Toyota Innova

Hi

Last week I bought a new Innova. This week, after a going through a full tank of petrol, I see that the car averages 6.6 k/l

Is this average? Seems pretty poor to me.

Anyone else with an Innova experiencing the same performance?

I also notice that, at about 60km/h I'm hitting 2,000 revs. Is this normal?

In Thailand I've had a ThaiRung, Volvo, Kia and MU7 and I think that the Innova is giving me the worst performance.

Thanks

Mick

Mick

The Innova is not light and the 2.0L engine used in Thailand is not that powerful so it works pretty hard. It will use a fair bit of fuel, especially if you are not dawdling.

6.6 Km/L sounds a bit low but it depends on how you drive. Don't judge too much until the engine is run in a bit more.

2,000 rpm at 60km/h sounds like 3rd gear in the 3 speed Auto. If you have an Auto make sure the lever is moved across (sideways) to the 4th gear / overdrive position when you select drive.

Dunno about your Volvo and Kia but Innova will be worse than the MU7 and TR diesels. Pity Toyota do not sell the 2.5L diesel Innova in LOS.

Edited by Jitar

I rented one in BKK for a week and was staggered how much petrol it used - far more than my own 3 litre Vigo. Toyota Thailand should sell it with the diesel available elsewhere. Apart from being fugly it was a great car - very comfy for the whole family.

Do private people buy the Toyota Innova ? looks like they do....... the only ones I ever see are green and yellow... there are 3 on the way from my Village to the road 7 km.. guess good as village taxi's

I rented one in BKK for a week and was staggered how much petrol it used - far more than my own 3 litre Vigo. Toyota Thailand should sell it with the diesel available elsewhere. Apart from being fugly it was a great car - very comfy for the whole family.

You drive a Truck and call the O.Ps. Vehicle Fugly.cheesy.gif

The Innova is bland (even for Toyota) but effective if you want 7 seats and reasonably compact exterior dimensions. The Innova makes a good taxi but does suit some private buyers as there is not much competition in the medium MPV segment in LOS.

Innovas use a lot of petrol like any other heavy, boxy body with a small petrol engine. I would be expect the petrol version in LOS to have similar consumption to the CR-V / Escape / X-trail or around 8km/L in reasonable conditions. Just a guess so maybe bkkmick can update later.

The 2.5L diesel Innovas we have in Indonesia do around 10km/L in less than ideal driving conditions.

Edited by Jitar

The only Innova (or Kijang Innova to give it its full name) I have experienced is the diesel. One of the things I like is the separate A/C unit in the back. This of course has to be fuelled!

Wish on the other hand does not have a rear Ac unit or not the one I was in.

The only Innova (or Kijang Innova to give it its full name) I have experienced is the diesel. One of the things I like is the separate A/C unit in the back. This of course has to be fuelled!

Wish on the other hand does not have a rear Ac unit or not the one I was in.

Don't think the a/c needs fuel, it's belt driven from the crank. And it'll have hardly any noticeable effect on the fuel consumption.

#ace of pop - my Vigo is sweet ! Innova is fugly! :-) if you don't agree you should get yourself to Top Charoen for an eye test. To be fair mine has 35s and a 7 inch lift ...

Amazed you dont have a 9 inch like most truckies.cheesy.gif

Thanks Jitar

Anyway, looks aside...

The 6.6 k/l was the daily school run around Bangkok.

Just got back from a trip to Trat and beyond with 4 neighbours and the wife. 6 adults on a journey of about 800kms and when I got back the average was now 8.4 k/l

Everyone was comfortable.

Anyone know how much to install the LPG doughnut (replacing the spare tyre)?

It's not a car competition, just trying to get some facts.

Remember: someone, somewhere is driving a Bugatti and their car is better than your car!