Android Firmware Upgrade From 2.2 To 2.3.4 (Usb Host Api)

mixed

Is it possible to upgrade my Samsung GT-P1000T for 2.2 to 2.3.4 (or 2.3.5)? I purchased an application that said it was compatible, but once installed it won't run and is telling me the device is not compatible with Andriod's USB host APi.

Can anyone offer a solution?

Thanks in advance.

Maybe just download the firmware and flash with ODIN?

I think P1000TDXJP7 is 2.3.6?

Thanks, I'm not sure the 2.3.6 will work (some people are complaining the app doesn't work with newer versions), is it possible to find 2.3.4 or 2.3.5?

The app is DSLR Controller, according to Andriod Store it was compatible with the device, but it's not working, the app suggest a firmware upgrade MAY make it compatible. Searching I found others who'd had problems and were advised to us 2.3.4 (or 2.3.5). Thanks.

Is your Samsung GT-P1000T rooted?

http://dslrcontroller.com/about.php

Requirements
An Android device with an ARMv7-A or newer CPU architecture (virtually all 1ghz+ devices)
Not rooted: Android 3.1 or higher with USB host kernel+API support
Rooted: Android 2.3.1 or higher with USB host kernel support
Supported Canon EOS DSLR
The correct USB adapter, if applicable
Not sure your device is supported?
Probably a USB OTG issue?

^I looked at similar apps, but the message in store came up saying my device was incompatible. Then when I clicked on this, the message said it was compatible.

Part of the error message I am getting is 'your android device is not compatible with Andriod's USB host APO. A newer firmware MAY fix the problem"

Then when googling I came across others who said the app wouldn't work and they were advised to upgrade to 2.3.4 (or 2.3.5).

I've updated the firmware and am still getting the message:

"your android device is not compatible with Andriod's USB host APO"

Does anyone have any suggestions for either getting this app to work or an app that would allow my Samsung Andriod GT-P1000T to be used as a monitor for video with my Canon 650D.