Going To Sell 2013 Honda Cbr500R Soon

Price it well and put on TV classified , my phone rang of the hook when I sold a bike that way.Sold to a very nice Gent ( who I assume is a TV poster) who has has been very easy to deal with.

Price it well and put on TV classified , my phone rang of the hook when I sold a bike that way.Sold to a very nice Gent ( who I assume is a TV poster) who has has been very easy to deal with.

baht n sold works best for me my dtracker sold in 2 hours at top price

Dunno but 4000 bht for registration and book you were ripped of there......

I though that was standard pricing on a new bike.

i didnt pay anything for book plates and registration when i bought my crf, and i was able to choose any number i wanted ,i guess the normal honda dealers that everybody always moans about arent that bad after all.

Good luck with the sale, I am going back in May and already I am trying to choose between a 2013 Cb1100 or Triumph Thruxton. Maybe just get an older CB750 to do a cafe. Then do I get a 2011 Mustang GT, 5.0L with 415hp, or get an old rat rod 40's/50's pick up with a modern transplant. TOO many choices, sometimes it's nice that Thailand limits your choices hahaha

Put it at 190k and gauge the interest. Could go fast, could not go until dropping the price more.

The used market for bigger bikes is now not really in the seller's favour with tried and tested Kawa 650s for much lower, I don't think many care about models being a few years older when the bikes are still only 3 or so years old, highly reputable, and service and parts are so cheap. Amazingly from just a few years ago it's turned into a buyer's market.

Put it at 190k and gauge the interest. Could go fast, could not go until dropping the price more.

The used market for bigger bikes is now not really in the seller's favour with tried and tested Kawa 650s for much lower, I don't think many care about models being a few years older when the bikes are still only 3 or so years old, highly reputable, and service and parts are so cheap. Amazingly from just a few years ago it's turned into a buyer's market.

Have to agree with that as a friend had virtually zero interest in a low km's near mint ER6N. Eventually went for 160k.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Have to agree with that as a friend had virtually zero interest in a low km's near mint ER6N. Eventually went for 160k.

Isn't it great (and surprising) to see such a saturated market for (relatively) big bikes in Thailand. Go back only 5 years and what has happened is like some sort of wet dream.

One guy needed a quick sale and had to put his Er6F up for 120k baht. Of course that ended up being a very quick sale.

Green Book will be supplied by Big Wing Honda in Pattaya along with new owner registration update as it has not arrived yet but this is NOT AN ISSUE.

Just curious but you say you do not have green book or registration yet but the bike has a license plate?

Is that the plate or does that plate belong to a shop?

Edited by mania

Green Book will be supplied by Big Wing Honda in Pattaya along with new owner registration update as it has not arrived yet but this is NOT AN ISSUE.

Just curious but you say you do not have green book or registration yet but the bike has a license plate?

Is that the plate or does that plate belong to a shop?

I have everything to include the white plate (the plate in the photo is my legal plate for the bike) not the red dealer plate or a borrowed white plate, the Green Book when Honda received it was incorrect, in the book the Thai Transportation office listed the bike as 150cc and not 500cc so they had to send the book back to be corrected and reissued.

Everything else I have and is correct. Honda here in Pattaya said that when I sell it to bring the new owner to them and they will take care of updating the Green Book for the new owner unless it arrived prior to sell in which case the new owner and I would just sign the Green Book over to the new owner and fill out the transfer paperwork.

Edited by commande
  • Like 1

in the book the Thai Transportation office listed the bike as 150cc and not 500cc so they had to send the book back to be corrected and reissued.

Jeez sounds like them smile.png Made me go take a look at mine as I never really looked closely at it smile.png

The CBR 500 is totally different in feeling from the ER6 or Ninja 650.

Its very light and nimble as well as being a skinny bike, if your looking for more power than a 250 but with virtually the same footprint, the CBR 500 is it.

The CBR 500 feels even lighter than the old model Ninja 250.

Edited by KRS1

in the book the Thai Transportation office listed the bike as 150cc and not 500cc so they had to send the book back to be corrected and reissued.

Jeez sounds like them smile.png Made me go take a look at mine as I never really looked closely at it smile.png

UPDATE: Just received corrected GREEN BOOK today so everything is in order.

UPDATE: Just received corrected GREEN BOOK today so everything is in order.

Congrats mate, I am sure you can sell this bike for a very good price. since buying new at honda people are waiting months... my friend had to wait 2 months to get a new one! and he paid full in cash.

go for 195-200K baht. easy sell.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey XASTUNT, what is the issue with you placing your personal opinionated review of the Honda 500 series bikes in the Classified Ad Section of TV????

http://classifieds.thaivisa.com/automotives-vehicles/motorcycles/2013-honda-cbr500-restricted-bikes-217300.html

For one it's not an Ad to sell anything, 2 it appears you have spammed this board with that personal review of yours many times within different sections in the past only to be shot down multiple times for wrong information. You are of course entitled to your own opinion but to purposely try and impact the sales or resale's of a particular Brand and Make of motorcycle is pathetic and definitely not appreciated by a person like me trying to sell this particular bike here.

Admins/MODS please remove or relocated this to the appropriate location within the TV board, it definitely doesn't belong in the Classified Ad section unless he is selling the advise which doesn't appear to be the case...

Edited by commande
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Have a question regarding this bike in Thailand:

I've read that in Europe, Honda is charging $400-500 USD for the first 1000KM maintenance for Valve Clearance.

Did anyone here owing a CB500 have to pay that much in Thailand?

Have a question regarding this bike in Thailand:

I've read that in Europe, Honda is charging $400-500 USD for the first 1000KM maintenance for Valve Clearance.

Did anyone here owing a CB500 have to pay that much in Thailand?

That sounds a lot! Here it's about $20.

It's between 1900 & 3000 baht depending on if you waste money using fully-synthetic oil or not. But, Honda seem to be discounting/rebating the valve clearance part of it in Thailand.

Edited by Wong!