Duty Question

damo

Hi Everyone,

I will be entering Thailand mid June from China with a lot of clothing for myself and my wife and kids, I don't expect to get hit with any duties on clothing but I will also be entering with a 2-3 tablet computers and 2-3 High end mobile /cell phones and a handfull of other electronic goodies, tv sticks, etc.

In total I will have a lot of luggage and am expecting to maybe attract attention and possibly being questioned by customs. In the event this does happen, what could potentially happen arriving with heaps of electronics?

Arriving in Don Muang airport.

They can slap you with import duties. Normally a few things is no problem, but everything 3 fold will probably raise questions. Mobile phones will not be looked at, everybody has mobile nowadays. So unless you have more phones than family members traveling with you that won't be a problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Why worry? Who ever travels should be aware of the host countries regulations. Usually, if you are truthful and your baggage is 'reasonable' nothing to worry.

e.g. would a single person need 3 - 10 laptops/mobile phones/TV's/refrigerators as 'personnel' effects?