Ford Ecosport Release?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Reports earlier said we would also get the 1L. Not sure if we'll get the diesel. We'll all know in two weeks at the autoshow (I presume).

* I think it's a safe assumption we're getting the 1L, based on Ford Thailand plastering promotion of the ecoboost engine all over its Thailand website for the past month. wink.png

Edited by keemapoot

Reports earlier said we would also get the 1L. Not sure if we'll get the diesel. We'll all know in two weeks at the autoshow (I presume).

* I think it's a safe assumption we're getting the 1L, based on Ford Thailand plastering promotion of the ecoboost engine all over its Thailand website for the past month. wink.png

The Ecosport will not be available in 4WD or with the 1.0L ecoboost at launch - word is they will both come next year. For now it's just the 1.5L FWD 6AT version we'll be seeing.

The Fiesta is getting the new Aston front end and the 1.0L ecoboost later this month however (the media drive event was earlier this week).

It's an anti-climax for me, now that we know there will be no 4WD/Ecoboost at launch, and also now that Honda have revealed the new Vezel, and have all but confirmed it will be available in hybrid and 1.0L turbo variants..

It's an anti-climax for me, now that we know there will be no 4WD/Ecoboost at launch, and also now that Honda have revealed the new Vezel, and have all but confirmed it will be available in hybrid and 1.0L turbo variants..

Agree completely. Haven't heard about the Vezel though, any spyshots or concept drawings or timeframes?

*just googled and found some images

Edited by keemapoot

Agree completely. Haven't heard about the Vezel though, any spyshots or concept drawings or timeframes?

Try www.carsguide.com.au good info there.

• Like 1

I have no more info really than the link provided by John1 already, but it's coming next year, expected in H2.. about the time we'll see ecoboost ecosport eco suv's...

Guess the new Jazz SUV now appears to be called Vezel will have these options ?

http://world.honda.com/news/2013/4131119VTEC-TURBO-Gasoline-Turbo-Engine/index.html ??

Will it out price itself ? Honda die-hard fans will buy anyway..

It will hit the same price points (700-900K) as the other competitors on the space, otherwise no point in manufacturing it (too close to CRV).

Thanks for that. Yeah, I guess Honda rolled it out at the Tokyo show two days ago. Interesting how much noise Ford has made about the Ecosport, and Honda just quietly rolls out a showroom ready vehicle to compete. Will be very interesting now to compare the 1L options of the two now, especially since Ford has blown the chance to steal the show early by only releasing the 1.5, which now appears to be more like a Fiesta in hiking boots, rather than a true Eco urban SUV.

Thanks for that. Yeah, I guess Honda rolled it out at the Tokyo show two days ago. Interesting how much noise Ford has made about the Ecosport, and Honda just quietly rolls out a showroom ready vehicle to compete. Will be very interesting now to compare the 1L options of the two now, especially since Ford has blown the chance to steal the show early by only releasing the 1.5, which now appears to be more like a Fiesta in hiking boots, rather than a true Eco urban SUV.

Don't forget the Chevy Traxx, and Toyota Rush (only 7-seater in this space), also expected next year smile.png

If Chevy have the balls to bring their 1.4L Turbo onto the TH market, that could be the standout in this new segment..

Edited by IMHO
  • Like 1

Found this new review on a Philippine car blog about the 2014 Fiesta 1.0 ecoboost tested in Thailand. Seems like a nice peppy little car. (954 kg) , it develops 125 HP and 170 NM from 1400 RPM onwards. (in Europe the same engine with manual transmission goes up to 200 NM) Too bad they still use that powershift transmission although the shift-shock at low speeds seem less noticeable. Probably next week on order during the motor show.

http://www.autoindustriya.com/features/driving-the-2013-ford-fiesta-ecoboost-chiang-mai-thailand.html

Edited by sjonburi

Ford is laughably useless in Thailand.

Even the sales guy at Ford said he has no idea what Ford Thailand will deliver them each shipment, and they could delayed delivery of my Ranger 4X until the last time they said they had no idea when they would be able to deliver or IF at all, and kept blaming the floods...except that I booked it AFTER the floods anyhow, so they should have known all this already at least approximately.

In the end had to give up; everyone told me dealing with Ford would be like that, and it totally was.

Nice cars,so it's pretty frustrating to not be able to buy anything from them.

• Like 1

Ford is laughably useless in Thailand.

