Where Can Study Cheap For Ed Visa In Chiang Mai

familymisa

hi

we are living in chiang mai and we want to apply for ED visa. Does anybody knows where in chiang mai

can register for ed visa very cheap. We are 2 persons and we are tired always to make the visa run.

thanks

for the answers

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am looking for a school for a friend who wants to get an Ed visa.

Can you share the name of the school.

Does the 21K include the cost of the visa plus extensions for the full year.

830 dollar?? wow that would be 1660 for both of us.

we already saw something for 21 000 baht for each person and thought something cheaper but 830 is too much

830 dollar?? wow that would be 1660 for both of us.

we already saw something for 21 000 baht for each person and thought something cheaper but 830 is too much

Some places do cheaper but they dont offer visa service, Walen prepares all the paperwork for visa and extensions, even if you stay on a tourist visa you will incur similar costs because of the need to travel across the border.

Just to be clear,

If the above price includes the cost of the ed. visa plus the extensions for the full year,

what is the final cost in baht?

I find it pretty sad to see how ED visas are being misused.

I was going to say the same thing.

Also, for those being sold on '3 years, no visa runs', chances are at some point within those 3 years someone in government or (imm.) police is going to wake up and plug that hole.

I'm interested though to hear from Cabralad (or someone else) if they actually get an extension stamped into their passport with a date that's a year out. (Or, for example, that it's 3 months, but then they have to supply the passport back to the school who will produce another extension (or even an exit/entry stamp....)

Also, for those being sold on '3 years, no visa runs', chances are at some point within those 3 years someone in government or (imm.) police is going to wake up and plug that hole.

I'm interested though to hear from Cabralad (or someone else) if they actually get an extension stamped into their passport with a date that's a year out. (Or, for example, that it's 3 months, but then they have to supply the passport back to the school who will produce another extension (or even an exit/entry stamp....)

all the visa categories are abused.

I have lost track of how many expats on retirement visa's are buying. selling and renting real estate, or running a business under their wife's name under a marriage visa.

Can't really say it's more or less abusive than the Thai businesses gaming the regulatory system.

What do people think? Are expats gaming the system more than Thai interests?

• Like 2

If the visa holder attends school and studies Thai, I do not see that as an abuse of the system. It is more like killing two birds with one stone.

I agree but what is he or she going to do when the visa runs out. How many years can you usse the education visa?

Yes there is many expats gaming they system. Particularly the Americans and other nationalities that do not demand proof of income at their embassies or consulate.

I find it pretty sad that someone who happens to be old or happens to have a wife here or happens to have a business here thinks they have more right to live here and think that anyone else should just get out becuase they don't happen to be eligible for your type of visa.

That may be the first time I have heard of being old/married or having to work as some kind of privileged benefit smile.png

Agree. The educational visa game is absurd. I applaud Thailand for providing an option for those who genuinely wish to learn Thai language and culture. The rest of you? As in "tired of making visa runs," go home!! Just go home!

I disagree with brother UG above. "Gaming the system" is immature and selfish as, simply, just illegal. Let the Thai government worry about it ?! My, my, my! How generous in spirit you are, UG! But does anything go, old boy ?! Really? Not your problem !!! For shoppers in your shop, too? If you left your doors wide open like the Thai government unfortunately has left its doors much more than ajar, you'd soon be on the street selling flowers and wooden frogs to the tourist crowd. And, somehow, I don't think that you are probably cute enough to make much of a bhat!

Edited by Mapguy

personally i dont see anything wrong here. if one is tired of visa runs, then get a education visa, make use of it, seat down and take lessons. nothing to misuse and illegal about

its a different game for those who skip lessons entirely or those who work illegally

besides, doesnt individual get interviewed by immigration officers for ed extension

• Like 1

Agree. The educational visa game is absurd. I applaud Thailand for providing an option for those who genuinely wish to learn Thai language and culture. The rest of you? As in "tired of making visa runs," go home!! Just go home!

I disagree with brother UG above. "Gaming the system" is immature and selfish as, simply, just illegal. Let the Thai government worry about it ?! My, my, my! How generous in spirit you are, UG! But does anything go, old boy ?! Really? Not your problem !!! For shoppers in your shop, too? If you left your doors wide open like the Thai government unfortunately has left its doors much more than ajar, you'd soon be on the street selling flowers and wooden frogs to the tourist crowd. And, somehow, I don't think that you are probably cute enough to make much of a bhat!

