Chiang Mai: Sexual Assault Charges Dropped Against Two 19-Year-Old Danes

webfact

Is the Dutch drunk in jail now for her false declaraton ? Cuz that's a serious crime in Thai. ..

Why do you assume it was a false declaration? It seems the case was dropped due to lack of evidence. Doesn't mean she was lying.

Declarations of the 'victim' are not in line with the surveillance camera images of the guest house.

Even so, the personnel of the guesthouse gives a complete different corroborative story/version of the facts.

There is always a thin red line between each one night stand and rape...

and this means a lot when one person expects a breakfast on bed while the other person goes rafting...

Combination of high alcohol levels in your blood with sexual assault charges is not really evident.

Let's not forget that he's 19 and she's 23 years old...

Edited by Thorgal
  • Like 1

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish this would happen to me ... no more visa runs

Hey Fraksken, so you are wishing this could happen to you ?? You keen on getting raped by two young Dane men ??? 555. Oh soory, it was the forced stay in thailand you wanted 555

Is the Dutch drunk in jail now for her false declaraton ? Cuz that's a serious crime in Thai. ..

They did not say it did not happen,insufficient evidence,ok.

Yeah. That is what I am thinking. Rape is difficult to prove and a lot of bad guys get away with it. Nobody posting in this forum knows the truth but I would not be so quick to indict the lady.

I was following this story.

She says 3 guys, video shows 2 guys and a Chinese girl.

She said she woke up and left in the morning, video and staff show her leaving at 1am.

I understand rape is difficult to prove when one Vs one, but in this case none of the evidence or witness supported the rape story.

• Like 1

They did not say it did not happen,insufficient evidence,ok.

Yeah. That is what I am thinking. Rape is difficult to prove and a lot of bad guys get away with it. Nobody posting in this forum knows the truth but I would not be so quick to indict the lady.

I was following this story.

She says 3 guys, video shows 2 guys and a Chinese girl.

She said she woke up and left in the morning, video and staff show her leaving at 1am.

I understand rape is difficult to prove when one Vs one, but in this case none of the evidence or witness supported the rape story.

In fact there is more defence evidence than that.

It looks very much like she concocted the story ( out of spite or whatever reason ) and the having made these extremely damaging allegations quickly fled the country.

It is her that should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law for her false and mischievous allegations.

You mean telling lies? If that were the case there would 50 mil inmates by the end of the day.
Making a false police report!

What a nightmare. Glad it's over for these young guys. Unfortunately an accusation is all that is needed for some cloud of doubt to hang over them. Very unfair.

Exactly -- she goes home but their reputations are trashed here and back home. They should bar that woman from entering Thailand again. What would be even better is if the two guys filed a defamation suit against her here. Sure, it won't affect her if she doesn't come back but at least it will allow for some type of face-saving for them and public shaming of her.

Jesus why do you people take sides she is a liar they are bastards, you know nothing about this case thats all of you out there, how do you know these guys did not do it, how do you know she didnt strip off and pay them to bang her, you dont know ??? get it.

• Like 1

i guess that are another 2 tourists that will never come back and spread the word in the local media if they are innocent

Spread the word about what? A Crazy Dane girl? The police did the same thing that the police would do in any other country.

These guyes were accused of rape, this was not something the police made up. I'm sure they have no issues with the police as the

ploice were doing their job. Also, things could not have been that bad for them they were released on bail. So what is the word they will spread

in the local media that will be damning to Thailand?

Reading some of these posts on here and the conclusions reached based on media reports alone just amaze me. Hats off to those who are not so easily fooled.

i guess that are another 2 tourists that will never come back and spread the word in the local media if they are innocent

Spread the word about what? A Crazy Dane girl? The police did the same thing that the police would do in any other country.

These guyes were accused of rape, this was not something the police made up. I'm sure they have no issues with the police as the

ploice were doing their job. Also, things could not have been that bad for them they were released on bail. So what is the word they will spread

The girl is Dutch from Holland not Danish from Denmark. The two accused were from Denmark and therefore Danes.

See how easy it is to get the facts wrong.

has the smell of money. Dutdch girl had no chance.

I'm not so sure of that. I tend to think that the girl is not willing to follow through with her allegations. Who knows I may be wrong and we may soon hear of Dutch interview with the girl. I doubt that the thai authorities would want another international media fest involving tourists as they have had enough over the last 12 months (Evil man from Krabi etc)

I will go with my feeling the girl has backed down for reasons unknown..

Edited by chooka

I'm not so sure of that. I tend to think that the girl is not willing to follow through with her allegations. Who knows I may be wrong and we may soon hear of Dutch interview with the girl. I doubt that the thai authorities would want another international media fest involving tourists as they have had enough over the last 12 months (Evil man from Krabi etc)

No, not just backed down: she was found to have given a *false statement to police*. Which caused an incredible amount of grief to the two Danish guys who have thankfully been released in what was still far too much time.

Her statement *did not match* anything else: not the video surveillance cams, not guesthouse staff witnesses. As I wasn't there I won't speculate on what did happen, and to what degree exactly the girl was making things up or why, but we do know what did NOT happen, and that is rape as alleged by the Dutch girl.

BTW, the Danes might have a civil case against the girl in a Dutch or Danish court.

• Like 1

Who says they are innocent. All I read was not enough evidence was found. They may rape your lady next time and get away with it again.

No, not just backed down: she was found to have given a *false statement to police*. Which caused an incredible amount of grief to the two Danish guys who have thankfully been released in what was still far too much time.

Her statement *did not match* anything else: not the video surveillance cams, not guesthouse staff witnesses. As I wasn't there I won't speculate on what did happen, and to what degree exactly the girl was making things up or why, but we do know what did NOT happen, and that is rape as alleged by the Dutch girl.

BTW, the Danes might have a civil case against the girl in a Dutch or Danish court.

Fair enough, I wasn't aware of those details

The girl is Dutch from Holland not Danish from Denmark. The two accused were from Denmark and therefore Danes.

See how easy it is to get the facts wrong.

You are missing the point, does not matter where she is from. The poster was eluding that the boys are going to give Thailand a bad Rep when they get home and maybe never come back. I was stating the police did what any other police would do. That this was not a scam to anything to do with trying to get a bribe. so why would the boys go back and complain about Thailand or the police. If they blame anyone (if innocent) then it would be towards the girl, not Thailand nor the police!