Sending Flowers To Gf

SomSak64

I was hoping to make it back to BKK to my GFs birthday February the 27th. But now it seems obvious I will miss it by at least 1 month.

So I will have to send her something nice - maybe flowers.

Do anyone have experience with http://www.buythai.net/ or other similar firms?

I assume they are not a scam, but can I trust they do something sensible if my girlfriend is not at home (I could give them her cell phone number). Or would it be wiser to send the gift to her job (she is a waitress, and her boss seems very reasonable)?

Of course she expects me to remember her birthday but I would still prefer it to be a surprise.

Any advice appreciated.

Hi guys,

Although I am not in the flower business, My dad is a bigshot in the international flower business. ( Ok, I am dutch) I double checked with him and he gave me the following website which is actually the world most trusted website. You can order it through a website or the flowershop affiliated with Fleurop and the flowershop closest to your GF will deliver the flowers. Might be a bit more expensive, not sure if it is, however it is very reputable and you will be sure to that your GF gets the flowers and they will be of very good quality and not some shit that will die within a day.

The website is www.fleurop.com

Never use a language that the others don't understand.

Obviously , my observation in your other post , is correct.

Patronizing. :o

Please don't call me BOY!

You are in no position to talk to me like that.

What ever your father did (the hotshot) has nothing to do with you.

I will not react anymore on this style of communication.

Have a good day

When I said hotshot I was more joking then anything.

I dont know what you have against me as you seem to follow me around the Forum and try to bug me but just leave me alone. You seem like a NSB'er or something. I have done nothing wrong to you

holy shit...WW2 recriminations on a chat line in Thailand...the world is truly a small place...

with regard to sending flowers to the GF...make sure that she understands that they are flowers from Holland and were very expensive...otherwise she will say 'you are kieniow falang, send me cheap flowers from Thailand...'

if they are local orchids you could maybe attach a certificate to demonstrate that they are from an endangered species group...

hi there,

quite funny, world war 2 remarks in a forumthread regarding to sending flowers.

Sent flowers via Fleurop. Excellent service, reliable and fast (one day) delivery.

The price is in normal range for sending flowers.

If there are some problems with the destination they will call the recipient.

good service

regards

exchange1973

Thanks for all constructive replies!

It seems I have got a couple of good alternatives here.

Only one remark worries me - are flowers considered second rate birthday gifts in Thailand? Are they thought to be a cheap way out?

Here in Northern Farangland flowers are a somewhat extravagant luxury, and certainly appreciated by most girls. But I could understand if Thais don't appreciate them as flowers naturally are rather abundant in LOS.

Maybe something in gold would be a wiser investment? 3000baht in flowers last a week tops, while 6000bahts in gold last a lot longer - and I suppose I could have a friend pick something in Chinatown and deliver it for me.

My main concern is that I wouldn't like to spoil her - my GF is a smart and hard-working girl - but she still seems to have no understanding of money's worth or the concept of saving. :o

After all I consider marrying her in a not too distant future!

Any opinions?

Flowers are okay but they do appreciate gifts of cash too. If you had a remittance agent in your country you could send her some. The agency sends the money to her bank account.

You would need her nak account number, bank name, bank branch and her home address.

Send her a message that you have sent her money and to but something nice for herself for her birthday, she will appreciate that.

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday I ordered A nice bouquet of roses from www.flowers2thailand.com

You have to fill out the form on the website and register when you first order.

I think the organisation is working fine, They confirmed my order by Email,

Called my GF when she was not home on the delivery moment and they arranged

a new time of delivery with her.

After delivery they did sind a confirmation of that by email again.....

The roses were of good quality, good arangement and delivered same day !!

Price was 1020 baht incl. everything, they can translate your giftcard into Thai

for free.....

Creditcards accepted: Visa and Mastercard

besides floral arangements you will also find, Perfume, Photoframes (Nice you can send a frame with your own pics, you can send to them by email) Teddybears etc. etc.

Best regards,

Rien

Somsak 64, women all over the world are different. I can tell you however that many middle class working Thai women swoon over the prospect of getting flowers.

When I sent my then girlfriend now wife a bouqet of roses for the first time I thought she was gonna die! She was so happy and surprised. Of course later when she found out how much they cost me to send she wanted to punch me. "I can get the same thing for cheap honey!"

Didn't change how she felt though. She absolutely loved it.

I really don't understand the whole "thai women like different things" stuff that floats areound here. I have many Thai women friends (all middle class, not bar workers) and they all like the same stuff as women in the USA.

As for my wife, she loves shoes and purses, but most women do. And yes, she does love mobile phones, but then so do I!

She doesn't like gold and we frequently laugh at all the gawdy gold shops in MBK and Chinatown.

In light of the expense of wires, etc. I have in the past have found that wiring flowers has been very expensive. Now with e-mail, I just don't know.

I do know that my neighbor, 17 years in Thailand and alot of experience with Thai women and one who works in the oil business in rotation with his monthly stays with his live-in girlfriend, called me on the phone and asked be to pick up a nice boquet of flowers and deliver it to his sweetheart accross the street, which I was happy to do.

It was the night before Valentine's day so time may have been a factor. I got a great looking, massive one at the flower market near the U.S. Consulate for 220 Baht after negotiations by my Thai. Interestingly enough, while the transaction was "going down" a Thai speaking farang attempted to help the process. as he probably didn't notice. by my body language. that I was with a Thai.

After a great deal of smiling and Thai language bartering, the farang was very pleased with obtaining a "great deal" for me of 230 Baht for the same boquet.

T.I.T.