one of the reasons he was overthrew from power, somehow he was getting too popular unlike Aphisit who was putted into power buy the coup leaders.

Disclaimer: I am not a supporter of Thaksin, or any other politician.

"I am not a supporter of Thaksin but ... " cheesy.gif

Which coup leaders put Abhisit in power?

I think you will find that a majority of elected MPs put Abhisit in power.

As you whish, just to say that Abhisit and hes dems has not won an ellection in like 20 years?whistling.gif

I see we have someone else that doesn't understand how PMs are selected. Abhisit was selected the same way that Thaksin was. By a majority of the MPs. I'm American and I get that. I don't understand why people have a hard time grasping that concept.

They have a hard time grasping the concept because it doesn't fit with what they want it to be.

"I am guessing you are a bored high school student waiting for school to

start and you want to be a troll here for your amusement."

"Nope, am not, am bachellor in Chinese language and culture+Bachellor in Business Administration+Master International Business and most of time am very bussy but today am amusing myself here."

well I guess that explains why you cant put sentences together in

english or spell very well, I take it you got the degrees here in

Thailand, how much did they cost?

I spell as i whish, my degrees where for free(fullscholarships) wid the exeption of the bachellor in Business that I did it heer in thailand(in thai language) the other one, the bachellor in chinese, got it from beijing language and cultures university and the master from the university of tokyo wai2.gif
So you have spent a lot of time from school and got nothing from it. "I spell as I whish". You are a perfect example of why the foreigners in this forum complain about the Thai education system. You need to stay in Thailand for work because any where else they will laugh at you for your lack critical thinking, speech, grammar, and unable to communicate in general.

Someone needs to explain that the little red squiggle under the word means, that it is spelt incorrectly.

• Like 2