Property Market ....picking Up ?

OK, 10 million USD!!!

You could buy 3 X 3 bedroom villa residences at the 4 Seasons in Samui for that amount!! Each of the villas has 2 pools, so for 10 million you would have 6 swimming pools and 9 bedrooms and bathrooms all within the gated luxury of the 4 seasons resort.

How many wood ducks are there around with 10 million US?

I suppose after a while I will just give up commenting on this matter and just leave everybody to their own opinion.

At the end of the day, I suppose the only opinion that matters will be that of the buyer, should such an illusive person ever appear again.

However as there is a question at the end of your post I will respond.

As far as I know, no wood ducks come with the property.

With regards to your comparison to Four Seasons Villas.

Four Seasons is a fantastic resort and the Villas have a wonderful feel to them.

On top of this the place is spectacularly well managed by true professionals.

Four Seasons, along with Santiburi are in my humble opinion are the finest on Samui.

However I think it is fair to say that someone who would like to become an owner at Four Seasons, would likely to be not attracted to owning this property.

By the same token, I think any likely purchaser of my property would not be interested in the Villas next to Four Seasons and currently managed so well by them.

They are two completely different concepts in property ownership.

The lucky pampered owners at Four Seasons get driven in golf carts to their properties.

I like to drive my car into my property.

They are more comfortable having neighbours and being on small plots.

I like being on a large 4 rai plot in relative privacy.

They are so well catered for that they don't need a kitchen of any size. I like a huge kitchen that I can cook in.

You are clearly much better informed than I because I was under the impression that the better Villas on Four Seasons were in fact being marketed for around 145m baht, so I suspect you would be nearer to getting two for the same money than three.

Also all the Villas I have been round at Four Seasons in fact have one pool, not two, and very sensible too.

I think eggs need to be compared with eggs really.

I'm guessing a guy that wants to buy a Bentley would not go and suddenly buy two Range Rovers because he can get two for the same price as the Bentley.

At least I'm hoping this applies to property as well.

Sadly, at the moment, I am well short of affording either at the moment, but I might go bananas if the property ever sells! Ha ha!

Cheers.

Well said sir. thumbsup.gif

OK, 10 million USD!!!

You could buy 3 X 3 bedroom villa residences at the 4 Seasons in Samui for that amount!! Each of the villas has 2 pools, so for 10 million you would have 6 swimming pools and 9 bedrooms and bathrooms all within the gated luxury of the 4 seasons resort.

and the management fees / charges for electric etc ??

Not to mention 300 baht for a small beer. Oops I mentioned it. whistling.gif

Edited by Tropicalevo
  • Like 1

I can understand why so many properties are listed and sit on the books for years.

During my recent stay in Jomtien I contacted several agents with queries regarding the status. . Ownership foreign or to view a property but didn't get to see one through those agents.

So I have advertised in Thai Visa classifieds to buy a condo in View Talay. It's nice to look at the listings but if you can't get an inspection and an opportunity to make an offer your property remains just another listing.

View Talay 2A is preferred but 5 considered...looking for a motivated and enthusiastic vendor of a high floor condo in foreign name.

No agents thanks. The agent who contacted me after I left Thailand has sent me his listings. I will continue to communicate with Mark.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The house in the OP and the general property market have nothing to do with eachother. People who can afford a 280 mill house usually do not care much about the price, they just want the best house available on whatever island they have set their eyes on. Ordinary houses on the other hand have competition from thousands of other similar houses at similar prices, so they depend on the general market conditions.

OK, 10 million USD!!!

I suppose after a while I will just give up commenting on this matter and just leave everybody to their own opinion.

At the end of the day, I suppose the only opinion that matters will be that of the buyer, should such an illusive person ever appear again.

Four Seasons is a fantastic resort and the Villas have a wonderful feel to them.

Four Seasons, along with Santiburi are in my humble opinion are the finest on Samui.

However I think it is fair to say that someone who would like to become an owner at Four Seasons, would likely to be not attracted to owning this property.

