Property Market ....picking Up ?

Seems Chinese tourists and demand is picking up along with the ever present Russians

as French and other Euros look to diversify ....

but this seems way over the top !

'A grand villa has been put on sale on Koh Samui for a cool THB280 million (US$9.57 million)'

http://www.property-report.com/luxury-villa-put-on-sale-on-koh-samui-29321

WOW I thought a forgiener could only own a condo

A foreigner can own a villa but needs to rent the land for a set period or do a shady set up company deal.. Anyway who in there right mind would spend US$10mil in Samui if it were the Chinese most likely go to Australia and they will be welcomed with open arm's if they bring in that sort of money.

• Like 1

Im pretty much lost on why someone should spend that kind of money for a place in samui let alone thailand considering

1. Infrastructure

2. Corruption

3. Lack of educational development in thailand

4. You could lose that villa really quick if thai's really wanted to kick you out.

5. Serious lack of rule of law

6. You dont even get to really own the villa due to restrictions on foreign ownership

Sent from my GT-using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Im pretty much lost on why someone should spend that kind of money for a place in samui let alone thailand considering 1. Infrastructure 2. Corruption 3. Lack of educational development in thailand 4. You could lose that villa really quick if thai's really wanted to kick you out. 5. Serious lack of rule of law 6. You dont even get to really own the villa due to restrictions on foreign ownership Sent from my GT-using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

They can afford it .Plus think not of a villa, but a 5 star resort. How they own it , none of our business, I am sure the legal egals can provide you with answers.

Well if the property market is picking up then perhaps someone knows a real estate agent that is moving properties. I want to leave and for obvious reasons would like to sell my villa. Any sensible pm's relevant to this would be greatly appreciated.

Actually only officially been on the market for a little bit over a year.

Owner was offered 300 m for it in 2007 and an almost similar amount in 2008 when it was not for sale.

On an 4 rai almost flat plot of land at that elevation and in that sort of location in Phuket the price of the property would not be regarded as surprising.

In Samui it is regarded as being expensive.

I guess it all depends on where the eventual buyer wants to live.

As regards to Churchill's question re. land and build costs.

The land was relatively cheap when purchased in 2003 but due to topography and location, would now be very expensive.

It was shockingly expensive to build in 2005-2007 due to the enormous detail and quality of the build and would be at least double now and probably more.

If you had the time, energy, could find the right land and were prepared to take the risk of it ever being completed, you would almost certainly be able to achieve a similar result for under the asking price.

Nothing new there then.

However this is unlikely to be the case for the eventual purchaser who will probably see the price as being about the same as a really nice high end apartment in Singapore, Shanghai or Hong Kong.

As the current owner, (me) is quite happy living there at the moment and is in fact rather ambivalent about selling it anyway, it is all rather irrelevant.

At the end of the day, the same rule as with all purchases will apply. " Willing buyer and willing seller"

Please feel free to pop up for a private "view". Those with cheque books especially welcome!

After seeing the bargains to be had in Dubai on Tv last night for around US7.5ml and guaranteed owenership plus unlimited benifit's plus they have electricity on demand. If I was looking I know where I would go. Anyway let us know if ever you sell the property.

After seeing the bargains to be had in Dubai on Tv last night for around US7.5ml and guaranteed owenership plus unlimited benifit's plus they have electricity on demand. If I was looking I know where I would go. Anyway let us know if ever you sell the property.

I have to work in Dubai every now and then bah.gif ...much better here thumbsup.gif ...and for that sort of coin you'll have your own 'proper' silent generator set-up

Owner was offered 300 m for it in 2007 and an almost similar amount in 2008 when it was not for sale.

On an 4 rai almost flat plot of land at that elevation and in that sort of location in Phuket the price of the property would not be regarded as surprising.

The land was relatively cheap when purchased in 2003 but due to topography and location, would now be very expensive.

It was shockingly expensive to build in 2005-2007 due to the enormous detail and quality of the build and would be at least double now and probably more.

If you had the time, energy, could find the right land and were prepared to take the risk of it ever being completed, you would almost certainly be able to achieve a similar result for under the asking price.

Nothing new there then.

However this is unlikely to be the case for the eventual purchaser who will probably see the price as being about the same as a really nice high end apartment in Singapore, Shanghai or Hong Kong.

As the current owner, (me) is quite happy living there at the moment and is in fact rather ambivalent about selling it anyway, it is all rather irrelevant.

At the end of the day, the same rule as with all purchases will apply. " Willing buyer and willing seller"

Please feel free to pop up for a private "view". Those with cheque books especially welcome!

They also have law and order

They also have law and order

Yes...some of them very strict whistling.gif

For sure. Try sitting outside at a street cafe or on a beach - enjoying a cold glass of the amber nectar in Dubai w00t.gif

Free accomodation for quite a while methinks.ermm.gif

Back on topic - I have noticed more activity in the area where I live recently.

1 Very decent property at a sensible price - nice plot of land - stunning views - SOLD.

2 Smallish property - small piece of land - smallish but reasonable price - good views - SOLD. Both in the last month.

Previous to that - only one property sale in years (and I mean years!), and that was to a developer who knocked the properties down.

Although real estate agents had taken visitors to both sold properties, the eventual sales were direct with owners. No agents. Just a sign outside the house.

