Lost My Interest In Thailand

Thongkorn

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is it any wonder that so many people have such a high post count when most of the answers giving are only mocking the OP and generally contribute nothing the topic

Are you suggesting that on more than one occasion a select few posters have the lions share of the proverbial kill?

Sympathies to the OP but personally Pattaya is the rear end of Thailand and I wouldn't step food there. As for parasitic in laws I suppose you can be grateful you are going home soon. But how will you convince the wife to stop sending money home?

I must sympathise with the OP,there are just far to many Thai men in Thailand these days.

lol I had one moronic ex-friend during a bucks party in Patong one night, I asked him if everyone wanted to move to another club etc, he replied out loud in front my Thai girlfriend of 2 years mind you, "No I don't want to go to that club because there are too many thai girls there" I looked at him in shock and disbelief, I could see my Thai girlfriend was upset by this comment but she did not say anything. I asked him oh right so you come to Thailand to just see and party with other fellow Aussies do you? Anyway he had a moan and walked off.

What I don't understand though why on earth would you stay at a ladyboy bar with your wife if you don't like the scene or them annoying you? When there are a million quiet guest houses and hotels in Pattaya you could've stayed at.

Also how could you not know or the wife didn't tell you Songkran was still on in Pattaya? lol

Pattaya? With your wife....?

If that's where you go to relax then there is no hope....none at all...

age old joke:

-i am going to Pattaya

-you dirty pig!

-no, not what you think! i'm going with my wife.

-you stupid pig!

Wow, you just don't give up at trying to be funny. blink.pngcheesy.gif

Personally I cant stand Pattaya, but when you're on holidays you choose somewhere, you go with it, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't! Don't see the point of everyone saying it was a mistake to go there, I've, and I'm sure everyone else, have returned to places they dont particularly like just for the sake of it, or even as they had a great first experience!

I had the same feelings of Thailand last summer when I returned for a holiday for 3 weeks, counted the day's down to go home, right up until the last 2 brilliant night's, which saved the holiday, and quite looking forward to going back now!

Sent from my LT26i using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

age old joke:

-i am going to Pattaya

-you dirty pig!

-you stupid pig!

It was funny actually.

But not as funny as you laughing at yourself...cheesy.gif

I must sympathise with the OP,there are just far to many Thai men in Thailand these days.

lol I had one moronic ex-friend during a bucks party in Patong one night, I asked him if everyone wanted to move to another club etc, he replied out loud in front my Thai girlfriend of 2 years mind you, "No I don't want to go to that club because there are too many thai girls there" I looked at him in shock and disbelief, I could see my Thai girlfriend was upset by this comment but she did not say anything. I asked him oh right so you come to Thailand to just see and party with other fellow Aussies do you? Anyway he had a moan and walked off.

He was playing low key, then probably snuck off with a ladyboy later.

age old joke:

-i am going to Pattaya

-you dirty pig!

-you stupid pig!

Would you prefer the light-hearted, funny Naam, or the in-your-face, condescending Naam? He actually amuses me either way.

• Like 1

I wasn't going to bother - why subject people to more of my dross? But briefly and diplomatically...

1) Certain people have really harsh and ugly attitudes about Thailand and Thais, and some posters are those sort of people and demonstrate those attitudes here.

2) I have over the last couple decades come to some conclusions about those people, in general, based on observation and some critical/analytical thinking, which I feel rather confident are accurate.

3) I believe those people are bitter and angry because of things that happened to them and, to one degree or another, continue to happen to them here and that Thais things happened/ happen because of choices they made (about their own behavior, about the people they let in their lives, about financial and EMOTIONAL investments they make) and that those things that happened color their perception of everything to a degree that is completely debilitating to them own regards to being able to view anything with clarity or anything other than bitterness and bigotry.

Who knew? Pompous Pontificating Pedantry can be bitingly insightful! :)

Sadly, those to whom your analysis would be useful are likely not self aware enough to make use of it. They will choose to ignore it. Wrong choice—again.

T

Money Numbah One !

And they'll lie and cheat for it just like anyone else in the world and even if they had a bellyful of whatever they wanted they'd still lie and cheat because, like Aesop's fabled fox, they can't help themselves.

Just bear that in mind and you'll survive.

Money Numbah One !

And they'll lie and cheat for it just like anyone else in the world and even if they had a bellyful of whatever they wanted they'd still lie and cheat because, like Aesop's fabled fox, they can't help themselves.

Fox, Scorpion—same difference.

T

• Like 1

Who knew? Pompous Pontificating Pedantry can be bitingly insightful! :)

Sadly, those to whom your analysis would be useful are likely not self aware enough to make use of it. They will choose to ignore it. Wrong choice—again.

