Police Crack Spate Of Phuket Hotel Robberies

webfact

Police crack spate of Phuket hotel robberies
Tanyaluk Sakoot

1367403806_1.jpg
Ritdhimet's partly disguised white Mercedes Benz.

PHUKET: -- Police appear to have cracked the case of the hotel safe deposit box robber who stole the contents of room safes – and sometimes the safes themselves – from hotels in Patong, Karon and Kata over the past few months.

Yesterday (April 30) they arrested Ritdhimet Singha-ampai, 34, after he was caught on CCTV camera at a hotel in Kata.

They followed his car – a white Mercedes Benz bizarrely adorned with black stickers in an apparent attempt to disguise the vehicle.

When he stopped at Jungceylon to go shopping with his girlfriend, they moved in and arrested him.

The Provincial Superintendent of Investigations, Pol Col Wanchai Palawan, told The Phuket News, “He admitted that he had stolen safe deposit boxes from hotels in Patong and the Karon area.”

Ritdhimet is currently being questioned at Karon Police Station.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/police-crack-spate-of-phuket-hotel-robberies-39092.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2013-05-01

He admitted that he had stolen safe deposit boxes from hotels in Patong and the Karon area.

I wonder how that went?

BIB: "Excuse me sir, did you steal safe deposit boxes from hotels?"

Perp: "Yes, it was me. I admit it."

blink.png

• Like 2

Two things:

1. "bizarrely adorned with black stickers?", in the photo it looks like it was "wrapped" to cover the white paint, or even painted over.

2. Crime pays evidently for these types of safe deposit box robbers.

Might be the new craze, stealing safe boxes from Hotel rooms,, this happened on another story i read, people were getting drugged and a so-so lady would steal the safe and walk out of the Hotel with it in her bag, how bizarre no one noticed ? Is this a suttle reminder not to used the Hotel safe ? How do robbers get in and out, most Hotels have cameras and cleaning ladies on all floors ? Leaves me scratching my head ph34r.png

Might be the new craze, stealing safe boxes from Hotel rooms,, this happened on another story i read, people were getting drugged and a so-so lady would steal the safe and walk out of the Hotel with it in her bag, how bizarre no one noticed ? Is this a suttle reminder not to used the Hotel safe ? How do robbers get in and out, most Hotels have cameras and cleaning ladies on all floors ? Leaves me scratching my head ph34r.png

Easy, they are thieves!

Many years ago in the late 50's when I was an apprentice, I was told that

"Locks are only to keep honest people out!"

Locks, cameras etc, clearly don't stop thieves (oh and their friends too of course).

Ever notice how many times "the camera wasn't working" in a crime scene?

Robbers disguised as cleaning ladies!

He is Thai, has a Mercedes, hmm obviously loaded with some assets, money. My guess he will be out on the streets soon after a speedy Thai trial after paying off the proper officials.

Edited by rbrooks

Bottom line is...just like many 3rd world countries,don't ever bring in anything valuable. Leave it athome and use plastic whenever possible.

I lived there 5 years after having been on vaca many times.

Was ripped off more times than I care to remember. Anybody that tells you any different is pulling your whatever.

Thieving is a way of life for these folks and the continuous inventiveness of the crims will always beone jump ahead of the corrupt authorities.

Welcome to the jungle.

Bottom line is...just like many 3rd world countries,don't ever bring in anything valuable. Leave it athome and use plastic whenever possible.

I lived there 5 years after having been on vaca many times.

Was ripped off more times than I care to remember. Anybody that tells you any different is pulling your whatever.

Thieving is a way of life for these folks and the continuous inventiveness of the crims will always beone jump ahead of the corrupt authorities.

Welcome to the jungle.

sadly .....very true ...very adaptable ...like a savvy businessman ...always one step ahead ..