Water Conference - What Disruption Will There Be?

iainiain101

":All schools are to be closed from Tuesday 14th to Monday 20th to ease morning traffic congestion"

Is this some kind of freaking joke?

If it's true, then all you Thailand defenders "wake up & smell the coffee". You are living in the third world

• Like 2

When I was at a free concert a month or so ago, a Thai government official there announced what he referred to as inside information that President Obama will be attending the conference. I have no idea if this is true or not. I can't imagine why someone from the Thai government would say something like this if not true. If it is true, then can you imagine the security, traffic congestion, and road blocks?

":All schools are to be closed from Tuesday 14th to Monday 20th to ease morning traffic congestion"

If it's true, then all you Thailand defenders "wake up & smell the coffee". You are living in the third world

Um, I like living in the third world. Most of the reasons why I'm in Thailand are directly or indirectly related to it being third world (for lack of a better term).

• Like 2

All schools are to be closed from Tuesday 14th to Monday 20th to ease morning traffic congestion. I imagine little else will change.

Does this include International schools, or is it just Thai schools?

Does not include International Schools...

All schools are to be closed from Tuesday 14th to Monday 20th to ease morning traffic congestion. I imagine little else will change.

Does this include International schools, or is it just Thai schools?

International Schools are probably in exam time, so probably open.

I should change my wording, schools have been told to close. That doesn't mean they are all (fully) closing.

Um, I like living in the third world. Most of the reasons why I'm in Thailand are directly or indirectly related to it being third world (for lack of a better term).

So did I

Wish it was an education conference. Most people in Thailand don't really do irony, making it even better.

If only, but it isn't an education conference. Imagined irony doesn't quite hit the spot.

T