Court Disqualifies Pheu Thai M P Karun Hosakul

webfact

POLITICS
Court disqualifies Pheu Thai MP

Kesinee Taengkhiao,
Prapasri Osathanon
The Nation

30205822-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Supreme Court's Election Division yesterday disqualified Karun Hosakul as Pheu Thai MP for Bangkok's Constituency 12 after he was found guilty of defaming Democrat candidate Tankhun Jittitsara.

The Supreme Court found him guilty and ruled that his comments had influenced the election result. Karun was also found to have violated the MPs and Senators' Election Act by attacking Tankhun’s background and falsely alleging that he posed for nude photos in a gay magazine.

The court ordered a by-election in Bangkok’s Constituency 12, which is in Don Muang district. The Election Commission has yet to set a date.

Election Commissioner Prapun Naigowit said it is likely that the by-election will be held on June 16.

The cost of the election, based on what was spent previously, is expected to stand at about Bt10 million and Karun will be made to cover it, he said.

Democrat Party's deputy leader Korn Chatikavanij said Tankhun deserved to run in the by-election, though whether he is selected will be up to the party's candidate selection committee led by former leader Banyat Bantadtan and the party's executives.

The executives will meet on Monday and will also discuss when the selection process should begin, Korn said.

Tankhun said he felt sorry for Karun, but admitted that he had to be very careful as his canvassar had been attacked several times but the investigation has not made much progress. He also said that he did not know if the party would support him for the candidacy.

On July 3, 2011, Karun won the election with 38,351 votes, while Democrat candidate Tankhun received 30,675 votes and Captain Chompol Yusanon came in third with 1,018.

Pheu Thai Bangkok MP Vicharn Minchainant said it would be up to the party to decide who it will field in the by-election.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-05-10

Can anyone put me right but is this the same MP who got a smack in the mouth for screaming around Don Muang area on a jet ski during the last major flooding, capsizing several small boats ? When people shoutedat him he happily gave the " do you know who I am routine ? ' until he got thumped.

• Like 2

Can anyone put me right but is this the same MP who got a smack in the mouth for screaming around Don Muang area on a jet ski during the last major flooding, capsizing several small boats ? When people shouted at him he happily gave the " do you know who I am routine ? ' until he got thumped.

Yes.

He has a long and very checkered history.

Can anyone put me right but is this the same MP who got a smack in the mouth for screaming around Don Muang area on a jet ski during the last major flooding, capsizing several small boats ? When people shouted at him he happily gave the " do you know who I am routine ? ' until he got thumped.

Yes.

Thanks for that. He seeks to have the right credentials to be a PTP MP so will yet another court have a cordon thrown around it ?

• Like 1

Evidence points to a complete dumb bum running for the PTP, where do or more to the point why do they pick such idiots to run for parliament, members of parliament are supposed to set a proper conduct standard, how people with a criminal history are accepted and with so many , has to be questioned, has the PTP party got a code of conduct in it's charter , more to the point , has it got a set of rules, by the performance, the arrogance of it's ministers, one can only assume that the answer is no.coffee1.gif

Evidence points to a complete dumb bum running for the PTP, where do or more to the point why do they pick such idiots to run for parliament, members of parliament are supposed to set a proper conduct standard, how people with a criminal history are accepted and with so many , has to be questioned, has the PTP party got a code of conduct in it's charter , more to the point , has it got a set of rules, by the performance, the arrogance of it's ministers, one can only assume that the answer is no.coffee1.gif

If they had a fit and proper benchmark for MPs, the parliament would be 70% empty.

• Like 2

"...The cost of the election, based on what was spent previously, is expected to stand at about Bt10 million and Karun will be made to cover it, he said..."

Also fair play and good news.

A good hit in the pocketbook, besides the removal from the trough,

might make them think twice about blatant lies in campaigns.

Yes.

His future is stripes. Bugger, they don't have striped prison uniforms here.

If they had a fit and proper benchmark for MPs, the parliament would be 70% empty.

After the national election, one of the cases the CC was considering was PTP's nominating unfit/unsuitable persons for MP. The case quietly disappeared, along with the blatant use of Thaksin in their advertising, I can only assume because of fears of violent repercussions, as both cases has indisputable merit..

• Like 2

That I thought of , that would suit the PM , more shopping days .

Don Mueang... red central of Bangkok so not much hope for other parties to turn this around, and of course the PTP/Red rubes will call for sympathy votes because of the terrible injustice done to their man..... seriously people in the future will look at all this politics rubbish here and think it was all made up soap opera...w00t.gif

• Like 2

After the national election, one of the cases the CC was considering was PTP's nominating unfit/unsuitable persons for MP. The case quietly disappeared, along with the blatant use of Thaksin in their advertising, I can only assume because of fears of violent repercussions, as both cases has indisputable merit..

I wondered about the Thaksin one as well.

The article doesn't say if, or when, he'll be eligible to run again -- as I'm sure he will as soon as legally allowed.

A red card means that he can't run again. Not sure if it's a 5 year ban or not.

The article doesn't say if, or when, he'll be eligible to run again -- as I'm sure he will as soon as legally allowed.

A red card means that he can't run again. Not sure if it's a 5 year ban or not.

Yes it is a five year ban. Very much deserved.

Karun Hosakul, the chap who (allegedly) in October 2011 lead a group of Don Muang residents to destroy dykes and threatened all who'd dare to mention this? The one with a fast speedboat who likes to run it through the khlongs? The one who 'managed' flood donation distribution at DM Airport for a while? That Karun Hosakul? The one who in April 2008 at the Parliament Cafetaria 'kungfu kicked' a Dems MP and missed, barely touching his opponent ?

Karun Hosakul, the chap who (allegedly) in October 2011 lead a group of Don Muang residents to destroy dykes and threatened all who'd dare to mention this? The one with a fast speedboat who likes to run it through the khlongs? The one who 'managed' flood donation distribution at DM Airport for a while? That Karun Hosakul? The one who in April 2008 at the Parliament Cafetaria 'kungfu kicked' a Dems MP and missed, barely touching his opponent ?

A violent history

>> Karun Hosakul, 41, allegedly beat his former wife, Ratchadawan. In April 2005, she divorced him.

>> Two months after the divorce, Karun attacked her at Don

Mueang Airport as she returned from a trip abroad. Karun grabbed her

hair, slapped her and threatened to disfigure her. She was rescued by

airport guards.

>> In 2006, Karun assaulted a guard at an abandoned cinema,

when he and his friends were refused entry. He kicked the guard twice

in the head, reportedly shouting: "I will be back. Don't you know who I

am?"

>> In 2007, as a Bangkok City Councillor, Karun head-butted an undercover policeman at a cock fight.

>> In 2005, Karun was stopped from contesting a Bangkok seat because he lacked the educational

qualifications required.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2008/04/03/headlines/headlines_30069979.php

ekng_2.jpg

"...The cost of the election, based on what was spent previously, is expected to stand at about Bt10 million and Karun will be made to cover it, he said..."

Also fair play and good news.

A good hit in the pocketbook, besides the removal from the trough,

might make them think twice about blatant lies in campaigns.

Let's hope you're right. Just because they say he'll have to pay doesn't make it so. Even if he does, it will most likely be dirty money.

• Like 1