Skin Whiteners - Really Does Work!

Gsxrnz

A friend commented last week that I was looking really tired - ok, had a long night and not much sleep, so what. Next day the missus comments that I look really tired, so did two of the girls at the pub we go too. Looked in the mirror the next morning and yep, I sure did look tired, bags around the eyes, real panda bear look.

Then I clicked. I'd run out of the face wash stuff from NZ and had bought a local product that had skin whitener included. I don't use it around the eyes and as I have a tan from golfing etc, the whitening product had obviously lightened my skin enough for the skin around the eyes to appear darker. My face didn't look any whiter to me as such, but the difference in colour around the eyes means that there was obviously a noticeable difference. Stopped using it and it took two days of shaves/showers to revert to my normal hansum man colour.

So.....It really does work. or for all you Aussie and Kiwis...."It really does get in Mrs. Marsh!"

It does work, as many of the products actually contain bleaching chemicals.

However, an hour in the sun and many hours with usage of the products (and the economical costs) has been useless.

A lot of girls in Bangkok say that the water there makes their skin whiter too compared to the rest of Thailand. I have noticed it when girls i know move to/from there and they do get lighter/darker.

The issue is not if its works or not as a whitener, but what else it does to you.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-susan-taylor/the-continued-dangers-of-_b_1371524.html

No, the issue is actually if it works or not.

It works, and that is the most important for the users.

Just as the delight of having a cigarette.

Is it dangerous? That is an entirely different issue.

wink.png

A lot of girls in Bangkok say that the water there makes their skin whiter too compared to the rest of Thailand. I have noticed it when girls i know move to/from there and they do get lighter/darker.

The girls go home regularly to their provinces to help out.

They are exposed to more sun, since they must normally take part in outdoor labor.

A few hours in the sun and they are nice and tan again.

Like many other ladies in Thailand my wife spends a lot of money on skin whitening products even though I try to explain it is so stupid because the actual skin pigment will never change.The new skin grows will be the same as before, all she is doing is bleaching the top layer of her skin. Not surprisingly this falls on deaf ears.

Now in the family have a lady with a lighter skin face than the rest of her body and a farang with a lighter tone skin on his upper thighs and backside than the rest of his body!! Jokingly I must admit, the wife has asked if I can take the skin from my a55 and put on her face!! What a thought!!

I just can't seem to understand the logic of humans. Westerners go on holiday to get a nice tan. People from Asia who have a nice tan want to be white!!

The issue is not if its works or not as a whitener, but what else it does to you.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-susan-taylor/the-continued-dangers-of-_b_1371524.html

wink.png

Putting your life at risk to get temporally patchy white and look like Mickael Jackson is not an issue ?

Wow, just wow.

wink.png

Putting your life at risk to get temporally patchy white and look like Mickael Jackson is not an issue ?

Wow, just wow.

Not in this thread it is.

smile.png

But you are correct, it is bad stuff.