Renovations Santiburi Cr, Mae Moh And 'new' Courses

sticklee

Played Sanitburi in Chiangrai today. Just an update to wary of. 5 greens are being replaced on the front 9 an temporaries are in play. Temps are very small and not very good. Still for the great price of 1050 all in, everyday, it's excellent value.

The Mae Moh renos started about a year ago. I played last week expecting them to be well along. Not so. All new greens, new bunkers and the entire areas around the greens are being replaced. The front 9 is a long way off from completion. The back 9 looked nearly ready to go. All temps in play and 4 holes closed entirely. There are extra holes on the course not part of the usual 18 which are now in play. 150+200 except holidays is still a great deal.

A heads up if you havn't played. Sirikit Dam is a very good course. Lots of elevation changes, some blind shots, holes along the river. Plays long and difficult. Superb value at 400 all in. I had the course all to myself. Not far out of Uttaradit. A course I'm definitely going back to

South of Uttaradit on Hwy 11 is a 9 hole course just after the giant reclining Buddha and before the 11 turn off to Uttaradit. Great little course with lots of elevation. Rough around the edges but great fun. Quite long at 3427 from the backs. Its called Wiangkosai but there's no English on their sign. Hard to miss it's right on the highway. Had one of the best caddies I've had anywhere. Good value at 280 all in for 9 holes.

Dongpukurd, Phitsanulok. A military course. Pretty good layout but dead flat. Decent condition and good value at 600 all in. Next to the airport and close to the middle of town .