Even the sales guy at Ford said he has no idea what Ford Thailand will deliver them each shipment, and they could delayed delivery of my Ranger 4X until the last time they said they had no idea when they would be able to deliver or IF at all, and kept blaming the floods...except that I booked it AFTER the floods anyhow, so they should have known all this already at least approximately.

In the end had to give up; everyone told me dealing with Ford would be like that, and it totally was.

Nice cars,so it's pretty frustrating to not be able to buy anything from them.

Yep, nice cars on paper - some even best in class on paper. Then reality strikes.

Some quick prices from the official release:

1.5L 5MT Ambiente - 669K

1.5L 6AT Ambiente - 709K

1.5L 6AT Trend - 759K

1.5L 6AT Titanium - 829K

That top 1.5 model seems a bit pricey, considering the engine, though a good one, is nothing new. Wonder what the Titanium 1L or diesel versions will go for? Probably the AWD diesel version will be prohibitively priced for the class?

1.5L 5MT Ambiente - 669K

1.5L 6AT Ambiente - 709K

1.5L 6AT Trend - 759K

1.5L 6AT Titanium - 829K

IMHO, I take it you've seen the Ecosport.

What's your call on that versus the Nissan Juke?

Edited by Will27

1.5L 5MT Ambiente - 669K

1.5L 6AT Ambiente - 709K

1.5L 6AT Trend - 759K

1.5L 6AT Titanium - 829K

That top 1.5 model seems a bit pricey, considering the engine, though a good one, is nothing new. Wonder what the Titanium 1L or diesel versions will go for? Probably the AWD diesel version will be prohibitively priced for the class?

I very much doubt you'll be able to buy a diesel here. For some reason diesels are for trucks only. I guess the meddling govt has something to do with that.

• Like 1

1.5L 5MT Ambiente - 669K

1.5L 6AT Ambiente - 709K

1.5L 6AT Trend - 759K

1.5L 6AT Titanium - 829K

Just got back from the motorshow, and spent a lot of time looking at both the Juke and the Ecosport. We finally opted to order the Titanium top Ecosport model. Interestingly, we were talking simultaneously with our dealer in the home province and the people at the show. At the dealer, they told us that each Ford dealer had received a quota of only 20 cars initially, and that delivery (including ours) will be in 3 months. After that quota, he said the wait could be a year or so. Not sure how true that is or not.

Regarding the Juke, that is a hot little number. They will sell a lot of them. Compared against the Ecosport, the Juke's styling is more non-conventional, though very sporty looking. (think mini Cayennetongue.png ) CVT tranny, vs. the Ecosport's 16s and 6 speed auto. The Ecosport gets better gas mileage. The Juke is slightly more expensive at 860 for the top model vs. 830 for the top Ecosport. Importantly, Ford is offering a 30k discount at the motorshow (also offered by all the dealers). Basically, if you're looking for something sportier, I'd opt for the Juke. If you're looking for a mini SUV-type crossover that is very handsome, the Ecosport is better.

It was a toss-up, but we opted for the Ecosport.

• Like 1

1.5L 5MT Ambiente - 669K

1.5L 6AT Ambiente - 709K

1.5L 6AT Trend - 759K

1.5L 6AT Titanium - 829K

Just got back from the motorshow, and spent a lot of time looking at both the Juke and the Ecosport. We finally opted to order the Titanium top Ecosport model. Interestingly, we were talking simultaneously with our dealer in the home province and the people at the show. At the dealer, they told us that each Ford dealer had received a quota of only 20 cars initially, and that delivery (including ours) will be in 3 months. After that quota, he said the wait could be a year or so. Not sure how true that is or not.

Regarding the Juke, that is a hot little number. They will sell a lot of them. Compared against the Ecosport, the Juke's styling is more non-conventional, though very sporty looking. (think mini Cayennetongue.png ) CVT tranny, vs. the Ecosport's 16s and 6 speed auto. The Ecosport gets better gas mileage. The Juke is slightly more expensive at 860 for the top model vs. 830 for the top Ecosport. Importantly, Ford is offering a 30k discount at the motorshow (also offered by all the dealers). Basically, if you're looking for something sportier, I'd opt for the Juke. If you're looking for a mini SUV-type crossover that is very handsome, the Ecosport is better.

It was a toss-up, but we opted for the Ecosport.

Not sure why there would be such a long wait for production lot 2, seeing as the Ecosport doesn't export to any Western markets (Australia gets theirs from India), but if Ford say one year, that's scary - we've never seen them actually hit a promised delivery date in recent times.