T

Thanks, to whatever degree it was insightful it was by accident I'm sure. As opposed to the pompous pontificating and pedantry which is quite deliberate (and more fun),

And I agree on the futility of laying it out. Trust me, I've never bothered intentionally discussing this with the sort of people I was speaking of and in cases where it worked out that way (on this thread, perhaps) I had no hopes that they'd benefit from it - nor any concern. Like all my posts, it's primarily about entertaining myself. (It's a welcome bonus if anyone else likes them on a rare occasion).

I read the first sentence, keep em short and sweet teeluk and people actually might read your posts

Here you go, short(er) but not so sweet.

*The post was in response to someone who specifically asked me a question (not to you so why would it matter if you read any of it?)

*I post to kill time and entertain myself since I have to be standing by online. It makes ZERO difference how many people read my posts or if no one does as it's all about indulging myself.

*Obviously someone read my post because he felt compelled to comment about it.

Sorry your ego got bruised on the other thread but you look silly taking personal shots at me here (if you disagree with something I wrote then feel free to comment about substance instead derisive comments).

Reminds me of a waffling old geriatric. I again only read the first sentence and saw it was like an Agatha Christie novel. Popular seller but no one can actually claim to have read one cover to cover.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I buy a lotta those books too; they're good for propping up wobbly desks and such.

T

age old joke:

-i am going to Pattaya

-you dirty pig!

-you stupid pig!

It was funny actually.

>>

Are you her faithful Jester or something? What are you on about anyway, I was laughing at her attempt at trying being funny. lol

Edited by Jayroo

age old joke:

-i am going to Pattaya

-you dirty pig!

-you stupid pig!

It was funny actually.

Are you her faithful Jester or something? What are you on about anyway, I was laughing at her attempt at trying being funny. lol

Did you really laugh out loud as you wrote that?

age old joke:

-i am going to Pattaya

-you dirty pig!

-you stupid pig!

Would you prefer the light-hearted, funny Naam, or the in-your-face, condescending Naam? He actually amuses me either way.

I don't understand either of them, she has an inane sense of humor. BTW it's a she not a he.

age old joke:

It was funny actually.

you really need to see a psychiatrist, I mean for starters look at you're handle LOL, and you're fixated by TV forum trolling for reactions to idiotic comments bwahahahahaha

I don't understand either of them, she has an inane sense of humor. BTW it's a she not a he.
Naan's a woman? Have you told him? Or his wife? I can imagine they'll both be quite stunned.

SC

It was funny actually.

you really need to see a psychiatrist, I mean for starters look at you're handle LOL, and you're fixated by TV forum trolling for reactions to idiotic comments bwahahahahaha

Prove it.

Has there been a Transformation that we need to be made aware of?

Maybe backwards through a worn-hole?

Pray Tell ... and soon Miss Naam ... tongue.png

Edited by David48

Money Numbah One !

not all thais.but for many what you say has a certain ring of truth

Has there been a Transformation that we need to be made aware of?

Maybe backwards through a worn-hole?

Pray Tell ... and soon Miss Naam ... tongue.png

The tri lingual dog is discussing with the gardener right now.

The dog will get right on it, after he has sorted out todays Nasdaq trades.

The good Herr Doctor is way too busy just now enjoying his latest shipment of fine port.

the OP sounds like he's had enough of thailand and perhaps his thai wife too.When the love affair(thailand)finally wears off all the things you really dont like come to the fore.If living here and you want to be happy you have to accept the culture warts and all,keep a tight reign on your money and dont worry about the in-laws................i mean they are not going to change or suddenly have a "road to damascus experience" and accept that our ways are the right way to live.

• Like 1

That explains everything.

I knew there was something when I met Naam the other day, and why he avoided subjects about ladyboys. laugh.png

• Like 1

Sympathies to the OP but personally Pattaya is the rear end of Thailand and I wouldn't step food there. As for parasitic in laws I suppose you can be grateful you are going home soon. But how will you convince the wife to stop sending money home?

Sending money home to mom, that will never change unless mom told her not to send any. I let my wife send money, a whole whopping 4000 baht a month. Nothing else except medical insurance payment once a year, 8000 baht. They want anything else they work for it, I am no sugar daddy but am willing to bend a little to understand Thai culture which is very hard to understand sometimes being from the west. It is what it is as they say.

That explains everything.

I knew there was something when I met Naam the other day, and why he avoided subjects about ladyboys. laugh.png

important was that you liked the 37 year old Port that was served laugh.png

discussions concerning ladyboys give me the creeps although i enjoy very much the discussion with a ladyboy whenever she visits me. she's a lawyer in BKK and always impresses me with her knowledge of German literature and European politics.