By the same token, I think any likely purchaser of my property would not be interested in the Villas next to Four Seasons and currently managed so well by them.

The lucky pampered owners at Four Seasons get driven in golf carts to their properties.

They are so well catered for that they don't need a kitchen of any size. I like a huge kitchen that I can cook in.

You are clearly much better informed than I because I was under the impression that the better Villas on Four Seasons were in fact being marketed for around 145m baht, so I suspect you would be nearer to getting two for the same money than three.

Also all the Villas I have been round at Four Seasons in fact have one pool, not two, and very sensible too.

I'm guessing a guy that wants to buy a Bentley would not go and suddenly buy two Range Rovers because he can get two for the same price as the Bentley.

Sadly, at the moment, I am well short of affording either at the moment, but I might go bananas if the property ever sells! Ha ha!

Cheers.

I agree. People who like Bentley and can afford a Bentley, they buy a Bentley, even if they could buy 100 Range Rovers for the same money. Rich people usually just want the best, be that a huge kitchen, a large plot of land, a private driveway or whatever.

Good luck with the sale!

Edited by monkeycountry

Top of the Props: Thailand climbs into world top three

Thursday, May 2, 2013. Ivan Radford @themovechannel

Thailand became the third most popular property destination in the world last month, according to TheMoveChannel.com’s Top of the Props. The country accounted for 6.78 per cent of all enquiries on the real estate portal in April 2013, a share that took Thailand into the top three countries, its highest ever ranking.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

• Like 1

Top of the Props: Thailand climbs into world top three Thursday, May 2, 2013. Ivan Radford @themovechannel Thailand became the third most popular property destination in the world last month, according to TheMoveChannel.com’s Top of the Props. The country accounted for 6.78 per cent of all enquiries on the real estate portal in April 2013, a share that took Thailand into the top three countries, its highest ever ranking. Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

I would take that survey with a grain of salt. It's only a search portal and it's only enquires, so how can they say it's the 3rd most popular property destination.maybe for searching true but doesn't mean it makes a sale. He could be trying to push his portal for financial benefit.

OK, 10 million USD!!!

Cheers.

I agree. People who like Bentley and can afford a Bentley, they buy a Bentley, even if they could buy 100 Range Rovers for the same money. Rich people usually just want the best, be that a huge kitchen, a large plot of land, a private driveway or whatever.

Good luck with the sale!

Cheers Mr Monkey. Thanks I think I might need a bit of luck in the current market along with a strong baht.

Probably a fair amount of patience also.

All the best with whatever you do too.

Cheers.

Im not sure anyone in there right mind would ever consider Dubai.I would not even stop over there.

I don't see the prices/values that were around in 2007/2008 coming back anytime soon, maybe by 2016, sooner or later the Thai's will have to loosen their property/land ownership rules. I think they will start with allowing ownership of up to 1 rai by 2016.

Sg and Hong Kong are the places to market a property like that Nod, and you should try a diffirent approach, i have one idea for you, pm me if you wnat to hear it.

Im not sure anyone in there right mind would ever consider Dubai.I would not even stop over there.

I don't see the prices/values that were around in 2007/2008 coming back anytime soon, maybe by 2016, sooner or later the Thai's will have to loosen their property/land ownership rules. I think they will start with allowing ownership of up to 1 rai by 2016.

Sg and Hong Kong are the places to market a property like that Nod, and you should try a diffirent approach, i have one idea for you, pm me if you wnat to hear it.

You would be surprised with Dubai , a lot of interet there now

You are already allow to own 1Rai if you meet the requiremnet look it up. As for 2016 why would you say that, is there some thing the general population don't know about. As for Dubai I will say you are wrong there is so much info out there to say other wise.

• Like 1

Dubai is on the up again, great rental return on places like The Palm

Dubai is on the up again, great rental return on places like The Palm

Plus the prices have gone down , I am shocked on enquires I get for Dubai. But it's cheap to live there and no tax .....