Pattaya “Mafia” Assaults Security Officer At Pattaya Port

Rimmer

well, i don't know what all the fuss is about. it is their country and there is a criminal element in every country, even if it is called mafia, mob, syndicate, cartel or what not. this vid has nothing to do with the russian, they are not stupid enough to do anything in public, as to pattaya being run by the russian mob, far from it....yes they run some bars, so what. id we are going to go on about anything organised, how about the rooms? controlled by whom? if u don't know the answer, then you don't know what ur talking about.

They have bought out most of the foreign bars or told the foreiners to get out or die, haveing spoken to a number of foreiners who previously ran bars in Pataya take the good offer now or get out with your life. I guess I should have not taught them Intenational Trade in Moscow in 1993 at the

Academy of Economy I still have my certificate of appreciation from my University in Canada for a job well done. My camera is not working or I would show u the certificate.

Edited by Colabamumbai

I still have my certificate of appreciation from my University in Canada for a job well done. My camera is not working or I would show u the certificate.

Don't worry too much about it.

What is the Academy of Economy? I'm blinded with an array of international awards.

• Like 1

i have been reading this forum for over two years now and i have to say it, if you don't like the way things are done in thailand, leave, go back to your cold countries with your overweight women. you all came here for sun sea and hot young women, yet you seem to think that your constant complaints about how this country is run will make a shods difference to anything.

this is a developing country, in very country we all come from, we developed from societies which were just as bad if not worse. This country will develop and as with every country in asia, in 50 years, will surpass our so called developed countries. stop thai bashing and accept

Not sure what your problem is with this post or forum.

There are plenty of fat women here now, only difference is that here they sweat more...particularly about now...phew it is hot!

This thread is bashing the bullying and inappropriate treatment of a security man....and highlighting such actions will help the country develop more quickly. Pattaya Police are much improved over the years, and I hope they one day have the power and inclination to challenge the big-man mafia type element.

• Like 1

i have been reading this forum for over two years now and i have to say it, if you don't like the way things are done in thailand, leave, go back to your cold countries with your overweight women. you all came here for sun sea and hot young women, yet you seem to think that your constant complaints about how this country is run will make a shods difference to anything.

this is a developing country, in very country we all come from, we developed from societies which were just as bad if not worse. This country will develop and as with every country in asia, in 50 years, will surpass our so called developed countries. stop thai bashing and accept

Very interesting that you seem to condone the outright scamming, terrorizing and assault on unwary tourists by the jet ski gangs. All while the powers that be turn a blind eye. Developing country or not, these scams have been going on for years. The fact that nothing has been done about them only re-enforces the view that Thailand is more or less a lawless nation where baht is number one, irregardless of how you get it. Naive tourists make easy targets.

Congratulations on assimilating so well into Thai society.

According to whoever put this up it's got something to do with some politician smuggling heroin which is perfectly possible

It could of course be the guy who kept pointing at his car had it clamped and decided to SMACK the guy (excuse the pun)

Certainly never seen a dead fish wrapped in newspaper or a horses head floating about.

Seems pretty easy to gain the name Mafia these days just push someone around in Pattaya or speak with a Eastern European accent and your there

Carlo Gambino must be thinking let me out of this box and I'll show them Mafia

Edited by Tanlic

Thai Police & Thai Gov need to kick the Russian Mafia out of Thailand before the tourist destinations become Completely controlled by them. People are already staying out of certain bars & areas where Russians are know to control.

Am I missing something in the article? Where is it stated that it had anything to do with the Russian? Not supporting the Russian by asking?

The Thai police and the Thai Gov,.. is part of the Mafia, one doesn't have to look very far from City Hall in Pattaya to find the Mafia, you might want to start with the Mayor family for starts.

To be fair to bri1guy, I thought that was a reasonable assumption to come to.

At first I thought it was Khun Somchai Grebenshchikov as well, but on closer inspection I don't think he has a lazy right eye. Of course the video isn't that good, and he appears to have shaved his beard off....................wink.png

tongue.png

The entire nation fears the Pattaya mafia. That includes the Army and Bangkok police. Intimidation works when it's allowed. Of course the Army and Bangkok police may be part of the Pattaya Mafia. It's so confusing.

I still have my certificate of appreciation from my University in Canada for a job well done. My camera is not working or I would show u the certificate.

Don't worry too much about it.

What is the Academy of Economy? I'm blinded with an array of international awards.

cheesy.gif i bet that "Certificate of appreciation" is hanging high in the lounge room for all to see!!

cheesy.gif Not sure wooloomooloo what the "Academy of Economy" is either, but its sounds awesome!!! cheesy.gif

• Like 1

Observing the Video it appears a guy is p####d of that his car has been 'clamped' & takes it out on the Security Officer who doesn't have the gumption to fight back.

This translates into a 'Mafia' story.????????????

There is no doubt there are people here that are 'untouchable' like most Countries but to stretch it into a Total Thai 'Mafia' incident seems a bit much to me .

Just an opinion

I was down that way today and I can see what's happening. Previously, all the boats parked along the seafront road were launching from the slipway opposite the sea rescue, but within the last week that slip has been blocked off. That means that the tractors taking boats from near the sea rescue place will be coming around to use the slip near the pier. No doubt the operators already using this slip won't be happy about all the extra traffic. Also, you can be sure that the tractors will completely ignore the one way traffic system, which is already heavily used by tour buses, and that is probably what the security guy was taking pictures of.

The new marina seems to be more or less complete. Anyone know when it will come into use? Same question about the multi storey car park.

I you can't contribute anything to a topic which is Pattaya-related, be silent. Pattaya expats can do without a smart ass from Bangkok patronizing us.