What visa are you on that makes you "deserve" to be allowed to stay here while others should be thrown out ?

• Like 2

If the visa holder attends school and studies Thai, I do not see that as an abuse of the system. It is more like killing two birds with one stone.

Are you kidding me?

This guy is looking for a cheap way to stay in the country and is not interested in learning something at all. I came here for research and it was a freaking hassle to get my extension which involved calling Chula's International Office to make sure I was really studying there. Thanks a lot.

• Like 1

First of all thanks for 1 or 2 school names. I am here in thailand to study thai but i dont have such a big budget thats why i wanted to ask you here which one is the cheapest school. I found now a school which offers me for 1 year 19500 baht with 180 lesson.The visa fee every 3 month is not included but they will go with the school group together to the embassy every 3 month.

Thats the cheapest what i found and i will register there the next days.

Thanks again

Bye

• Like 2

First of all thanks for 1 or 2 school names. I am here in thailand to study thai but i dont have such a big budget thats why i wanted to ask you here which one is the cheapest school. I found now a school which offers me for 1 year 19500 baht with 180 lesson.The visa fee every 3 month is not included but they will go with the school group together to the embassy every 3 month.

Thats the cheapest what i found and i will register there the next days.

Thanks again

Bye

I find this interesting. It always brings up a debate also.

I am interested, if you don't mind, in why you want to learn the Thai language.

MSPain

what you mean why i want to learn thai language? Why someone wants to learn a language where you live the next 10 years? i dont understand your question I live in thailand since 1,5 year and i will continue to stay here. In this 1,5 year i took always in laos a double entry tourist visa which is valid for 6 month. I didnt had the chance to make my driver licence an insurance and also its hard to get a bank account. I read that with an ed visa this all is possible and i can learn also the language which make it easier for me and my husband to communicate more than hello and goodbye. My husband is fillippino and in the phillippines everybody speaks perfect english but here its hard that people really understand you when you want to speak with them a deep english. So i choosed to learn together with my husband thai. But because we are 2 persons we are looking of course a school which is not so expensive. 830 dollar like someone offer is maybe for one person cheap but we always have to think on 2. So for us it would be something like 1660 dollar. So i dont know what is so difficult on that to understand if we are asking for a cheap thai study school??

Edited by familymisa

i had my pasport stamped for 1 year later (my second year)

what you mean why i want to learn thai language? Why someone wants to learn a language where you live the next 10 years? i dont understand your question I live in thailand since 1,5 year and i will continue to stay here. In this 1,5 year i took always in laos a double entry tourist visa which is valid for 6 month. I didnt had the chance to make my driver licence an insurance and also its hard to get a bank account. I read that with an ed visa this all is possible and i can learn also the language which make it easier for me and my husband to communicate more than hello and goodbye. My husband is fillippino and in the phillippines everybody speaks perfect english but here its hard that people really understand you when you want to speak with them a deep english. So i choosed to learn together with my husband thai. But because we are 2 persons we are looking of course a school which is not so expensive. 830 dollar like someone offer is maybe for one person cheap but we always have to think on 2. So for us it would be something like 1660 dollar. So i dont know what is so difficult on that to understand if we are asking for a cheap thai study school??

I wasn't trying to be negative... as I said, I find it interesting. You shouldn't take it as an attack on your reasons.

Your explanation answers my question.

MSPain

I find it pretty sad that someone who happens to be old or happens to have a wife here or happens to have a business here thinks they have more right to live here and think that anyone else should just get out becuase they don't happen to be eligible for your type of visa.

Personally. I could care less who is gaming the visa system. Let the Thai government worry about that.

Forget to take your wake up pill today UG?

That may be the first time I have heard of being old/married or having to work as some kind of privileged benefit smile.png

He got it back ward. My wife and her mother consider having me a privilege.

We are not married but I would in a heart beat if it meant going or staying. Six years together and still going strong. All though I am a little worried as she is starting up English classes again. So easy to ignore them when you don't understand the language.smile.png