Swimming Pool Repairs Samui

Our pool has been fine for 2 years but now has developed a leak. On the advice of our usual pool guy, we are letting the water leak gradually, now it is near empty. We are no nearer knowing whether there is a leak in the concrete or pipes or something else. Does anyone know an expert who can help identify the problem and fix it?

The most common leaks are from the piping under the pool because some guys tend to use the cheap normal low pressure glue instead of the cement glue for high pressure. Hence leaking by the elbows. There jet and drain pipes from the pool floor to the pump. You can close the jets (there is a screw) and watch if the pool is still leaking. If yes the leak is by the main drains.

ClaudeFeller is right in that most leaks are in the pipework rather than the shell of the pool. However, recent rains may have caused some settling of the ground around your pool. This then might create some hairline fractures.

For my pool problems I have mostly been using Poolmart for the last 12 years. They are on the lake road in Chewang (close to the new Tourist College).

CP Pools, as suggested by Mr Churchill have also been good - I have used them mostly for chemicals though.

I am not impressed with TSP Pools (he seems to only want to sell new stuff - no after service). Likewise, I have had some bad experiences with the small place near Big C. (Samui Pools or something like that.) Opposite where Purapool used to be - same people.

ClaudeFeller is right in that most leaks are in the pipework rather than the shell of the pool. However, recent rains may have caused some settling of the ground around your pool. This then might create some hairline fractures.

For my pool problems I have mostly been using Poolmart for the last 12 years. They are on the lake road in Chewang (close to the new Tourist College).

CP Pools, as suggested by Mr Churchill have also been good - I have used them mostly for chemicals though.

I am not impressed with TSP Pools (he seems to only want to sell new stuff - no after service). Likewise, I have had some bad experiences with the small place near Big C. (Samui Pools or something like that.) Opposite where Purapool used to be - same people.

Poolmart is terribly overpriced, CP pools are OK for chemicals and for cleaning jobs but also overprices equipment. Both have a margin of more than 100 %.

I am doing pool installations sometimes, TSP is my supplier but need to speak to the owner, the sales ladies are a nightmare. But price level almost as in BKK.