Illusion Of Rolling Uphill (Loei-Phitsanulok?)

jack2964

Many years back I remember driving along a stretch of country road probably from Loei towards Phitsanulok and somewhere along I was requested to stop by my then thai gf rather abruptly. The car was then put into neutral and engine killed. What happened next was quite amazing even though we knew it to be an illusion--the car appeared to roll uphill. Now, I wish to revisit this spot but haven't the faintest idea where this is as this was way before car GPSes became popular. So if anyone here knows where this could be I'd be most grateful if he/she can share the coordinates or any form of identifying landmark. Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

I know of one place where that happens. Not sure of the GPS coordinates but could get them for you. This place is in the Khao Koh Highlands which would be between Loei and Phitsanoluk. If you would like me to get the GPS info for you send an email to me. [email protected]

Just post the co-ordinates you are not breaking any rules.

I know of one place where that happens. Not sure of the GPS coordinates but could get them for you. This place is in the Khao Koh Highlands which would be between Loei and Phitsanoluk. If you would like me to get the GPS info for you send an email to me. [email protected]

Thanks Kevin I have looked and searched every resource I could think of but found nothing. Would be fantastic if you can post the coords here so anyone can amuse themselves for a few moments if they happen to pass this location. Email sent too!

Posting the name of the area, Road Number and towns the area is between and GPS etc will be helpful to many people in the future that find this thread.

Hence me including various key words below this video clip - that ALSO fails to mention the location.

This is a list of gravity hills and magnetic hills around the world, hopefully Thailand will be included soon too!

Edit: ``Magic Hill'' A 130-metre stretch of mountain road on Highway 105 about 12 kilometres from (Is that East of or North of?) Mae Sot in Tak province thumbsup.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some further searches offer these places:

The Magic Hill, Tak, Thailand

"Magic Hill" outside Mae Sot.

Magic-Hill01.jpg

Some ropey ideas about perspective in this video clip.....

Edited by Cuban

Yes there is a place in Khao Khor off route 21 in Phetchabun province.

GPS co ordinates I don't have sorry.

Posting the name of the area, Road Number and towns the area is between and GPS etc will be helpful to many people in the future that find this thread.

Hence me including various key words below this video clip - that ALSO fails to mention the location.

This is a list of gravity hills and magnetic hills around the world, hopefully Thailand will be included soon too!

Yeah, that looks safe

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing these cool videos. So how does this work? Why do our eyes tell us it is uphill when it is obviously not. Any one with an easy layman's explanation?

Saw something similar on telly. At a train crossing in the USA, cars stopping at the crossing appeared to roll up hill. It was due to the surrounding landscape giving the appearance. It wasn't until they used surveyors equipment they worked it out. Made a great local ghost story for 30years.

Hello folks. Here are the coordinates and directions to the "Magic" hill in the Khao Kor Highlands. When heading north on Highway 21 you need to turn left on the 2258 (I think west but left off Highway 21 is the only way to get on the 2258). Travel 17.2 km will take you to the exact spot. The GPS coordinates are N16 degrees 32.919' and E101 degrees 2.179. There is no signage because it is in a dangerous location on a two lane mountain road but stop at the bottom of the hill and you will see some faint red markings. I hope that help everyone. I will be traveling to Mae Sot soon and will try to get directions and GPS coordinates for the one there as well. Take care everyone.

• Like 1