There are other properties for sale in the locale - all overpriced for what they are - all still for sale.

It seems that westerners look at property sales here as being similar to their own country. ie I have a great house it must be worth a fortune. The reality is - price/location/land/location/land. A great house makes for an easier sale under those conditions.

I know that this is all a generalisation - but on the whole it seems to stand up. There are always exceptions.

Edited by Tropicalevo

Nothing new there then.

Cheers John. Will do. Though in the current market, I don't think it will be anytime soon.

With regards to Dubai, of course it is all down to personal preference, though I have to say, I would have to be paid a huge amount of money and given the house free, to go and live there.

This, even though, the nicest people you are likely to meet there are Thais, Plillipinos etc. mostly from this area of S.E. Asia that I enjoy so much.

If the property ever sells, I will be using the bulk of the proceeds to build another property on the Island and hopefully using the change to enjoy even more fully, whatever little time I and have left on this Earth.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Where I live in the last 6 months.

2 properties ( houses ) sold.

4 blocks of land changed hands.

And new high end villas being built.

That's what I am aware of, could be more, so things look on the up & up.

• Like 1

Where I live in the last 6 months.

2 properties ( houses ) sold.

4 blocks of land changed hands.

And new high end villas being built.

That's what I am aware of, could be more, so things look on the up & up.

Not to mention replay in Bangrak have 14 units left , so people are buying

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

WOW I thought a forgiener could only own a condo

http://woningen.tweedehands.net/te-koop-buitenland/pattaya-aria-villa-with-beach.html

this is a villa ,10 min from Pattaya -center.

4 bed ,6 bath ,privat bar, privat sand beach with palmtrees ,is for sale for 11milj bath and still nobody

is intrested.Mainly because the people find it "too far" from Pattaya.

The real estate guys take more than 30 min to find my house ,because they are not prepared or cant read a gps

So when the client gets out of that car after 30 or 45min ,he already decided not to buy even when they love the house.

The price was 15 milj ,wnt down to 11 milj and .......maybe i have to lower to 1 milj ????????

For now ,if clients arrive i ask they how long it took them to reach my house ,if more than 15 minutes,i dont let them in ,useless anny way.

So property market ,it stinks.

beatdeadhorse.gif

Well if the property market is picking up then perhaps someone knows a real estate agent that is moving properties. I want to leave and for obvious reasons would like to sell my villa. Any sensible pm's relevant to this would be greatly appreciated.

Dont look for real estate agents ,mostly ammatuers,who hire thai lady's to do the work ,so......nothing is ever done ,they cant find your house ....

Most of the real estate guys have their own projects and arn't intrested in others.

Do an e-mail to 50 real estates and maybe 5 will answer and maybe 2 will come .

Better to hang it out in Foodland ,Big C,.......

Succes !beatdeadhorse.gif

I've had my condo in Jomtien listed with about 5 RE agents and not one of them has ever given me a call.

I even offered one of them a 50,000 bonus above commission. Nothing. They are more concerned with

the new condos they are pumping. The re-sale market in Jomtien is dead. Only Russians buying and they

only want cheap, new, under-a-million-baht condos. When the economies in Europe and America come back,

we might see a return of activity. There hasn't been a falang buying a condo in my building in about 3 or 4 years.

It is only my opinion but I think the cost of a nice 3 bed/2 bath w/ more than just a driveway as a yard, is rising. I am not so sure about how quick one could sell, though. I bought mine for 1.5 and anything comparable (that I've personally seen) is advertised at 2+ now.

• Like 1

I've had my condo in Jomtien listed with about 5 RE agents and not one of them has ever given me a call.

I even offered one of them a 50,000 bonus above commission. Nothing. They are more concerned with

the new condos they are pumping. The re-sale market in Jomtien is dead. Only Russians buying and they

only want cheap, new, under-a-million-baht condos. When the economies in Europe and America come back,

we might see a return of activity. There hasn't been a falang buying a condo in my building in about 3 or 4 years.

Yes ,it's sad.

I can not understand that Jomtien is still prime location ?

Is it the dirty beach and brown water ?

All the sewerings of Pattaya,run down (as anny liquid does) or do you believe they pump the sewering shit upward to...???? a filtering station ?

They exist ,but are or not active ,broke ,but surrely unefficient !

Just look at the water quality arround Pattaya (idem Jomtien ) ,fill a clear glas an look in it .

Still it amasses me they could even sell a muddy beach in Mon Awat and put nice skyscrapers whit a blue sea "in the brochures",and sell it!

Location -lie, location-lie

beatdeadhorse.gif

OK, 10 million USD!!!

You could buy 3 X 3 bedroom villa residences at the 4 Seasons in Samui for that amount!! Each of the villas has 2 pools, so for 10 million you would have 6 swimming pools and 9 bedrooms and bathrooms all within the gated luxury of the 4 seasons resort.

How many wood ducks are there around with 10 million US?

• Like 1

OK, 10 million USD!!!

You could buy 3 X 3 bedroom villa residences at the 4 Seasons in Samui for that amount!! Each of the villas has 2 pools, so for 10 million you would have 6 swimming pools and 9 bedrooms and bathrooms all within the gated luxury of the 4 seasons resort.

How many wood ducks are there around with 10 million US?

and the management fees / charges for electric etc ??

• Like 2