Tefl Course

Hi, i have just heard about a good deal on a TEFL course (cambridge) which you can do online (140 hours) .

Does anyone know if i can do this here as i am currently living here on a marriage visa.

If so would i need a printer as i only have an ipad at the moment.

I guess i would have to apply for a work permit . Does that mean i could no longer live here all year round ?

Also what does the crb check involve as i have had a few minor offences i.e drinking related but nothing major.

Sorry to ask so many questions but the course is going for 50£ (offer runs out in three days)

Any info anbody can provide me with would be much appreciated

Thanks

You won't need to change your visa status nor obtain a work permit to complete on-line tuition.

You can't apply for a CRB check, only your employer can do this. However, in the UK you can apply for a Subject Access clearance from any police station for 10 quid. It's pretty much the same thing.

My opinion is that teaching skills can't be developed by reading about them. You need the interaction of face-to-face training and observed teaching practices with real students if you want to gain something worthwhile from a TEFL training course.

An 140 hour on-line course for 50 quid! A book would be cheaper and just as effective.

Edited by Loaded
  • Like 1