Thai Patriots Protest, Seek Government Resignation On Temple Dispute

webfact

Thai patriots protest, seek government resignation on temple dispute
By English News

13680618794543.jpg

BANGKOK, May 9 – A people’s network protesting against the Thai-Cambodian temple dispute rallied at Bangkok's Sanam Luang yesterday and vowed to continue demonstrating until the government resigns.

Chaiwat Sinsuwong, spokesman of the Thai Patriotic Front against the Phra Viharn (Preah Vihear) Conflict, said the group asked permission from the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) to be at Sanam Luang and protesters should number 100,000 persons within this week.

“We already have 30,000 people and it would be too troublesome to move elsewhere. We will replant grass and trees after the rally is called off,” he said.

Thailand and Cambodia's dispute over Phra Viharn temple is pending a verdict by the International Court of Justice (ICJ) scheduled for late this year.

Mr Chaiwat said the group aims at collecting names of five million people to support the move to be submitted to the United Nations secretary general, the ICJ and the United Nations Security Council.

Sanam Luang will be the venue for the annual royal ploughing ceremony on Monday.

Mr Chaiwat said the group has yet to decide if it will move to other location to put more pressure on the government.

He said it is up to the Bangkok governor’s judgement whether the group will be allowed to continue demonstrating at Sanam Luang. Mr Chaiwat is a former Bangkok deputy governor. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2013-05-09

This crowd of numb nuts running the country , now have another headache on their hands, good to see people standing up to them and giving the old finger salute, whether you agree or not , it tells the true believers not everyone is on the same page and the honey moon is well and truly over.

• Like 1

This crowd of numb nuts running the country , now have another headache on their hands, good to see people standing up to them and giving the old finger salute, whether you agree or not , it tells the true believers not everyone is on the same page and the honey moon is well and truly over.

Let's hope that the Thai army deals with these "Thailiban" terrorists in the same way that they dealt with the red shirts

• Like 1

This becomes more and nore tiresome with each passing day. What exactly are the objectives of the Thai Patriotic Front against the Phra Viharn (Preah Vihear) Conflict ? The decision was made half a century ago - the 1962 decision was that the temple belonged to Cambodia. The current decision ( if any ) will only cover the adjacent land and therefore access to the temple. What does the Thai Patriotic Front want ? -- their only recourse to change ownership would be a war -- is this the true objective of the Patriotic Front ?

If I were the ICj, I would confirm Cambodian ownership of the Temple and give all the adjacent land to Thailand, and then sir back and laugh ! Perhaps with Cambodian ownership and Thai access, there would be hope for a joint development ?

This becomes more and nore tiresome with each passing day. What exactly are the objectives of the Thai Patriotic Front against the Phra Viharn (Preah Vihear) Conflict ? The decision was made half a century ago - the 1962 decision was that the temple belonged to Cambodia. The current decision ( if any ) will only cover the adjacent land and therefore access to the temple. What does the Thai Patriotic Front want ? -- their only recourse to change ownership would be a war -- is this the true objective of the Patriotic Front ?

If I were the ICj, I would confirm Cambodian ownership of the Temple and give all the adjacent land to Thailand, and then sir back and laugh ! Perhaps with Cambodian ownership and Thai access, there would be hope for a joint development ?

To crush the opposition and rightfully claim what [they believe] is theirs ... in Cambodia.

This whole problem started with the Imperialist French colonials. Siam gave up a large portion of the country, in treaty agreements with the French. Before the French all of what is today's Laos and Cambodia was portions of Vietnam and Siam. The French broke every treaty they made. cowboy.gif

• Like 1

Let's hope that the Thai army deals with these "Thailiban" terrorists in the same way that they dealt with the red shirts
The army probably should wait until these guys start lobbing grenades or shooting before the army steps in ... just like with the red shirts.
  • Like 2

To crush the opposition and rightfully claim what [they believe] is theirs ... in Cambodia.

That's what I said ----- war with Cambodia !

Personally I think the reason they give for being there is way out of line, however it is showing Yingluck and Co that there are people out who are ready to stand up and oppose what they are doing.

The tide has turned.

I note:

the group asked permission from the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) to be at Sanam Luang

And wonder if the reds have also asked permission for their 100,000 to be wherever they are?

This whole problem started with the Imperialist French colonials. Siam gave up a large portion of the country, in treaty agreements with the French. Before the French all of what is today's Laos and Cambodia was portions of Vietnam and Siam. The French broke every treaty they made. cowboy.gif

And before that it was part of the Khamier (sorry about the spelling) Empire and before that and on and on the saga goes. today is 2013 not ancient history. Unfortunately the Thai people with there false pride are unwilling too try to make a peaceful settlement of joint ownership over 4;2 square kilometers of basically land that is not used but could be developed in to a tourist attraction befitting both nations and showing the world that they are capable of intelligent decisions.

They did not say what it was they wanted other than the resignation of the Government. I would love to see that but there handling of this dispute is not worth any ones resignation. It was a sh-t deal they inherited with the job. But there is nothing to stop them from trying for joint ownership or management what ever the legal eagles want to call it.

Lets wait and see for a few months how that develops. If they obstruct traffic and businesses get them arrested and put up a fine. If they can't pay the fine, lock them up. No need to call in the army as they are mostly yellow shirts but do arrest the former BMA deputy goverrnor.

This is certainly not a peaceful prostest but for a way to remove an elected government. Same old story yellow shirts, army and the democrats.

• Like 1

And let's hope Yingluck and Chalerm are slapped with murder charges once they do so. I wonder how long they'd remain in the country if that were to happen?

Dubai's open....

• Like 1

The French must have trained Vietnam in how to chisel away at Cambodia. Hanoi was Cambodia once.

Personally I think the reason they give for being there is way out of line, however it is showing Yingluck and Co that there are people out who are ready to stand up and oppose what they are doing.

The tide has turned.

I note

:

this whole issue was created by the Yellows to go after the Reds. What happens if their is a repeat of the cambodian violence against Thais business's like a decade back when some twit of a media personality proclaimed angkor wat THAI ?! ... these things have a way of spiralling out of control ... or is it just som nom nur and whats on cable tonight eh - pathetic

• Like 1

The tide has turned.

I note

:

this whole issue was created by the Yellows to go after the Reds. What happens if their is a repeat of the cambodian violence against Thais business's like a decade back when some twit of a media personality proclaimed angkor wat THAI ?! ... these things have a way of spiralling out of control ... or is it just som nom nur and whats on cable tonight eh - pathetic

You blame the yellows as the historical initiators and then cite an incident under Thaksin's regime.

Consistency is difficult.

You blame the yellows as the historical initiators and then cite an incident under Thaksin's regime.

So I cannot use a previous ugly incident because that was under a different regime, uh er, political banner, to point to the damgers this hair brained politically motivated madness might cause.

Expats, not the brightest knobs on the block biggrin.png

So I cannot use a previous ugly incident because that was under a different regime, uh er, political banner, to point to the damgers this hair brained politically motivated madness might cause.

Expats, not the brightest knobs on the block biggrin.png

Feel free to point to any "damgers" you want, but it helps your credibility if you are consistent.

I agree that some expats struggle with their brightness.

In the matter of Temple dispute it is the protester's that are 'numb nuts'. The reconcilliation of the dispute is subject to international law notthe Thai Government nor the Cambodian governmnt. The protesters are just a bunch of poorly educated uneploted louts.

Regardless of what country it is, I get an uneasy feeling when these 'Patriotic Fronts' rear their heads. It is sad when the politics of 'If you are not with us, you are against us' is the order of the day, not to mention dangerous.