Sort Of Extension Of Bkk's Thread

seonai

I'm an architect and urban planner - working in my own firm & this is my 14th yr.

In addition, I also work as an independent consultant on sustainable development for the "National Park Service" during summer months, here in the US.

Edited by BKK90210

I am a teacher, currently attempting to get a Masters in Education through distance learning. So really I am a teacher who in her spare time is glued to her computer.

Edited by meme

At times I really wonder what it is that I do!

Technically, I am manager of a small guesthouse on the same island as Seonai.

This may not be for too much longer as I am applying for other positions at the moment. I need to better my financial situation and have more of a challenge. And, in line with an earlier thread by Seonai, I need to get some intellectual stimulation, and my life back! Working 14 hour days with no real social outlets is a tad tedious at times.

Bungalow/Resort manager, business is owned by the family but we essentially run the entire operation as they are off doing their own thing.

Before that, student and english teacher in Taiwan. I guess if I hadn't met my husband I would have gone back to school and perhaps gotten a degree in archaeology (my first love :o)

I'm an architect and urban planner - working in my own firm & this is my 14th yr.

In addition, I also work as an independent consultant on sustainable development for the "National Park Service" during summer months, here in the US.

ha ha - another urban planner! Hardly anyone really knows what that is, but we are slowly creeping into the collective consciousness at large!

In the states, I was a planner that worked on environmental justice and affordable housing issues; In Thailand, I worked with NGOs on migration and poverty issues; over the last year, I taught history and social studies; I am now looking to return to planning and development over the next few months, possibly in Thailand, possibly in the states.

ha ha - another urban planner! Hardly anyone really knows what that is, but we are slowly creeping into the collective consciousness at large!

In the states, I was a planner that worked on environmental justice and affordable housing issues; In Thailand, I worked with NGOs on migration and poverty issues; over the last year, I taught history and social studies; I am now looking to return to planning and development over the next few months, possibly in Thailand, possibly in the states.

Great…another planner! Yes, I sometimes wish more people know who we are and what we’re doing. I have to admit it’s a great area to study but my line of works are leaning toward architecture most of the times. In what region are you working in? northen or issaan region? Interesting….are you really coming back to the US, why? Don’t you like Thailand or you’re on a contract?

I’m planning to move to Thailand in a few years for good. I’m half thai, so the language barrier wouldn’t be a problem for me. I and my husband are more interested in developing some type of resort or housing development, somewhere in Rayong…Hua hin or Kanchanaburi area, coz many members of my thai family (from mom side) are all over in those areas and in BKK.

My first love has always been in utilizing existing natural resources in site planning for cluster housing. So….Which area specifically in planning and development are you really really interested in?

Great…another planner! Yes, I sometimes wish more people know who we are and what we’re doing. I have to admit it’s a great area to study but my line of works are leaning toward architecture most of the times. In what region are you working in? northen or issaan region? Interesting….are you really coming back to the US, why? Don’t you like Thailand or you’re on a contract?

I’m planning to move to Thailand in a few years for good. I’m half thai, so the language barrier wouldn’t be a problem for me. I and my husband are more interested in developing some type of resort or housing development, somewhere in Rayong…Hua hin or Kanchanaburi area, coz many members of my thai family (from mom side) are all over in those areas and in BKK.

My first love has always been in utilizing existing natural resources in site planning for cluster housing. So….Which area specifically in planning and development are you really really interested in?

In SEA I've focused primarily on land and housing issues, as they relate to the corresponding conditions of poverty and statelessness. I'm going to PM you sometime today or this weekend so we don't bore people to death on this thread :o

Then we can be big planning geeks together :D

Consultant in Public Health, work in Cambodia on short-term assignments lasting anywhere from a few days to about 6 weeks at a stretch, 4 - 6 assignments a year so about half retired. Being able to afford partial retirement at a comparatively early age is why I've settled in Thailand (plus, of course, I like it, and it omits the jet lag factor).

I am a teacher, currently attempting to get a Masters in Education through distance learning. So really I am a teacher who in her spare time is glued to her computer.

Same as meme ... teacher and glued to the computer studying through distance learning in my 'spare' time .... which is what I really should be doing right now ....

• 2 weeks later...

I am a lecturer at a university

I teach Drama, and courses such as Business communications , English for Negotiations. It's fun.

Also, my husband and I have a frog farm. Things are hopping along :o

I retired here 2 years ago from the UK. I have now reached the big 50 and every day is crammed full of stuff that I would never have time for if I worked!! There is the garden the books, the other garden and the dogs. There's 3 meals a day ( at least ) and then there is the driving .... where to today? There are birds to listen to & watch and best of all, there is the shopping. Some days its the food markets other days its things for the home, the garden or little 'ole me.

Some folks would be bored with my life, not me. Never been happier.

Also, my husband and I have a frog farm.

Sorry to pop in (as I'm not female :o ) but I'm curious about those frogs. I know there are big frog farms a.o. in France and Greece but never heard about it in LOS before.

Do you sell them? Do Thai eat Frogs (legs)...?

LaoPo

Sorry to pop in (as I'm not female :D ) but I'm curious about those frogs. I know there are big frog farms a.o. in France and Greece but never heard about it in LOS before.

LaoPo

Yep, Thais eat frogs, alot,

also Taiwan and Singapore.

(try frogs fried with garlic sometime :o )

Sorry to pop in (as I'm not female :D ) but I'm curious about those frogs. I know there are big frog farms a.o. in France and Greece but never heard about it in LOS before.

LaoPo

Yep, Thais eat frogs, alot,

also Taiwan and Singapore.

(try frogs fried with garlic sometime :o )

Thanks a lot.....learned something today (again)....Thank you! :D

Hope it's a good business for you and hubby.

LaoPo

Giselle, I'd love to hear a bit more about your farm. PM me if you are interested in me doing a story on your work for a newspaper.

Sounds like an interesting read!

Frog farms? just Google....

found this:

http://www.fisheries.go.th/aahri/Health_ne...etter/art17.htm

and this:

http://www.fisheries.go.th/aahri/Health_ne...etter/art35.htm

.... :o and I just wanted to go out for dinner... :D

Laopo

Edited by LaoPo

Giselle, I'd love to hear a bit more about your farm. PM me if you are interested in me doing a story on your work for a newspaper.

Sounds like an interesting read!

Frog farms? just Google....

found this:

http://www.fisheries.go.th/aahri/Health_ne...etter/art17.htm

and this:

http://www.fisheries.go.th/aahri/Health_ne...etter/art35.htm

.... :o and I just wanted to go out for dinner... :D

Laopo

Thank Buddha we have healthy frogs.

:D