Where Can I Buy Fresh Lamb Meat In Pattaya?

Maria23

Hi there,

Can any of you advice me or recommend me a place where I can buy fresh lamb meat in Pattaya? I would prefer fresh instead of buying it frozen from Makro.

Thanks a lot!

Maria

i would think that any lamb sold here in Thailand would have been shipped frozen

I think so too, but I was hoping that maybe I can find a butchery which is selling fresh meat.

i would think that any lamb sold here in Thailand would have been shipped frozen

I think so too, but I was hoping that maybe I can find a butchery which is selling fresh meat.

they do have chilled vac packed lamb in macro but as i said it would have been shipped frozen

they do have chilled vac packed lamb in macro but as i said it would have been shipped frozen

I believe so! Then I lost all my hopes to find fresh meat, and I shall use the frozen one :( Not happy but seems I have no choice! Thanks for your feedback to my topic. smile.png

They used to have fresh local lamb at carrefour. Whether or not big C still has it I'm not sure. Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

how does thai lamb compare to import NZ or AUS

They used to have fresh local lamb at carrefour. Whether or not big C still has it I'm not sure. Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

how does thai lamb compare to import NZ or AUS

Never try to compare any sheep meat with NZ-------------------------------------------------------- Dougal the Kiwi

If the lamb is vacuum packed and chilled at makro, then i would doubt that it has been frozen already. if it had been frozen, then thawed it would turn black within a day, and also it would not stay vacuum sealed, the packacking would be full of air.

I bought Australian Lamb from Foodland, but way too expensive. Now I buy a slab of Sirloin and cut it into steaks for the BBQ. Works out about 200 baht per steak.

You can buy frozen NZ boneless leg of lamb (and shoulder) for the same price as the AA tenderloin Thai beef. That's an amazing deal considering how far it has to travel.

Have to have live sheep to have fresh lamb and Thailand does not have sheeps

You are so wrong there, there is quite often hundreds of them roaming about in a field near the sports stadium on Chaiyapruek 2, stop and ask the people looking after them where they butcher them.