Crossfit Gym Koh Samui

post-179197-0-79250300-1367370539_thumb.

Hey everyone thinking about starting a CROSSFIT GYM in Koh Samui. Just want to get peoples thoughts on this idea. Do you think Koh Samui will have enough perminent residents that will be interested in CROSSFIT to make the gym viable?

Anyone know of any good rental space in the north east corner of the island?

Could possibly share floor space with a Muay Thai Gym?

Any help/suggestions on this topic would be much appreciated.

Please share your thoughts and idea's and maybe we can get this CROSSFIT up and running.

Thanks in advance...

• 1 month later...

I have no idea what a crossfit gym is, but there are a fair few gyms on the NE end of Samui. Ones that spring to mind are

Jungle Gym (MT as well) Choengmon

World Gym Chaweng

Yato Fitness Bang Rak

and there is one on the airport road and another in Maenam. You also have a few resorts that encourage local memebership (Sala, Melati etc)

A bit of competition - but that is not always a bad thing.thumbsup.gif

Good luck

Edited by Tropicalevo

Yes there is a demand for a gym with everything

Running machines culling machines

Weights

Muay Thai gym ( need good teacher not some lazy Mickey Mouse one )

Sauna steam room and jacuzzi ( mixed )

People like to sit and chat In the saunas and woman make a good gym

I used o go to Neptune before it closed I used to be able to spend the whole day there the prices were fare because they had allot of customers

Showers need privacy

Also a Restaurant selling all health food and coffee also helps

Make the restaurant bit on the down stairs open to the public so anyone can use it and hence draw in customers for the gym

Before Neptune has downstairs restaurant and a glass crawling where people traing could see the restaurant and the people down stair can see the gym

Also buy the free hold on the building as if you want to renew the lease and u r making too much money then he renew price shall be shockingly high

• Like 1

Nothing worth using from BoPhut to Bang Por. There used to be a good one at Ban Thai but i am told there was a partner break up. One at Maenan, open air, ok for weights but thats about all as the equipment is lacking. I tried to get into a couple of hotels but had no luck. There is one between BoPhut and Chaweng opposite Tourist Police, but that is a bit "ad hoc". Anyhow, what is a CrossFit Gym ?

Well a gym that has everything also the main thing is parking no point having a massive gym for people to cone from all over with nowhere to park like allot of Busines here are just in reachable by car

Personally I don't like too much luxury in gyms like in hotels and fitness first and all that

Gyms that have aircon I think are pointless unless it us raining the whole point of training is to deal with the extreme heat

Exercising with aircon just makes u feel stronger

there are quite a few in lamui. there one i use on the corner near the gas station at the 4 wat intersection lamai beach road

Would'nt exactly call Lamai the NE.

Well it ain't far from NE as u just keep driving round the ring road a bit

Bang po would be better place more open

Well a gym that has everything also the main thing is parking no point having a massive gym for people to cone from all over with nowhere to park like allot of Busines here are just in reachable by car

Personally I don't like too much luxury in gyms like in hotels and fitness first and all that

Gyms that have aircon I think are pointless unless it us raining the whole point of training is to deal with the extreme heat

Kinda depends on your goals, if you want to build muscle or burn of fat an aircon gym is much better as you can do more and more means either more calories burned or more muscle build. If you want to learn to live in the heat then yes no aircon for you.

Crossfit is something totally different its like all kinds of grouped exercises doing them in a parkour.

Some people love it some don't

http://www.crossfit.com/

• Like 1

Kinda depends on your goals, if you want to build muscle or burn of fat an aircon gym is much better as you can do more and more means either more calories burned or more muscle build. If you want to learn to live in the heat then yes no aircon for you.

Crossfit is something totally different its like all kinds of grouped exercises doing them in a parkour.

yes you can have air con sections. probably cheaper for the owner to have smaller rooms with air con and some with out

Does this also apply to Gym's in Iceland thumbsup.gif

I would prefer to just quietly get on with my exercise without having a big black fella shouting at me . thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

'Do you think Koh Samui will have enough perminent residents that will be interested in CROSSFIT to make the gym viable?'

no, a normal gym with paid crossfit classes is the best you could get imo, or classes across several existing gyms...