Buying A Condo Off Plan!

checkoutcomplete

a guy told me than 15 years ago you could get a 46 square meters condo for 15000$ in pattaya.

all these companies want make you believe than what you buy now is still a good price. they inflate the price every year making you believe it s the market price.... it s not. it s temporary... we will see what will happen in 5 or 10 years.

swimming pool are bigger and they even install pirate boats...

some will have several islands, what next? a ski mountain with real snow maybe?

who will maintain that? . you know many guys are not paying, it s human nature... nobody like to give money... included me... . you bet for a 1000+ condo infrastructure, some will stop to pay as soon they can. and there is no way to make them pay so you will pay for them. if not, they stop to maintain swimming pool, security, lift, cleaning, trash pick up. etc

then. you condo loose its value, stinks, and start to deteriorate with water infiltration...

view all the risks included from the beginning from booking then living in a condo and selling it after a few years, it s a big risk... plus you have to pay tax... i know guys who rent house for 8000 baths a month.

rent!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another scenario have you hold on to the condo until it's completed, assuming you have the cash to pay the balance, now hoping to sell in a market that is saturated with new condos.

There is a third group: those who buy off-plan with their savings intending to rent out their units once the build is finished thus providing themselves with a "pension". To me this seems even dodgier than the first two groups. Even at the peak of high season it is not hard to find empty rental condos and outside of Dec/Jan/Feb there are lots of them. I dont see how demand can possibly increase enough to fill all the existing units and all the new units that are being developed, and if it does then I dread to think how long the tail-back of traffic will be into South Pattaya in the evening.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have some properties available off plan...

post-134820-0-12437800-1396546171_thumb.

Only 3 Million baht, PM me if you are interested!!!

OK a troll post, but just think - someone may have spent a bit more money than me to make something look alot more appealing to the unsuspecting mug investor.

edit: OK its not fair to tar all developers with the same brush, but you must do due diligence!

Edited by Satcommlee

Be wary of time scales quoted by these developers. One project near me has been advertising it's condo for over 2 years and they haven't even made a start on site. No doubt they told buyers it would be ready in 2 years.

It's just a matter of doing some research on the developer and construction companies. I know of several projects in Cosy Beach which were sold out before ground breaking and finished on time (plus or minus a few months). I'm living next door to a project nearing completion as we speak. The same developer is about to start another construction (11 stories) nearby, which is NEARLY sold out and they won't break ground until about June. I see a number of developers doing very well - they start a new project while still finishing off the one before. They won't disappoint buyers as their business relies on their track record, which can be seen by their completed projects.

Find a reliable developer with a good track record building in the right position and you can't go wrong.

Thousands and thousands of empty condos for sale.

Why would someone buy one that isnt even built yet?

A few years ago, I made it a hobby to look at units for sale. Probably looked at 50 buildings.

Most had some sort of 'problem' that would prevent me from making an offer.

Lots of bad construction, bad neighbors, bad management etc.

What are you going to do if some <deleted> cop opens an all night karaoke bar near your newly purchased home?

Nothing you can do but abandon your investment.

• 4 months later...

a guy told me than 15 years ago you could get a 46 square meters condo for 15000$ in pattaya.

all these companies want make you believe than what you buy now is still a good price. they inflate the price every year making you believe it s the market price.... it s not. it s temporary... we will see what will happen in 5 or 10 years.

who will maintain that? . you know many guys are not paying, it s human nature... nobody like to give money... included me... . you bet for a 1000+ condo infrastructure, some will stop to pay as soon they can. and there is no way to make them pay so you will pay for them. if not, they stop to maintain swimming pool, security, lift, cleaning, trash pick up. etc

then. you condo loose its value, stinks, and start to deteriorate with water infiltration...

view all the risks included from the beginning from booking then living in a condo and selling it after a few years, it s a big risk... plus you have to pay tax... i know guys who rent house for 8000 baths a month.

rent!

All cheap charlies say the same and have been saying the same thing for years, boring drival on the off chance if they say "in 5-10 years time" they might get it right, when the times comes they just say it will happen in another "5-10 years time"

These are the sort of cretins that when drinking and they start waffling after 5 mins I want to throw myself under a truck out of shear depression!

rent!

All cheap charlies say the same and have been saying the same thing for years, boring drival on the off chance if they say "in 5-10 years time" they might get it right, when the times comes they just say it will happen in another "5-10 years time"

These are the sort of cretins that when drinking and they start waffling after 5 mins I want to throw myself under a truck out of shear depression!

Obviously the truck was not rolling... whistling.gif

• 2 months later...

Whenever a a real estate agent suggests that I buy off plan in order to flip it for a higher price I just want to cringe.

This creates an artificial demand which causes even more unoccupied units to be built. It's the same greater fool mentality that led to the collapse of the US housing market.

This also leads to developers putting up crap with little quality control. They made their money in the off plan selling phase so they are eager to wrap things up and move on to the next one.

Edited by OnMyWay2

Whenever a a real estate agent suggests that I buy off plan in order to flip it for a higher price I just want to cringe.

This creates an artificial demand which causes even more unoccupied units to be built. It's the same greater fool mentality that led to the collapse of the US housing market.

What you see and what you get are two separate entities. Amazed at the artistic masterstrokes that occupy off plan selling,... looks as if there are two,if not three that have blown a gasket or two in descriptions recently, nobody in their right mind would buy into the trash nearing completion if fully aware of what was coming their way

Two to three years ago passing a booth selling the SS project, well heeled guy attempted to hold selling pitch ,just felt totally insulted, and by that time the cat was truly out of the bag at what was being delivered. Stuck with me for some time that incident,just how anybody could be talked into that rubbish is beyond belief

Just a form of smash and grab off plan selling

Edited by loppylugs1

Sometimes off plan can work out a fantastic deal. But you have to get in early (like two years before it's due to even start being built)

In western countries it's not a problem because the law protects you to a certain extent. Not out here!

Unless you are very familia with the ins and outs if what your doing stick to this rule .... If you can't see it and touch it don't buy it

In addition there are many places for sale here very cheep that have already been built because of the already over supply in the condo market.

Good luck!

Well In a way its easier to sell a video than the real thing where actual quality comes into play so I can see how people get talked into it.

I can see why one would want to be a developer. Just make a video, open a kiosk and start raking in millions of baht in up front payments. No slander allowed against you either :)

• Like 1