Grumpy Expat Car Drivers From Hell

manarak

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a "good news, bad news" post from one of your grumpy old men.

First the bad news.

my eye sight is slowly fading and my reactions aren't quite as good as they have been in the past.

The good news?

I just renewed my driver's license and it is good until my 80th birthday and I'll be coming to Pattaya soon.

You'll be all right in Pattaya; the standard of driving is higher there because of the high proportion of farang; their good habits have rubbed off on the local Thai population, whom you will find, disciplined, courteous and cautious.

SC

First the bad news.

my eye sight is slowly fading and my reactions aren't quite as good as they have been in the past.

The good news?

I just renewed my driver's license and it is good until my 80th birthday and I'll be coming to Pattaya soon.

Silly old bugger.

You don't need a licence here.

First the bad news.

The good news?

be carefull please wai.gif my good news is i will not be in pattaya anyway maybey by the time i reach the magic 70 and celebrate my 1/2 life past party , there

First the bad news.

The good news?

Silly old bugger.

You don't need a licence here.

maybe for your pet fish ?

Sounds like a typical Driver from the UK,getting on in years,

Can't hear, can't see,properly, gout,inhibits good foot control,arthritic, so body movement,is restricted.

They wish is to impede all other road user at all cost.

Normal driving position is leaning forward,peering over the steering wheel.

Avoid at all costs.

Far more deadly than the worst Thai driver.

As an ex London motorcycle courier I couldn't agree with you more, I reckon he's a retired London driver bringing his homicidal habits with him.

Since the car was relatively far from the left side, I began passing it there.

The driver swerved to the left.

Then I tried passing it on the right - he swerved to the right so much that I was blocked by oncoming traffic.

I retried on the left, and you guessed it - he swerved to the left.

Haha, traffic-trolling.

Always brightens up a dull drive.

Sounds like a typical Driver from the UK,getting on in years,

Can't hear, can't see,properly, gout,inhibits good foot control,arthritic, so body movement,is restricted.

They wish is to impede all other road user at all cost.

Normal driving position is leaning forward,peering over the steering wheel.

Avoid at all costs.

Far more deadly than the worst Thai driver.

And they're always saying they've never had an accident

(caused accidents, but never actually been in one...)

good on him but only what the gap closing is concerned. Now you can start ranting again.

I don't understand your post?

I think he means that it is good to close up the gap to prevent m'bikes from weaving through the stopped cars.

I like to do that to prevent cars trying to enter the line having illegally driven up the left side of the stopped cars.

• Like 1

Lane checking is illegal, learn the road rules.

I searched through the first 3 pages of google for "lane checking" without result.

But I guess you either mean lane splitting or undertaking, and you also endorse the car driver's actions.

GECD +1

Edited by manarak

I searched through the first 3 pages of google for "lane checking" without result.

But I guess you either mean lane splitting or undertaking, and you also endorse the car driver's actions.

GECD +1

i think he meant going all over the road desperately trying to pass a vehicle in front

GECD +1

Checking is a synonymy of blocking, so you can infer he means intentionally impeding traffic via changing lanes...

Or you can make snarky comments about your inability to use google :)

Here in Phuket we have a society of grumpy old men where we can publicly air our grievances such as those posted here on TV http://phuketgoms.org We also tell a few yarns over a beer or three & raise money to help those less fortunate than ourselves which also makes a good excuse for a night out with the boys. It would be good to see a Pattaya &/or Bangkok GOMs society emerge.

• Like 1

Here in Phuket we have a society of grumpy old men where we can publicly air our grievances such as those posted here on TV http://phuketgoms.org We also tell a few yarns over a beer or three & raise money to help those less fortunate than ourselves which also makes a good excuse for a night out with the boys. It would be good to see a Pattaya &/or Bangkok GOMs society emerge.

for a bunch of grumpy old men you do alot of smiling thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifclap2.gif but a good cause ,, keep up the grumpyness may be one day when i'm "old" i will join . CHEERS PROOST etc.