Sriracha

Celcius

I asked my friend to pick me up some Sriracha hot sauce and he complied. However after the first taste I realized something was off, it was sweet and less spicy than the usual Sriracha sauce I am used to back in Canada. After a little research it appears that Sriracha is often mimicked and produced by other companies. The one he picked up was made by "Three Mountains" where the one I am looking for is made by "Huy Fong Foods."

Does anyone know if the Huy Fong Foods version of this delicious cock sauce is available somewhere in Chiang Mai?

Edited by Celcius

I don't think you're going to find that in Thailand, but if you do..... I'd love to know where.

I've been scouring the city's grocers for the past few weeks, looking for a reasonable substitute for another Huy Fong classic (see photo), and if the Huy Fong sriracha was available, I'd certainly have seen it. Same goes for their sambal oelek chili paste.

Looks like I'm going to have to get someone to "mule" me a few bottles of chili garlic sauce from the States, or...... learn how to make the stuff myself!

post-49742-0-58744000-1368783019_thumb.j

There was just a giant thread on this very topic like just last week. The search function in the upper rt hand corner is your friend. You might want to search keywords Rooster Sauce, though I'm not sure. And yes, you're in love with a Viet version of this original Thai sauce. Google is your friend for that very interesting rags to riches in America story.

I'm going back to the states Monday, but won't be back for 10 weeks. I brought some back for Winnie the Kwai and myself last trip, If you or anyone wants, I can bring back a bottle. The Huy Fong brand in a large squeeze bottle, But, as I said, I won't be back for 10 weeks. Winnie, if you need another bottle, let me know.

As realthiadeal mentioned there are 2 threads on same subject at same time which would be excessive except for something as important as this (all those who know me understand I'n NOT joking!). But as I just posted on the other thread I doubt a S.E. Asian product manufactured in USA will sold in S.E. Asia, just consider the price of labour etc even before the shipping compared to a local one. But if it is found please share!!!