Singkhorn - New Myanmar Border Crossing for Thai Nationals Only Opens May 8, 2013

^ Call the Dept. of Immigration.

I'm sure they'll be fully up to speed with such matters and give you a clear and concise knowledgeable answer.... rolleyes.gif

Think it will be down to someone in the area taking a ride up there to talk to the officers at the border.

First part of your answer .. Just talked to prachuap office>>the only number ön immi site ,

They say its not open yet !! Clearly Not the place to get competent answer !!

That leaves us waiting for the second part ..

The answer was competent enough, unlike everything that was announced here, as the border checkpoint is not opened yet, even for Thai nationals. Source: a Thai friend of mine who was there today and got turned away.

• Like 1

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Expect to pass by there at the end of next month, and will keep following this thread in the hope of reading a report written by a foreigner who was allowed to go across for the day, without officially exiting Thailand.

• 2 weeks later...

did any body travel across the border entering myanmar staying a few weeks(holding myanmar visa)and come back to thailand?can india and philippines indonesia singapore malaysia vietnam and sri lankan passport holders holding myanmar visa enter myanmar from here?

I checked with a Thai friend in the dept of immigration, who confirmed that the Dan Singkhon crossing is open only to Thai nationals for day visits. Not sure what the fuss is, because when I visited Dan SIngkhon myself nearly a year ago, Thai merchants were able to cross the border for the day freely anyway. Perhaps it wasn't official then.

The huge crossing gate has been there a long time.

I checked with a Thai friend in the dept of immigration, who confirmed that the Dan Singkhon crossing is open only to Thai nationals for day visits. Not sure what the fuss is, because when I visited Dan SIngkhon myself nearly a year ago, Thai merchants were able to cross the border for the day freely anyway. Perhaps it wasn't official then.

Would that be ok for a PR holder to be treated as Thai in this regard?

Would that be ok for a PR holder to be treated as Thai in this regard?

For what purpose? Just to walk around on the Burmese side? Officially it's Thais only -- Pr-holders are not citizens, obviously - but they might let you across. I could have crossed with a local last year but chose not to..

Why? Because I find it interesting. I thought it was closed last year and only opened recently. So you are saying that foreigners can cross if they are accompanied by a Thai person. I am not sure if I fully understand your post.

^ They probably could when it wasn't an 'official' crossing, if the guard(s) were okay.

Now that it is an 'official' crossing, they probably won't as things are more official.

Though I'm sure you're aware that things are never written in stone around here. ;)

That only works for Thais thou .. Bet you can't name any crossing where foreigner can get border pass !! Three pagodas pass was the only one , but it ended ages ago ..

Also being resident won't help sad.png

Mai Sai for instance will issue a border pass.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am still confused .. Is singkhorn .. open both sides to tourists ... for in and out border crossing? Is there a special Myanmar pre entry visa required?

It's open for day visits but you can't get your passport stamped there.

I was at this pass 3 weeks ago. They are building the road in Burma,

was told ONCE the road is finished Farangs will be able to use it as well and DRIVE into Burma as long as they have visa in advance ( not availabe at border) and approval for the car.

Asked when road would be finished, she just looked at me and said ... later :-)

There is NOTHING on the burmese side

Edited by phuketrichard

I was at this pass 3 weeks ago. They are building the road in Burma,

was told ONCE the road is finished Farangs will be able to use it as well and DRIVE into Burma as long as they have visa in advance ( not availabe at border) and approval for the car.

Asked when road would be finished, she just looked at me and said ... later :-)

There is NOTHING on the burmese side

Probably in about a year or so. But right now the question everyone is asking is when the three crossings, that were supposed to open to overland travelers on Aug 6 will finally open? These crossings are Ranong/Kawthoung, Mae Sot/Myawaddy and Mae Sai/Tachilek. Given how many times they have delayed the opening of these crossings and now the floods have resulted in the latest delays, I wouldn't be fixated on when the Dan Singkorn crossing will open. The answer is it's still a while off, but now that Myanmar is opening up it will happen sooner rather than later.

Would that be ok for a PR holder to be treated as Thai in this regard

Have you paid the 1000baht each year for a re-entry permit. If you have not your PR is cancelled.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I didn't read all the comments so i'm not sure if this has been confirmed...

But I just got back from my Visa run in kanchanaburi

The taxi (we paid 1200 bath for the 2 of us...but you can probably get it cheaper) took about an hour to get to the border

There a thai official took our passport to the burma side and returned with 2 new fresh stamps

After filling in the usual arriving in thailand folder i got my 15(Different for every country) new days

It cost me 700 bath at the border, i think it should be 500 but arguing with the guy didn't help a lot so i just payed

So yes, a visa run at kanchanaburi is definitely possible. And it's easy as f...

• Like 1

Hmm , do u know exactly where did u go ?! It doesn't sound like you went to DaSingkhon crossing . Probably PhuNamRong in Kanchanaburi province . Could you please read and post what location is written on your Thai And Myanmar stamps ! Thanks

Aaaah excuse me i read to fast

yes i went to PhuNamRong in Kanchanaburi

• Like 2

Hmm , do u know exactly where did u go ?! It doesn't sound like you went to DaSingkhon crossing . Probably PhuNamRong in Kanchanaburi province . Could you please read and post what location is written on your Thai And Myanmar stamps ! Thanks

Aaaah excuse me i read to fast

yes i went to PhuNamRong in Kanchanaburi

Outstanding..52 km from Kanchanaburi and only 211 km from Bangkok. Its 250 km BK to Poipet.. Cambodia you had better wake up...

Edited by khwaibah
  • Like 1