Phuket Heroin User Tries To Evade Police, Falls Off Bike

webfact

Phuket heroin user tries to evade police, falls off bike
Kanana Kaewsomboon

drug.jpg
Supachai “Ood” Samniang, arrested for illegal possession of a shotgun.

PHUKET: -- A Phuket man was arrested yesterday morning (May 16) on charges of possession of 50 grams of heroin and resisting arrest, after a short police chase which ended with him falling off his motorbike.

Thalang policemen received a tip off around 5.30am that a package containing heroin would be delivered to Phuket on a bus coming from Narathiwat, and would arrive at a gas station in Thalang.

When police arrived at the gas station, they found Wig Nillawan, 52, a Thalang resident, who had already collected the package of heroin.

“Once Mr Wig saw us, he tried to escape on his motorbike,” said Pol Lt Col Weerayut Sitthirattanakul, of Thalang Police.

“But a policeman chased him, then he fell off his bike, so we arrested him. He was carrying a box containing 10 tubes of heroine, each around 5 grams each. He told us he sprinkles the heroin on top of a marijuana joint and smokes it.”

Mr Wig confessed to police he usually purchased the heroin from a man named Supachai “Ood” Samniang, 46, who lives in Sri Soonthorn.

Yesterday afternoon Wig took police to Ood’s house, where they found Ood and two other farm workers. All three admitted they used heroin, but no drugs were found in the house.

However, the police did find a shotgun with two rounds of ammunition. Ood told police the shotgun was his, but originally it belonged to a man named Mangkorn Lohapong.

Ood lent him him B20,000, and in return took his shotgun as a deposit. However there was no paperwork, so Ood was arrested on illegal possession of a shotgun.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-heroin-user-tries-to-evade-police-falls-off-bike-39437.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2013-05-17

Mr Wig confessed ... Supachai Ood Samniang, 46, who lives in Sri Soonthorn.

Ood told police ... Mangkorn Lohapong.

How do the BIB get the perps to rat out their mates so easily?

• Like 1

This is the first time, in a long time, that "Heroin" has been mentioned in a news article, in relationship to Heroin being used and/or distributed locally in Thailand.

Is Heroin use making a comeback in Thailand?

This is the first time, in a long time, that "Heroin" has been mentioned in a news article, in relationship to Heroin being used and/or distributed locally in Thailand.

it might be making a comeback everywhere courtesy of the gentlemen in Afghanistan

"Comeback"??? Unfortunately, Heroin has always been available to those that need and will always be available to same, anywhere/everywhere and anytime ... in the world.

Sorry maxjay, I cannot provide you with any recent articles or links. I am simply aware of the constant/uninterupted availability to those who wish to use heroin in my community for the past (near) 20 years (and to my knowledge not much different than anywhere else in the world). My concern has always been those close to me and their children. I try to be aware of what transpires around me and this unfortunate availability is unceasing. BTW, for whatever you might read of the "wonderful" job burma is doing to eradicate the opium poppy you might want to google the UN Report on opium proliferation in burma. Sorry I can't be of any further asistance. Cheers, dap