New Vs Used Honda Jazz

I am sure many here have been surprised at how some cars do not depreciate all that much here. My gf and I have decided to buy a Honda Jazz (we have a 10yo Toyota truck and motorbikes). I was thinking there are so many used cars coming onto the market from the Government "~100,000B new car incentive" I expected it would be a buyers market for approx 5yo cars.

I do not see this happening (yet?). A low mileage one owner 5yo Jazz is only about 140,000B below new???

I may end up going new just because the price of a used Jazz in top condition is so high.

Just looking for input.

thanks

Doug

Completely agree ... Have only bought new since being here

In addition to the cost issue mentioned below, also would not trust 2nd hand car dealers

Even in the west with Lemon Laws and other protections, it can still be risky buying 2nd hand... Here in Thailand I wouldn't even consider it...

Many TV members may disagree with me, but guess they may have some mechanical aptitude to protect themselves from getting a lemon.

To be honest, I am not a mechanic (can't even change the oil on my own), so I believe best to always by new to avoid any problems

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

• Like 1

I own a 2009 Jazz new model.

Good solid car, no problems altho the view forward is limiting, I and no one else can see Nose beyond the windscreen wipers.

When I was investigating if to buy second hand motor prior to buying my Jazz my Thai friends laughed and said buy in BKK for local dealers will rob you.

john

I bought new jazz couple months ago. Very happy with the car. Understand the poster talking bout not seeing the front nose end of car...it kind of sucks. However for me the space inside especially with rear seats down is more impressive for my needs. Great car and also believe the older models rarely make sense compared to new here in Thailand.

if you have a friend or could read thai, check out the local web forums for private sellers instead. the prices had dropped alittle although its still make sense to go for a new one

there are 2 older 04 dsi at thaiscooter selling for 290k

Used car values are high in LOS but some particular models like the Jazz and Fortuner are just plain ridiculous. Both are good vehicles but just too popular for use car value.

Only buy a used one if swapping again quickly, otherwise buy them new or choose a better value alternative.

Edited by Jitar

Used car values are high in LOS but some particular models like the Jazz and Fortuner are just plain ridiculous. Both are good vehicles but just too popular for use car value.

Only buy a used one if swapping again quickly, otherwise buy them new or choose a better value alternative.

Agreed.

And if you go back and look at how much they cost when new, the actual depreciation is less than just comparing current prices...

We just bought a new Jazz from the dealer north of CM on Hwy 107 to Mae Rim, a few km past the superhighway on the RH side. This plaza contains: Honda bikes and cars, Toyota dealership, and a large appliance centre. Toyota has the largest visible sign for anyone going there for the first time.

In the past few years we have purchased many items here: 2 Honda motorbikes, many various appliances large and small, and now a new Honda Jazz. Our experience with the service from all stores in the plaza both when buying and after purchase service has been excellent every time. Makes me think it is all is owned by one person who cares about honesty and trains his/her staff accordingly. Highly recommended. (No experience with Toyota tho, just Honda and appliances).

Thanks for all your imput, pretty confident that new is the way to go when buying a Jazz. Couple experiences we had when considering a used vehicle were not great. I think we could have got screwed a bit in the used car market and not been happy campers down the road.

Doug