Gay Life In Los.

ChrisP

Gay Life In Los., Pros and Cons of BKK...

Pros

- no one beat you , rare to find exactly homophobia (for hit and hurt)

- people here seem compromise about gay's lifestyle

- u can find gay friends 1-1.5 persons from 10 male

- u can act as bitchy,sassy no one blame u(maybe just laugh alil)

-no need to act as stealth mode and hide yourself

Cons

- same sex marriage is illegal even partnership

Only one con!? And that con might actually be a pro... "no gay marriage" LOL

what about that process of having to work out what someons agenda is, are they a money boy, blah blah. Of course that is true to an extent anywhere in the world, and any time you might embark on some kind of relationship... but... well.....

Of course it depends on what you mean by "gay life in bkk", are we talking about being gay in bkk, or the gay scene in bkk, silom et al.

Hmm, I love Bangkok because it is a great city. Not because of "gay life". Sure the gay scene is ncie (especially Silom soi 4 and 2), but that's just in the evening. Bangkok offers much more during the daytime and none of it would be gay related. On the other hand, I do like to go out, and Bangkok offers quite a few options, from Ratchada soi 4 to nana, and from KSR to RCA. I'm sure to check them all out during my trips.

Bangkok has an airport with connections to regional Thailand (Issan) and lots of taxis outside the airport which will whisk you away to Pattaya.

I have never been a fan of the gay scene in BKK. Give me a fortnight in Issan and a few days in Pattaya and I am happy.

Both are complete opposites: there isn't any obvious gay scene in the remote villages in Issan - just lots of genuinely friendly guys. It's 'in your face' in parts of Pattaya - but you have fun in the sun on the beach there.

Peter

IMHO ...... Bangkok is the only city in Thailand with a true "gay scene"

The other cities that have gay venues are mostly "commercial" and even in BKK there is a pretty large "commercial" aspect to the non-commercial venues in Silom.

That being said there are TONS of non-commercial venues for people that live here and speak some Thai ... and no I do not mean just the saunas ....

((There are also quite a few commercial venues for Thais that are off the beaten track as well))

I love the scene in BKK and almost never go to Silom at all. ((That being said ... check out a place called @Richards in Soi Freeman <Silom Soi 2/1> quieter than most ... decent food ... nice guys ... and the owners are frendly and helpful about giving advice about local happenings

I've had several runs of good luck recently, so I could be celebrating several things- let's just say that both work and personal life have been going very, very well. Banzai!

Advantages of Bangkok (for gay life?): Lots of hot, horny guys out there looking for partners

Disadvantages of Bangkok (for gay life?): Lots of hot, horny guys out there looking for partners!

It depends on your perspective. I think it's very easy to get laid here- but at the same time it's a lot harder to find someone who's really interested in any kind of committed relationship. Not impossible, just harder. At the moment, I'm viewing it as an advantage..... :o

"Steven"

• 2 weeks later...

I do wonder why there aren't many lesbian bars in Thailand. Why don't they, the lesbians, start some up? I guess most gay bars are owned by gay men so why don't the ladies do the same? Around where I live there are hundreds of lesbians albeit Thai lesbians. You would think they would like somewhere to hang out and play pool.

I know that Chiang Mai had a lesbian gathering point, a bar or restaurant. Surely there are more in BKK, but maybe even more secret. I feel sorry for the lesbians here, compared to the gay men; we've got it easy. You can tell a total stranger here (a Thai, anyway), that you're a gay man, and it's "mai bpen rai" or "Sebai, sebai."

Wow, we went to Babylon last night, expecting it to simply be a larger version of the gay spa in Chiang Mai that we met at, 3 years ago (House of Male). Good grief, Charlie Brown, what a huge place, full of gay men! Enough said.