Old Passport Not Returned

I had to renew my old UK passport as I had run out of pages. I filled in the passport application and sent my old passport with all the documents of to Hong Kong for renewal. Today my new passport was delivered minus my old passport which has all my Thai Retirement Visa details and 90 day reporting documents. I have now been told I should not have sent my old passport back but just a photocopy. Has anyone else made the same mistake as me and have had their old passport returned. If they did how did they go about it?

I seem to recall a post where a member sent his passport and they sent the old passport back separately from the new one.

You might want to wait a couple of days to see if is shows up. If not contact the passport office in the UK about it.

Do you have copies of your old passport photo page and visa/extension of stay pages?

If yes you could possibly go to immigration and get the stamps done in your new passport. But they probably would want a police report for a lost passport.

Yes I did it the wrong way round... I took a photocopy of my old passport and sent the old one.. I will wait for a couple of days to see if it turns up..I did not however take copies of my visa details... as I thought they would come back with my old passport. The last time I renewed that was the procedure to send the old passport back but I suppose the system has changed since then.

As you now realise you don't actually send your old passport to Hong Kong, well should't anyway :-)

Hong Kong just check the application and initiate the printing and delivery process electronically.

I dealt with them by email recently when my debit card didn't work, they were pretty good.

If you don't have it already their email address is: [email protected]

TOG

• Like 1