How Much Do Thai's Earn In Say Singapore

Prakanong2005

When I was living in Thailand one of our houseboys once wanted to borrow 75K THB to pay and agent to get him a job in construction in Singapore I think it was.

Its a bit blurry now but I am sure he mentioned a figure of 50k per month he would earn (I really am not sure though) and his outgoings would be for as dorm type place to live and his food.

Does anybody know the typical earnings Thais get in Singapore mainly but also Taiwan or Japan when they go overseas to work in say construction but more especially production line work in say a factory etc?

I've heard that in Korea, overseas blue collar workers make from 20K to 60K Baht per month, with 40K to 50K being the norm. These are typically factory jobs and many require long working hours/work weeks, though it varies from factoy to factory. Some workers work 10 to 12 hours per day, 7 days a week, with only 1 day off per month but those jobs usually pay towards the upper end of the range. This is just what I've heard from talking to a few workers here in Korea, but I don't know any details other than what these people have told me.

For Japan, I think the daily wage for construction site works starts from anywhere around 7,000 yen (approx. 2,300 Baht) + Bento lunch or dinner and OT (if any) and can exceed more than 10,000 yen/day depending on the type of work and employment contract. But as a Thai citizen, I doubt if you can get a employment visa for Japan in the first place even with a help of employment agency. It appears certain types of visa are not available for Thai citizens and I don't think you can legally work in Japan as a Thai citizen except as a skilled worker sponsored by a company (not broker) unless you are already in Japan on dependent visa or something.

Thanks for the input

I might be moving to Singapore on my next job (not 100%) yet and I was just thinking of something for my wife to do if the money was right (factory at the minimum not constructionn - lol).

She wants to build a house on the land she owns and when she thought we were going to the UK it would have been sooner rather than later to build

With the long hours though I think its out of the question as I will be working longer hours than I do in Europe with a lot less holidays.

The company I am going to asked about her education for a position as a project assistant but she only has high school diploma or whatever they getand not a degree so that is out of the question.

Thanks for the input

I might be moving to Singapore on my next job (not 100%) yet and I was just thinking of something for my wife to do if the money was right (factory at the minimum not constructionn - lol).

She wants to build a house on the land she owns and when she thought we were going to the UK it would have been sooner rather than later to build

With the long hours though I think its out of the question as I will be working longer hours than I do in Europe with a lot less holidays.

The company I am going to asked about her education for a position as a project assistant but she only has high school diploma or whatever they getand not a degree so that is out of the question.

I doubt she will be able command a high salary job with her qualification in Singapore. Singapore has been importing foreign talent for the past few years, especially high qualified Indian and mainland Chinese that fight to get a job with lower pay packet, this in effect taking up the job of the local university graduates.

Thanks for the input

I doubt she will be able command a high salary job with her qualification in Singapore. Singapore has been importing foreign talent for the past few years, especially high qualified Indian and mainland Chinese that fight to get a job with lower pay packet, this in effect taking up the job of the local university graduates.

She might be able to get a job in one of the Thai businesses in Golden Mile on Beach Road - money wiring services, restaurants, etc. Without a qualification it would be difficult for her to get a work permit on her own, but if she accompanies you on a Dependant's Pass, then applies to the work permit office, she can probably get a letter authorising her to work part time.

My wife worked in a Brunei garment factory for two and a half years. She earned about 11,000 baht per month. The company had dormitory type living quarters and they also furnished food. She was able to save nearly every baht but she was VERY happy to come back to Thailand. She said they couldn't go out anywhere because it was VERY expensive. She thinks it was like being in the monkey house (jail) and she absolutely hated it. She was able to build a house here in Loei province with the money she earned.