Bodhi Zen - New Vegetarian Restaurant In The Old City.

bucklt

On Ratchawithi Road - about 1/2 way between the moat and UN Irish Pub.

They have a travel agents on the ground floor and a new vegetarian restaurant on the first floor.

I think they open c11am to 10pm?

Well worth a visit - and bring your camera!

Tony wai2.gif

So... directions.................... whistling.gif

Would that be on the Southern side or the Northern side of Ratwithee Road?

And for Americans, I assume that wouldn't be the first floor but be the second floor, is that correct?

Could it be this building? http://goo.gl/maps/dRJXM

Please confirm.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai
  • Like 2

And for Americans, I assume that wouldn't be the first floor but be the second floor, is that correct?

Please confirm.

Yes that's the building. Just took my lunch there, not bad. Until end of june they give a flyer for 20% discount.

It has some pretentions, the setting looks good. The chef is falang. The quality was good, the dishes have spacious choise.

I had a dish with noodles, mushrooms and vegetables which was tasty, just enough spicy for me which means not overdone and the fresh taste, you can add spicy if you want.

Unfortunatly the protein is just tofu egg and mushrooms. I asked for tempeh but that seems difficult here. Prices go from 70 - 120 baht a dish.

Smoothies and juices 50 - 55 baht, little ice. They also have the equipment for buffet but that will be later on the menu. I spend 119 baht for a dish and a smoothy.

I do like it but I was the only costumer at 12 o'clock. i would say, give it a try.

Edited by Joop50
  • Like 1

I tried it today and was impressed. The food is very good quality with a real Vietnamese influence and the atmosphere reminds me of a Zen temple in Japan. I thought it was a mistake putting it on the second floor (first to Brits), but now I understand why they did it and is very pleasant. They have one German chef and a couple of Vietnamese and Thai ones as well and it closes from 3:30 to 5:30 in the afternoon.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the website: http://bodhizencuisine.com

The wife and I went last night. The (presumed) owner, a slightly stocky Indian man, was in competition for "the most solicitous, courteous, and professional maître d' in Thailand" award. He is obviously trying very hard to make a go of this new place, and the first thing he asked was if we had a 20%-off coupon, then gave us said coupons, and finally told us to just bring them next time and gave us the discount regardless. Our food was tasty and the brown rice was ample. Nice upstairs porch, and the music loop evoked a gentle "fish spa." The decor is earnestly Asian. We need as many vegetarian restaurants in town as we can get, especially places that stay open at night. We will return, in large part due to the good service.

Please confirm.

Yes that's the building. Just took my lunch there, not bad. Until end of june they give a flyer for 20% discount.

It has some pretentions, the setting looks good. The chef is falang. The quality was good, the dishes have spacious choise.

I had a dish with noodles, mushrooms and vegetables which was tasty, just enough spicy for me which means not overdone and the fresh taste, you can add spicy if you want.

Unfortunatly the protein is just tofu egg and mushrooms. I asked for tempeh but that seems difficult here. Prices go from 70 - 120 baht a dish.

Smoothies and juices 50 - 55 baht, little ice. They also have the equipment for buffet but that will be later on the menu. I spend 119 baht for a dish and a smoothy.

I do like it but I was the only costumer at 12 o'clock. i would say, give it a try.

Sounds good, thanks for the tip bukit. There's a veg rest. on the moat near Taipai Gate that serves tempe. They have it made for them and I buy it to take home, ordering in advance if I need a bunch, freezes pretty good, sorry forgot name but if someone has a guess I'll recognize it.

• 2 weeks later...