Yesterday our daughter went too Ford Rama 2 the did not had any Ecosport in the showroom (On a Tango connection same as skype) We order The Ecosport Titanium Model price 799.000 baht delivery first week in Marts Lot 1

I read some place some of the parts come from India and Ford Thailand has to deliver Ecosport to UK and Philippines

In India 1 year delivery in 2 weeks the sold 34000

Edited by nok_dan2000

Yesterday our daughter went too Ford Rama 2 the did not had any Ecosport in the showroom (On a Tango connection same as skype) We order The Ecosport Titanium Model price 799.000 baht delivery first week in Marts Lot 1

I read some place some of the parts come from India and Ford Thailand has to deliver Ecosport to UK and Philippines

Yes, your price of 799 reflects the 30k motorshow promotion. Basically, at the motorshow, they will give you the 30k, but won't throw in any other freebies. At our dealer yesterday, we got the 799 price, + free 1 yr first class insurance, + all the other usual freebies, film, mats, sensors. So, Ford has done the right thing by honoring the motorshow price country-wide at all the dealers, and in fact, seemed to create an incentive for customers to deal with their local dealers, thereby enhancing dealer loyalty? I should also point out that Ford simultaneously held a pretty big mini-motorshow at a large mall at our local province, and is greatly expanding its dealer presence with two new large sales and service facilities in the city (Korat).

Regarding sales in India, yeah, this Ecosport has been the category killer. Ford seems to have nailed it, but again, can't keep up with demand, and the long waiting times are rampant in India, and perhaps the same in Thailand. BTW, regarding the ecoboost 1L engine, Ford told me at the motorshow that that will only be available in manual tranny, as I guess the car is a bit too heavy to lug with that tiny engine. He also said same with the diesel when it arrives, manual only, no auto. Not sure why, maybe not enough room underneath in the transmission bay?

We're very interested in the Ecosport. Happily the manual version is also the cheapest. I prefer the black hardware too.

Just got to decide whether we keep the truck or PX it. Not sure we really need 2 cars.

We're very interested in the Ecosport. Happily the manual version is also the cheapest. I prefer the black hardware too.

Just got to decide whether we keep the truck or PX it. Not sure we really need 2 cars.

Unlike so many Manual cars in Thailand at least the Ford Eurosport on the Thai website has Airbags and ABS.

Yes, your price of 799 reflects the 30k motorshow promotion. Basically, at the motorshow, they will give you the 30k, but won't throw in any other freebies. At our dealer yesterday, we got the 799 price, + free 1 yr first class insurance, + all the other usual freebies, film, mats, sensors. So, Ford has done the right thing by honoring the motorshow price country-wide at all the dealers, and in fact, seemed to create an incentive for customers to deal with their local dealers, thereby enhancing dealer loyalty? I should also point out that Ford simultaneously held a pretty big mini-motorshow at a large mall at our local province, and is greatly expanding its dealer presence with two new large sales and service facilities in the city (Korat).

Regarding sales in India, yeah, this Ecosport has been the category killer. Ford seems to have nailed it, but again, can't keep up with demand, and the long waiting times are rampant in India, and perhaps the same in Thailand. BTW, regarding the ecoboost 1L engine, Ford told me at the motorshow that that will only be available in manual tranny, as I guess the car is a bit too heavy to lug with that tiny engine. He also said same with the diesel when it arrives, manual only, no auto. Not sure why, maybe not enough room underneath in the transmission bay?

Look at the ford website - the fiesta ecosport comes with auto tranny. If I recall the price is about 780K. 125 hp is plenty for the fiesta (more than the 1.6).It also has more tq than the 1.6 version. I don't see any manual transmission advertised.

http://www.ford.co.th/en/cars/new-fiesta/models

BTW, regarding the ecoboost 1L engine, Ford told me at the motorshow that that will only be available in manual tranny, as I guess the car is a bit too heavy to lug with that tiny engine. He also said same with the diesel when it arrives, manual only, no auto. Not sure why, maybe not enough room underneath in the transmission bay?

That was the original story from our sources too, but a few weeks ago they confirmed that the ecosport will be getting the ecoboost with powershift AT in a minor change - no info on when, but the impression was sometime next year. I think people are still rehashing info from the India market version (India prefers MT, no need for AT there), which is also the the version exported to AU/NZ.

As another poster noted, the ecoboost + powershift works just fine in the Fiesta, and the ecosport is built on the Fiesta platform.