Electrolyte Tablets/powder

CM

The only thing I've found in Thailand was powder (except 1 pharmacy in Krabi which had tablets) which you can buy at any pharmacy. I prefer the Zero Tabs which I order from Ebay as they contain no sugar but are sweetened with aspertame (Equal). The tabs come in a number of flavors.

Yes I tried that for my workouts too.. but unfortunately at the end of the workout and 2 packets and 2 liter of water later i still cramp up doing abs. I will look into the zero tabs, and the pharmacy things do have some carbs in them but that is ok for me as it isnt much.

Price 5 to 7 bt a satchel you can get them at boots.. or in the big supermarket pharmacies everywhere.

Most pharmacies will have electrolyte powder they dish it out after diarrhea.

Usually orange flavour.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

Yep ... they are the go ... thumbsup.gif

No need to import anything.

Edited by David48

You have 19 bicycle shops in Chiang Mai Why does you get someone to give them all a call. Then you'll know the range and price.

Paul.

I know most of these shops. Never seen any one selling electrolyte tabs. Now here is a market niche.

Usually orange flavour.

Yeah, that brings back memories... I didn't consider these orange sachets, because I found them quite sweet and bubbly and was thinking more along the lines of solid Gatorade, but maybe I should give them a try. Good suggestion, thank you.

Cheers, CM-expat

The ones I use from boots only have little bit of dextrose in them not that much but im not so sure they are 100% effective.. I drank 3 satchesl with 2 liters of water during my last workout and still got some minor cramps in my triceps.

You have 19 bicycle shops in Chiang Mai

http://bicyclethailand.com/bicycle-shops-in-chiang-mai-province-thailand/

Why does you get someone to give them all a call.

Then you'll know the range and price.

Paul.

Obviously you're not from Chiang Mai. That's a wasted couple of hours. None of the bigger shops carry it. It's possible a small shop does, but unlikely.

I use Berdek. It comes in Orange and Lemon Tea flavor but you'll probably find it too sweet. Each packet has about 25 grams of dextrose. I prefer to have some calories in the water bottle. It works for me on 3-4 hour bike rides. Costs 7 baht per packet or 250 baht for a box of 50. I also occasionally use the small electrolyte packets available from Watson's. Not sweet at all as they only have 2 grams of dextrose.

If you're having problems with cramps in the gym it may be from overuse rather than electrolyte deficiency or dehydration.

I have found that all of the 5 and 6 baht packs stop the cramping whilst out and about on my rides. 2 sachets and I feel tip top. The orange flavour isn't too bad either.

:D

Edited by jambco984
  • Like 1

You have 19 bicycle shops in Chiang Mai

http://bicyclethailand.com/bicycle-shops-in-chiang-mai-province-thailand/

Why does you get someone to give them all a call.

Then you'll know the range and price.

Paul.

Obviously you're not from Chiang Mai. That's a wasted couple of hours. None of the bigger shops carry it. It's possible a small shop does, but unlikely.

I use Berdek. It comes in Orange and Lemon Tea flavor but you'll probably find it too sweet. Each packet has about 25 grams of dextrose. I prefer to have some calories in the water bottle. It works for me on 3-4 hour bike rides. Costs 7 baht per packet or 250 baht for a box of 50. I also occasionally use the small electrolyte packets available from Watson's. Not sweet at all as they only have 2 grams of dextrose.

If you're having problems with cramps in the gym it may be from overuse rather than electrolyte deficiency or dehydration.

I sweat like crazy. as i workout hard. I drink a whole 2 liter bottle of water or electrolite. Its not overuse as it usually happens in the end doing my abs. (those arent worked that hard before). I could see your point of view if it happend during hard sets with weights.. but on abs.. nope.

Coming out of town over Narawat bridge, head down charoen muang rd and the first set of traffic lights you reach there is a pharamacy on the corner (right side opposite bank) he seems like an wholesaler and is very cheap, one particular brand with Lyte in the title ( sorry cannot remember full name) is not too sickly and mixes up to a sort of transparent orange colour.

I had trouble a while back finding electrolyte and was pleased to see it in Marko one day, not a place I had thought of or expected.

Its the Dechamp brand and here down south ( Samui ) its 129 baht for 50 sachets.

I use 2 sachets for 2 liters and that doe's me fine on hard 2/3 hour rides.

If you have a Marko maybe worth a look

Cheers Foggy

• Like 1

I had trouble a while back finding electrolyte and was pleased to see it in Marko one day, not a place I had thought of or expected.

Its the Dechamp brand and here down south ( Samui ) its 129 baht for 50 sachets.

I use 2 sachets for 2 liters and that doe's me fine on hard 2/3 hour rides.

If you have a Marko maybe worth a look

Cheers  Foggy

Thanks for that.

I bought the Dechamp brand at 5 baht per satchet. Will take a look at Makro when i run out. I am the same as you, 1 satchet over a hard ride is plenty.

Cheers.

:D

• 2 weeks later...

Usually orange flavour.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

Yes. This one is quite good.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

post-9791-13707543903866_thumb.jpg

• Like 1